Early BRNO model 5 - Page 8 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-28-2020, 03:09 PM
EdinMd

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I have a model 5 made in 57, #00754. The metal is about 70% and the stock is poor. It must have lived a hard life until I bought it 20 some years ago. IIRC I paid ~$70 for it but I had to replace the sear to get it shooting. It had been imported by Navy Arms.

Anyone making repro stocks for the model 5?
Old 01-28-2020, 04:39 PM
nevadany
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinMd View Post
Anyone making repro stocks for the model 5?
As a matter of fact, yes... gunville in NC has my original 1957 M5 stock that they can dulpicate.

DW
Old 01-28-2020, 04:40 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Replacement Stock

Gunville makes one for the Model 1 that might work - check with them. Also US Gunstocks has a Model 2 stock on Ebay - it should work if you inlet the sight boss on the barrel of the Model 5. The CZUSA store also has some replacement stocks - they could advise which might meet your needs.
Old 01-28-2020, 06:47 PM
Bullet Bob
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
BRNO must have been kicking them out in 1957, relatively speaking; the serial number on mine is 812. It allegedly came from one's confiscated in Israel. The dealer had 5 of them, I picked the one with the best looking action internally. They were all a little rough on the outside. I had mine reblued for some light rust issues by an person who had an ad in Shotgun News (pre-internet ).

What a wonderful gun, one of my very favorites in any caliber. The stocks had a hard life, that bothers me not at all. I was lucky enought to find the correct sized Conetrol bases and rings at a gunshow. I really should start going to those again.

Old 01-29-2020, 10:34 AM
EdinMd

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks guys!
I've sent an email to Gunville
Old 01-29-2020, 11:10 AM
nevadany

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Bob View Post
BRNO must have been kicking them out in 1957, relatively speaking; the serial number on mine is 812. It allegedly came from one's confiscated in Israel. The dealer had 5 of them, I picked the one with the best looking action internally. They were all a little rough on the outside. I had mine reblued for some light rust issues by an person who had an ad in Shotgun News (pre-internet ).

What a wonderful gun, one of my very favorites in any caliber. The stocks had a hard life, that bothers me not at all. I was lucky enought to find the correct sized Conetrol bases and rings at a gunshow. I really should start going to those again.

You've posted that pic before...I love it! My M5 was/is in similar condition. I've thought about having it re-blued, but the price I got was a little high, so I put it off for now. I did have gunville duplicate and keep my original, which was rougher than yours, but solid.

DW
Old 09-30-2021, 08:38 PM
JEE

TPC Rating: 
100% (67)
Blast from the not so distance past...

The pic links had expired... updated post #3.