USPS Rant - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-19-2021, 01:38 PM
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Barefoot Bay, Florida and Cape Cod, Massachusetts
TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Registered Mail might help.

If you send something by Registered Mail, it needs to be signed for at each step in its voyage. Very high accountability. Not fast, but safe. Long guns can ship Registered Mail with insurance. The prices are not that bad either. Need to follow the rules on the packaging, use of paper tape on all seams etc.
Old 10-19-2021, 01:40 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
< big snip >

Rather than cut postal service, they really should expand it , so that we can see our tax dollars at work, and make our bureaucratic interactions a positive experience.

My mailman , is a great guy, and I look forward to our daily interaction. Hes retiring soon, because , as he says, its just not the Post Office anymore.
And therein lies the problem - they do not use tax dollars. They are a .com on the webs rather than a .gov because of that.

I could go further, but that would involve the ban-hammer.

Old 10-19-2021, 02:07 PM
OldCZFan
US Navy Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (34)
carbine one and others -

If I seem unreasonable or ungrateful, it is because I am frustrated. Similar to when I use foul language when I hit my thumb with a hammer.

I must admit patience is not a virtue of mine but also, I am concerned about the buyer receiving his rifle in a timely fashion.

Bear with me, folks.

OldCZFan
Old 10-19-2021, 03:54 PM
Test_Engineer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The performance of carriers really seems to vary with the distribution center nearest to you. Here, if I have ordered 10 items:

Fed-X gets all 10 delivered to my door in a timely fashion.

USPS gets all 10 delivered, but 2 are very slow to arrive.

UPS only gets 1 delivered, and the rest end up at someone else's door.
Old 10-19-2021, 03:56 PM
cnelson181
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
90% (9)
I guess I shouldn't move then.

Here in Midland, MI the USPS is awesome, the UPS drivers are great, and have had great interaction with the FedX drivers.

Craig...
Old 10-19-2021, 05:30 PM
carbineone

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I will give ya idea that I use when shipping stuff occasionally..My Daughter gets alot of crap from Amazon..When I repurpose those boxes for shipping at the PO..They get there alot faster it seems,LOL I was always going to get some Amazon tape and use it on my packages

I can see where you are upset the package is moving slowly OP..Not down on you at all for feeling that way..
Old 10-19-2021, 06:20 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Government run nuff said
Old 10-19-2021, 07:48 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
Exactly. The problem with the USPS is that most of the people who work there act like it's an inconvenience to them whenever they have to deal with anything other than envelopes.

That's why the service is so bad. The reason for their high prices is that most of these people also get ridiculous government salaries and can get full retirement after only 20 years. While places like UPS and FedEx pay their employees far less $ and offer better service.

I can't even track my packages through USPS most of the time now because they don't feel the need to scan the packages even though they're supposed to.

If I mail a letter to my next door neighbor where I live it goes to the local PO that's less than 1 mile away. From there it is shipped to the closest major city, and then to the capital city even further away. From there it gets sorted and sent back through all the same places in reverse order.

In what world does that make sense? Why wouldn't the post office just keep it and then deliver it on their route the next day?

Sorry for the rant, I've just had some unpleasant experiences with the USPS lately.
Old 10-19-2021, 08:14 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
The USPS has become a retirement and health care organization that just happens to (poorly) deliver 'mail'.
The old GM was similar but they just happened to make cars.
The point is that the legacy costs killed the old GM and the USPS is on the same track.
The US taxpayer bailed out GM and has been bailing for the USPS for a lonnggg time.
Imo, paying more for increasingly poor service does not instill confidence in its future.
Old 10-19-2021, 08:34 PM
jimd441

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Greensboro Distribution Center is legendary for poor performance. We received Christmas cards in February, and I could go on with stories about items that went through that center. Supposedly they had issues with workers hired for the holiday volume that were stealing, and corrected the problem. Well here we are coming up on the next holiday season and the problems persist.

Jim

Last edited by jimd441; 10-19-2021 at 08:35 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-19-2021, 09:48 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Maybe my retirement gig should be my own little package delivery company?
Old 10-19-2021, 10:56 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
And therein lies the problem - they do not use tax dollars. They are a .com on the webs rather than a .gov because of that.

I could go further, but that would involve the ban-hammer.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...ply&p=12495093

The are part of the executive branch, and were / are an important government service., that has been mismanaged and mangled .
Old 10-19-2021, 11:41 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...ply&p=12495093

The are part of the executive branch, and were / are an important government service., that has been mismanaged and mangled .
No argument - but their brief is to stand on their own with no taxes to help.

Old 10-20-2021, 03:08 AM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
No argument - but their brief is to stand on their own with no taxes to help.
And where do you think they got the $23,000,000,000 they lost in the last 20 years from? That brief, was just a bookkeeping gimmick to get them off the federal budget , to hide the losses.and shrink the reported federal deficit .
Old 10-20-2021, 07:01 AM
Andyd
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (25)
In this little town east of Dallas, the UPS service has been most disappointing for me. A handgun disappeared out off tracking, guns are deposited on my front porch without them ringing the bell and a package with a rifle was damaged, with the stock cracked. UPS Capital insurance never paid the claim and that was the last time I had used UPS.
I ship guns pretty much daily with the USPS and, while there are some very unpleasant delays occasionally, nothing has been lost or damaged by them.