Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2021, 06:59 AM
e40
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Mornin'. Just not such a good one today. RIP Frank Eagles, condolences to the family and the community. They just keep leaving us...

59 and not so foggy this AM. Going to be warm, transition day tomorrow to real (?) fall.

Great day yesterday to get some corn in the bin. Another one today. Saturday is a big maybe.

Have a good day.
Old 10-15-2021, 08:15 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mup on the right side of the queen size cot @ 42˚F.
Old 10-15-2021, 08:31 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
Good Night Mr. Eagles. God Speed.

Friday Donuts are cancelled today, until next week. Have a hotdog instead.
Well said Don, Frank had said several times he was going to come over this way and we would go to a very well known Hot Dog haven (Zack's in Burlington) but somehow it never came off. Frank did great work in Food security in his area, hopefully others will continue it.

It's apparent that for his many years there he was "Mister Rolesville" an unabashed promoter of the city and its residents, his absence will be greatly felt.

Aztarget I know he'd be pleased at your continuing his Good Night post.
Old 10-15-2021, 08:35 AM
RichJ
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
RIP Mayor.....hope they have the best ginger ale for you

Rich
Old 10-15-2021, 09:09 AM
GreggieBoy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am sadden by the news of the Mayor's passing. He will be missed immensely.
Old 10-15-2021, 09:13 AM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
An hour and a half till the dawning, 53 degrees cloudy day (I think it is anyway).

Yesterday we played hooky and didn't leave the house, my bad...

Today we have to go in search of fall colors!

We MAY take a longer day of it tomorrow, freezer getting MT.
About time for a commissary run at Fort Lewis.

Life in the PNW

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_2418 he was coming right at me.JPG (53.3 KB, 88 views)

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol
Old 10-15-2021, 09:14 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
He was like the grampa I wish I had growing up. He was always checking up on me. Like you Gerald he was planning a trip to see me. so I went last night to the hotdog joint I was going to take him to. I really wish emotions were easier to control.

Sent from my 9029Z using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2021, 09:17 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Morning all! It appears that the weather is going to become more Fallish soon here in Middle Tennessee. A predicted high of 82° today and only up to 65° tomorrow. We shall be visiting with the in-laws tomorrow. Packing along the cameras and cornhole boards. Hopefully they have more Fall colors down their way. I had hoped to get some good pics next weekend at my family’s gathering, but they have decided to postpone that because of Kent and Cindy not being able to make it due to her recent stroke. She has started therapy to strengthen the affected areas. Hopefully she will have improved enough by Thanksgiving that we can gather together then. That would be very appropriate. Even in difficult times, there are always things we can be thankful for and we should not forget to do so.

I just looked out the living room window to see the trees blowing in the breeze and leaves falling. I love this time of year!!!

God’s blessings on our RFC friends this day.

Brent
Old 10-15-2021, 09:24 AM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 10-15-2021, 11:20 AM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Patton once said "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God such men lived."

As I've mentioned before, after any loss Dad would remind me "give flowers to the living. The dead don't need them." Rough translation but the meaning is "don't wait for someone to die before you try to show your appreciation for sharing their life with you by heaping flowers on their grave. Instead, let them know while they are living that you appreciate having them in your life."

The other thing he would remind me of is that "life is for the living." Two meanings there but the thrust is that we who live should live.... should go on with and enjoy the gift of life instead of a) wallowing around in grief or b) sit around waiting to die.

Make of that what you will but IMO it's okay to share our joy at the accomplishments of the people we hold dear in spite of the bad news that comes to us.
Old 10-15-2021, 11:52 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (44)
I’ll remember the Rebel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14704BC3-E46C-4F34-80DF-171C3145EC3C.jpg (527.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 10-15-2021, 12:08 PM
dlong

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sorry to hear about HDF. I had a bad feeling all along after talking to my daughter who is a nurse at Sloan Kettering. Gonna miss the model train stories. I also believe HDF just put an addition on his house not too long ago. Feel bad for his wife as I think she put up about 3 Christmas trees all over the house.

RIP HDF.
......Tom Petty
Old 10-15-2021, 12:35 PM
jnyork
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (27)
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Patton once said "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God such men lived."

As I've mentioned before, after any loss Dad would remind me "give flowers to the living. The dead don't need them." Rough translation but the meaning is "don't wait for someone to die before you try to show your appreciation for sharing their life with you by heaping flowers on their grave. Instead, let them know while they are living that you appreciate having them in your life."

The other thing he would remind me of is that "life is for the living." Two meanings there but the thrust is that we who live should live.... should go on with and enjoy the gift of life instead of a) wallowing around in grief or b) sit around waiting to die.

Make of that what you will but IMO it's okay to share our joy at the accomplishments of the people we hold dear in spite of the bad news that comes to us.

Very well said and has been my philosophy for my entire life. I have been to funerals that must have cost as much as a new car and wondered "why? " , you relatives could have used that money to send your loved one on a cruise around the world.
Old 10-15-2021, 12:46 PM
Wayne Sihler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just returned from having new tires put on the little Jeep. This will probably be the last work I have done at my buddies shop.
He sold it.Was on the market 5 days.Price was 1.3>.5 mil.

Early this year he fell from a ladder on the alignment machine,a good 6ft or more to the floor.Stroke,or slip .he doesnt remember.Them memory problems started to appear, small at first then more noticeable . All kinds of scans & tests,physical & mental have been preformed.I do not know the name of the ailment .but it is a fast acting one.They have already started selling off unnecessary stuff,both Corvetts were sold.This weekend ,more stuff will go.Went to grade school with him. We were best men at each others weddings,our wives worked together at one time.

It will be a big change for both of us,and many others.
Old 10-15-2021, 12:56 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This place was getting sad so i made a memorial thread.
Closed Thread