Went a little crazy in September (springer air rifles).). - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-16-2021, 06:13 PM
bberg7794

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Fickle or sensitive-difficult to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrank1 View Post
As I said, this is my 'bench' air-rifle. Springers, ime, can be problematic off the bench.
I had to find the right bag fill, material and amount, the forestock position on the bag, rear bag or free shoulder, shoulder/cheek/trigger hand touch.
And I wanted it to be fun rather than just another constant OC procedure ad nauseum.
And how! I have never shot any of my prior rifles from the bench as much as this LGU. I am surprised at how sensitive it is to...cheek pressure....foot position....grip, etc. So much easier and more consistent with my .22 match rifle. I guess this is the springer mystique. I think I will be happy if I can get my average 10-shot group size down to 3/4 inch, or twice my .22 match rifle size. I have a new trigger to install, which should help, but then it will be down to tuning. All for fun!
Old 10-14-2021, 02:47 PM
airshot
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Taking my airguns to a firearm range has always been an eye opener for many! Years back I took my R1 custom tuned .22 cal to the local firearm range, folks could not believe I was shooting holes clean thru the 1/2" plywood backer at 50 yds!! Then they saw sub one inch groups at that same distance...quite a lively conversation ensued after that....
Old 10-15-2021, 01:28 PM
airshot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
For the dollar Iím not sure the TX200 is worth the cost. Yet.[/QUOTE]

Give it time, once tuned and broke in she should be great.. Is she a lefty? I am a lefty and usually notice those things. The biggest value on the TX is how easy they are to service and springs usually last a ling time due to low preload.
Like that LG as it reminds me of the earlier TX models without the bull barrels, I thought they balanced much better, to much barrel weight on the MK3, in my opinion
Old 10-21-2021, 09:34 PM
bberg7794

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
A little windy yesterday

It was a little windy at the range yesterday, so these targets were shot at 25 yards. Group no. 1 was crazy! That was supposed to be my barrel fouling group as I had cleaned my barrel. I certainly wish they all could look like that. The Ten Dimes target at the bottom has a couple shots out. I tried to wait out the gusts, but ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20211020Groups.jpg (484.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 20211020Groups-Dimes.jpg (484.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 20211020TenDimes.jpg (485.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 10-21-2021, 10:28 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
From the look of that #1 maybe you should clean after every 5 shots !
Old 10-29-2021, 10:23 PM
airshot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Give that TX a quick tune up and it will improve the shot cycle a lot. Replacecthe factory goop with a good moly lube and get some spring dampening compound on that spring to stop vibration. Smooth and polish the ends of the spring so it is free to rotate. These simple steps will improve the firing cycle greatly. My own TX shoots 900 fps with 8.4 gn pelkets and has shot sub one inch groups at 75 yds on a real good day. And sub half inch at 35 yds. You need to put a real good glass on it to take advantage of its long rangs accuracy. Keep us posted on your findings