Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:28 PM
2fewdaysafield
National Guard

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)

Tgd....

Excellent points have been made above.

Let me try to offer a slightly different perspective.....

We all know HRA is a business. And they are in business to make money. Nothing more nothing less. They are not a "not-for-profit". They are not a charity. They are a business.

Could they make every gun "perfect"? I don't doubt they could. But there would still be complaints. Every HRA rifle passes through a lot of hands before it is bought by a retail customer. Its shipped to a distributor, thence to a retailer. From there it is either put on a shelf or shipped to an FFL after being sold on the net. So you can see even if every HRA left the factory "perfect", imperfect ones would still get into customer's hands just from all the moving about.

So HRA would still have to have a customer service department. And that costs money. The costs of a company's customer service department is built into every product they sell.

So even if HRA spent the extra money to make every rifle "perfect", they would still have to maintain a customer service department. And that cost, along with the additional cost of making every rifle "perfect" would be built into the cost of each and every rifle.

I'm sure you can see this would SUBSTANTIALLY increase the cost of each and every Henry rifle.

I'm sure HRA could make rifles as good as Rolls Royce makes cars.

But who would buy them? Not many.

So rather than make the "Rolls Royce of Rifles", HRA makes excellent rifles that most anyone can afford and when someone gets a "bad" one....either because HRA made a less than perfect one or because a perfect one got messed up somewhere between HRA and the end user, HRA corrects the problem.....USUALLY FASTER AND WITH LESS HASSLE FOR THE CUSTOMER THAN MOST ANY OTHER MANUFACTURER OF REASONABLY PRICED GUNS I KNOW OF. (Caps meant for emphasis, not shouting).

I understand your concern about the fact that so many people talk about how great HRA's customer service is. In a way, it does make it seem like they have a higher incidence of "problem guns" than other manufacturers.

But try to look at it from this perspective......HRA's reputation for customer service is SO good that many people who with another brand would let small problems slide when it comes to a Henry go ahead and do something about it.

WHY? Because they know HRA will go out of their way to fix even the slightest problem AND do it quickly and with the least possible inconvenience to the customer.

It doesn't matter what product you buy....from the cheapest Chinese junk to the finest brand in the world. Any of them can have a problem.

The difference between the good companies and the bad ones is how easy they make it for you to correct things if you get a product that you are not satisfied with.

By that standard, HRA is probably one of the best companies in the gun business today.

Buy that Henry. You won't be disappointed.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:48 PM
2fewdaysafield
National Guard

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray Horne View Post
The best thing is: All problems are addressed, all of them. Tha is a most POSITIVE thing. I would buy another one just because of the ownership.
My compliments Mr. Horne.....You're exactly right! Being a great company when everything is perfect is easy. The real test of a company's character is what they do when things don't go right.

And by that standard HRA is a top notch company.

I salute you Sir.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Ray Horne

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fewdaysafield View Post
My compliments Mr. Horne.....You're exactly right! Being a great company when everything is perfect is easy. The real test of a company's character is what they do when things don't go right.

And by that standard HRA is a top notch company.

I salute you Sir.
Out of appreciation, I am sending Mr. Imperato a small gift from Texas (something he can't get in the N.E.) I hope he enjoys it. He is a 1st Class Gentleman.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:20 PM
2fewdaysafield
National Guard

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I thank you for that! Mr. Imperato sets a standard that all companies should try to live up to. But while he may view what he does as "his job" I think its important that from time to time we all thank him for doing his job so well.

Even if you never buy another Henry, I compliment you for the outlook you have taken. Many people, once they take a stand, are unwilling to give an inch. You've certainly shown yourself a fair man.

But BTW.....If you shoot any center fire, you might consider a Henry Big Boy in .357. If they were any more fun, they would probably be illegal!
Old 04-29-2010, 03:44 AM
vetsvette
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fewdaysafield View Post
I don't believe I have seen the personalized H004. Care to share a pic?

I wish I would hurry up and win the lottery so I could buy a H006MDD!
http://www.henryrepeating.com/personalizedgb.cfm
Old 05-09-2010, 07:35 PM
isuzu

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray Horne View Post
The shipping box was not damaged at all. The rifle will not fire.
Please correct me if I'm wrong. But does Henry test fire their rifles before shipping them out?