Suggestions for see-through scope mounts for a Brno 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-08-2021, 12:48 AM
plinioga

Join Date: 
Oct 2021
Posts: 
7
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)


Log in to see fewer ads
Hello! This is my first post and I'm very excited to be part of a great place like this!

I have recently found a beautiful Brno 2E (year 87) in great condition and have mounted a 3-9x40 Bushnell Trophy Wide Angle on it. A really nice scope (made in Japan in the 70's) <img src="https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Smilie" class="inlineimg" />

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tAO...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S4Y...ew?usp=sharing

Regretfully, the scope mounts are low and I had to remove the rear iron sight to allow the scope to fit. <img src="https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/images/smilies/frown.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Frown" class="inlineimg" />

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K2R...ew?usp=sharing

Now, I would want to find some high-profile see-through mounts so I can have the rear sight installed and use the open sights for short range shooting while still having the scope mounted. The thing is, I've tried many and none of them had a wide-enough opening to allow a clear picture of the rear sight. <img src="https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Confused" class="inlineimg" />

Did someone successfully try this? Could you recommend a mounting kit for that purpose?

Thanks a lot in advance for your comments and ideas! <img src="https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/images/smilies/sthumb.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Blue Thumb" class="inlineimg" />

Best regards,

Plinio

Last edited by plinioga; 10-08-2021 at 01:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-08-2021, 01:56 PM
j.r. guerra in s. texas is online now

Join Date: 
Dec 2003
Location: 
deep south Texas
Posts: 
13,126
TPC Rating: 
100% (44)
This system worked for a CZ 452 but have no idea if they would clamp on an original Brno. Manufactured by Weaver years ago. Just enough bolt clearance and scope bell from rear sight.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Weaver-1-...minum/16879805
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-08-2021, 03:10 PM
plinioga

Join Date: 
Oct 2021
Posts: 
7
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
11mm rail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.r. guerra in s. texas View Post
This system worked for a CZ 452 but have no idea if they would clamp on an original Brno. Manufactured by Weaver years ago. Just enough bolt clearance and scope bell from rear sight.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Weaver-1-...minum/16879805
Thank you very much JR for the link! It looks exactly what I need, but I’m not sure if the 452 has a 11mm rail and the site has no info about it (it says Weaver…), could you please confirm that your rail is 11mm wide? Thanks!

Regards,
Plinio
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 10-08-2021, 03:39 PM
nevadany's Avatar
nevadany
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2006
Location: 
Ballston Spa, NY
Posts: 
3,566
TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
First, figure out what rail size you have, and go from there.

My advice is to skip the see through ring idea and find a set of quick release (or easy to release) rings that will accommodate your scope ocular, without having to remove the rear sight ramp.

DW
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-08-2021, 03:44 PM
plinioga

Join Date: 
Oct 2021
Posts: 
7
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes, good alternative

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevadany View Post
First, figure out what rail size you have, and go from there.

My advice is to skip the see through ring idea and find a set of quick release (or easy to release) rings that will accommodate your scope ocular, without having to remove the rear sight ramp.

DW
Hi, Nevadany, many thanks for your suggestion. That was my second option indeed.

In regard to the rail size, I know my Brno 2E is 11mm wide, not sure about the CZ 542, thus I asked JR to confirm that.

Regards,
Plinio
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-08-2021, 06:43 PM
BobCole
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2012
Location: 
Benton, TN
Posts: 
565
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
With the exception of the American model (3/8"), I have been told all CZ rimfires are 11mm in ring size.

My opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it.................
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-08-2021, 07:05 PM
briggleman's Avatar
briggleman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2016
Location: 
WV
Posts: 
310
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
These Leopold Rifleman see-thru rings have been working great for me on all of my CZ 452 and 455's. They should work. They say 3/8" but being split rings allows them to work well on 11mm.

PLUS, you get a FULL SIGHT PICTURE, nothing running across the top of the receiver.


Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-08-2021, 09:03 PM
plinioga

Join Date: 
Oct 2021
Posts: 
7
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by briggleman View Post
These Leopold Rifleman see-thru rings have been working great for me on all of my CZ 452 and 455's. They should work. They say 3/8" but being split rings allows them to work well on 11mm.

PLUS, you get a FULL SIGHT PICTURE, nothing running across the top of the receiver.


They look pretty amazing! Thanks a lot Briggellman for the suggestion!

Regards,
Plinio
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-08-2021, 09:07 PM
plinioga

Join Date: 
Oct 2021
Posts: 
7
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCole View Post
With the exception of the American model (3/8"), I have been told all CZ rimfires are 11mm in ring size.

My opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it.................

BobCole, your opinion is very valuable then! Here in my country these rifles are very appreciated and their price is three or four times the prices in the USA!!!

Thank you for your post!

Regards,
Plinio
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-10-2021, 07:31 PM
BobCole
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2012
Location: 
Benton, TN
Posts: 
565
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by plinioga View Post
Here in my country these rifles are very appreciated and their price is three or four times the prices in the USA!!!

Holy cow, that's expensive!

May I ask what country you're in?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-11-2021, 05:22 AM
j.r. guerra in s. texas is online now

Join Date: 
Dec 2003
Location: 
deep south Texas
Posts: 
13,126
TPC Rating: 
100% (44)
Quote:
Originally Posted by plinioga View Post
Thank you very much JR for the link! It looks exactly what I need, but I’m not sure if the 452 has a 11mm rail and the site has no info about it (it says Weaver…), could you please confirm that your rail is 11mm wide? Thanks! Regards, Plinio
I'm sorry - I completely forgot about this question.

As far as I know, all CZ 452s have the 11mm rail width, with the exception of the American which had the standard 3/8" common on American manufactured rifles. And (I think) the .17 CZ 452 Varmint, but am not positive on that.

The iron sight picture allows use with CZ irons to about 150 yards, after which the top of window begins to collide with base above.

Good luck with your search.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-11-2021, 08:15 AM
Toomany22s's Avatar
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Sep 2017
Location: 
Hoosierville
Posts: 
9,006
TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Chart
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C6CD4BC1-91EA-4D01-A774-822A58118F2A.jpeg (97.5 KB, 21 views)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-11-2021, 11:10 AM
plinioga

Join Date: 
Oct 2021
Posts: 
7
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.r. guerra in s. texas View Post
I'm sorry - I completely forgot about this question.

As far as I know, all CZ 452s have the 11mm rail width, with the exception of the American which had the standard 3/8" common on American manufactured rifles. And (I think) the .17 CZ 452 Varmint, but am not positive on that.

The iron sight picture allows use with CZ irons to about 150 yards, after which the top of window begins to collide with base above.

Good luck with your search.
Great info! Thank you!
Plinio
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-11-2021, 11:11 AM
plinioga

Join Date: 
Oct 2021
Posts: 
7
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Chart
Very useful information! Thanks a lot!
Plinio
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x