More Crosman CO2 Pistols at the Range - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-16-2018, 08:14 PM
IHMSA80x80
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
More Crosman CO2 Pistols at the Range

Range Report

Our Open Range day had good weather...85, sunny, light winds and a bit on the humid side. I wanted to check out a few CO2 pistols that haven't been shot for many years to see if the seals were still good and also to get them sighted in at 25 yards. They had only been shot in my 10-meter basement range.

I have several Crosman MK I and MK II pistols. They have always been my favorite since I purchased my first one, new in 1967. The first one today was this Crosman MKII in .177.

The picture is kind of washed out, as the RB Maple grips actually have more brown color and character in them. Not shot since 2005, the seals were fine and I got it zeroed at 25 yards. Windage was perfect from the start. Shot about 35 pellets of various flavors.

The next one was another MK II, purchased in 2005. It didn't hold air, as noted in the Gunbroker ad, so I got it very cheap. New seals including return shipping cost me $21.

This one is all factory and, again, after many years of non-use since I got it, the seals were perfect...no gas leakage. I only shot the H&N Match pellets this time. About 40 shots later, it was time for another gun.

The last pistol was a MAC 1 LD, a custom built Crosman MKI in .22.

Looks a lot like my Ruger MKII

It has a rebuilt valve system, a Lothar Walther 13" barrel, a Bushnell 4-12X scope and two 3.5 oz bulk CO2 tanks, each giving about 250 shots. Power is substantially more than the standard Crosman MKI and it will group around a 3/4 inch or less at 50 yards. Both my bulk tanks are empty, but the gun will run on the standard Powerlet, only you won't get more than 15-20 good shots out of it.

I put several good drops of Pellgun Oil on the seals on both ends and loaded a Powerlet. Wouldn't hold the charge, so I tried more oil and another Powerlet...still leaked all the gas out, so I put it away. Later, after shooting other guns, I decided to try it one more time...more oil and this time it held the gas. The oil had soaked into the seals. With the few shots I had, it was easy picking off any small clay parts at 25 yards, using old Eley Wasp pellets.

It was a good day at the range, more airgun shooting to come. Now I have to get the bulk tanks refilled.

≡✪≡
Old 08-17-2018, 06:45 AM
bunnytoo
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pretty cool stuff, I have an old Benjamin pump pistol from the fifties.

Fun little toy but not of the caliber you have.
Old 08-17-2018, 04:25 PM
IHMSA80x80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Those were good old pistols.

≡✪≡
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2018, 10:39 PM
6PtStar
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just missed a Mark II about 6 months ago. Still looking! While I am looking I have a lot of fun shooting the Crosman 2240. Have a friend that has 2 of the Mark Pistols but he won’t part with them but did say he would help me reseal one if I found one that would not hold Air.

Last edited by 6PtStar; 05-28-2019 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:56 PM
IHMSA80x80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
That's a neat little 2240!

≡✪≡
Old 08-29-2018, 01:45 PM
6PtStar

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I finally found a Mark 1 and bought it. Been sitting up so may need to be resealed. Should have it in a week, being shipped Friday. See if it shoots as good as the 2240.
Old 08-29-2018, 03:36 PM
IHMSA80x80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I had a MKI that was not used for a few years. Put 6 drops of Pellgun oil in the grip bottom (when turned upside down), a drop on the tip of the CO2 cartridge and a couple on the grip cap seal, then pierced the cap...all the gas leaked out. Repeated the process, and again, all the gas leaked out.

I put the gun away for an hour or so, then tried that same procedure again. After piercing the cap, as the gas started to leak out again, I re-cocked the gun and pulled the trigger...the gas leak stopped and it works fine now. Dry seals.

I'm not telling you to do this, as I am not a Crosman Service person, but it did save me a trip to get new seals. You'll have to decide if it is worth trying.

≡✪≡
Old 08-30-2018, 01:00 PM
6PtStar

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sounds like the exhaust valve seal. I understand that is one of the biggest problems with the Crosman Mark Pistols and not included in most of the reseal kits. Also the hardest to fix, has to be pressed in and out without bending the stem. Got my fingers crossed, will see when it gets here. The guy I bought it from had no idea whether it worked or not. Took a chance.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:34 PM
IHMSA80x80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Hope it works out for you. Those are neat pistols.

≡✪≡
Old 08-31-2018, 11:25 PM
6PtStar

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yea, it came in today. So far looks like I might get lucky, it is holding pressure. I was sure it would not given the age and the fact that it has been sitting up for a while. Maybe I can get it to the range tomorrow.

Last edited by 6PtStar; 08-31-2018 at 11:28 PM.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:34 AM
IHMSA80x80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Nice! You got one of the earlier ones.

The weather prevented me from taking mine back out to the range this week, but it will go there Tuesday.

≡✪≡
Old 09-07-2018, 06:49 PM
wolfspotter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6PtStar View Post
Yea, it came in today. So far looks like I might get lucky, it is holding pressure. I was sure it would not given the age and the fact that it has been sitting up for a while. Maybe I can get it to the range tomorrow.

Have an early MKI just like this. Shoots as well as my 1965 Ruger Standard.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:54 PM
6PtStar

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wolfspotter, has yours ever been resealed? The second CO2 cartridge I put in mine started leaking around the piercing pin. Took it apart and the O ring was cracked. I found that the bolt O ring for my 2240 would fit so it is back up and running but I am concerned about the other seals. I ordered a set of seals in case I have to reseal the whole thing but the Exaust seal did not come with it. I found a guy that will rebuild the Exaust seal if it goes out.