The Watering Hole 10-17-2021 - Page 8 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2021, 12:47 AM
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)

Kabota Gardens... A most interesting place.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1009 bell 77.jpg (546.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1081 bridge No. 1 77.jpg (636.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1093 koi pond waterfall 77.jpg (553.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1115 tree 77.jpg (591.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1001 exit 77.jpg (547.1 KB, 8 views)

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol
Old 10-18-2021, 12:50 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wabara Wawwas was a dish back in da day!
Old 10-18-2021, 02:56 AM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Great dog pics, Lon!
--

Dunno where the time went, but its been a long and fun day. Met my goal of 80% or better at skeeting the other side of Ft. Worth. Not individually, but in the aggregate. It was stared late and ended later. Did get to see the cowbots win it OT before heading home. Sirloin and baked tater for dinner. Watched another OT win on SNF. Methinks the Steeler's needed it. Tough on the Seahawks, tho. Have to hope their guy, Taylor, who was injured is OK. Whatever it was he suffered, it was serious.
--

Had monarch flutterbye's in the Abelia today. They are headed to their wintering spot in Mexico in their usual zig-zag manner. They may fly straight when no one is looking, but I can't verify it.

I'm about to fly straight to bed.

Later.
Old 10-18-2021, 03:44 AM
eflyguy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Can't believe we have clear skies to "observe" the moon this morning. The 10x50 binocs were more than adequate, almost put my eyes out. Usually for any kind of astro event we are overcast. I'd have pulled a chair and my 24x spotting scope out, but it's 44ļ and I'm in shorts and a t-shirt. Studied it many times in the past. Both my telescopes are still at my ex's.

Surrounded by huge trees, I get a very limited view of the sky in my yard. "City in a forest"..
Old 10-18-2021, 07:02 AM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good Morning RFC'rs, et al:

Another fine morning here @ Fidy Nine degrees. Humidity is up a bit, at Sixty One Percent, but I'll take it.

Saints managed not to lose a game this weekend, while LSU gave Florida the what not. Geaux Coach O. Wondering who will replace him, as he was never really comfortable in that job. He'd tell you so himself, but nobody would understand a werd he said.
Still, a much more loyal coach that Nick the Satan.

Java is ready. Taking some time to do some route planning this morning. Then I'll get outdoors for a walk, someplace or another.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 10-18-2021, 07:06 AM
e40
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Mornin',

Back to the grind for a little while. Then back into the combine.

Windy and cool (by recent standards) yesterday, today is a repeat.

Checked deer stands and trimmed a few limbs. Did a lot of work last year making it easy this year.

On the subject of cancer: my wife does a LiveStrong class which is for those in treatment or recovery of cancer and is designed to improve mental and physical health during or after the treatments(s). She also supervises the instructors at the other YMCA's in the region, so cancer is almost a daily topic in my house. I agree with many; there is more cancer, it is being detected better and there are better treatments. But it is still taking a lot of people.

Have a good day.
Old 10-18-2021, 08:44 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
Seems we have more than our fair share of Pancreatic Cancer in this area, we've lost two Ladies from our Sunday school class to it in recent years plus I know of several other cases in this area. Prostrate cancer is said to come to all men if they live long enough and I have several friends who are survivors, early detection is paramount. My Pulmonologist has me get regular X-rays as my lungs are bad enough as are.
Old 10-18-2021, 08:50 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflyguy View Post
"observe" the moon this morning. The 10x50 binocs were more than adequate

Don't say that in the space telescope thread, even in jest!

Surrounded by huge trees, I get a very limited view of the sky in my yard. "City in a forest"..
Same here but wasn't that way when we purchased many moons ago. The height of the pines and maples is too high, there oughta be a law!

4˚ above Farenheight freezing.

Oh, news flash! Motley crew member fell off the stage and broke some ribs.
I cracked a rib once... it only hurt when I breathed.
Old 10-18-2021, 09:15 AM
Carrij
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Morning. Itís a beautiful day here in south Florida. Last week we broke records almost every day with temperatures stuck in the 90ís and humid. Last night a cold front came through and this morning Iím sitting outside in dry air and a temperature of 69 degrees. Itís the first time since early May that it has gone below 70. Supposed to be up to 88 today and tomorrow then back to the 90ís again but you can feel the dry season beginning to kick in.

Going to take the wife out for breakfast then head over to the range. Got my buddies SR22 back from Ruger, was having a lot of fte, and they replaced the barrel. I, of course, had to remove his red dot before sending it back so now I need to sight it back in. When I picked it up at our LGS I brought a box of Blazers with me and had them run them through the gun. Slow, fast, double tap mix it up. Ran the 50 without a hiccup. Looks like Ruger found the issue and of course no charge.
Old 10-18-2021, 09:16 AM
eflyguy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'll take it (the trees) - with all the light pollution in the city, there's no sky to see anyway. Keeps the sun off the house for most of the day.

I do miss the open horizons that I grew up with in Africa. Our house was literally across the street from the primary school I had attended, so we had a clear view due to the playing fields, all the way to the Johannesburg city and airport dozens of miles away. Just like anywhere else, most houses had neighbors and not so much of a view. They built new structures and due to "issues" a wall, so that view is no more.

If I move again, it'll be to a place with open skies and clear views. Unfortunately hard to find within 30min of an airport that can take you pretty much anywhere in the world non-stop.

Made it down to 40.7ļ - won't get that low again for a long while now. Was enough to finish off the batteries while it started to get warmer, though, so I'll be changing those later.
Old 10-18-2021, 09:18 AM

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflyguy View Post
"City in a forest"..
Yep -- that is exactly my take on 'lanta. Visiting there I was always amazed at how late in the morning "daylight" actually broke, as in not able to see the sun or even serious shadows until the sun was well above the horizon.

On the upside it's very pleasant to have a view that isn't all rooftops and high-rises.
Old 10-18-2021, 09:24 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
A full hour till dawn, 49 degrees outside, no rain in the forecast

Having my first cuppa joe, contemplating what to do with the day...

We've a turkey to cook (49 cents/# - thank you Uncle Sugar) from a resupply run at Ft. Lewis.
You can still get good deals, if you look around.

Life in the PNW...

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol
Old 10-18-2021, 09:30 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
How does the bell sound COW?

RIP Colin Powell.
Old 10-18-2021, 09:36 AM
NoNewTricks
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
RIP Colin Powell.
Just heard that. 84 but gone too soon IMHO. RIP
Old 10-18-2021, 09:37 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
How does the bell sound COW?
Ya know, I don't know... I forgot to test it out, my bad!

Next time

Closed Thread