Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:08 PM
isuzu

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Adjusting Windage on the H001

The first time I brought my Henry H001 out, I wasn't able to zero it. The wind was too strong, and I just fired around 30 rounds for the heck of it.

What I would like to know is what part of the rear sight do you place the punch in order to move the rear sight left or right?

I would appreciate your suggestions and pictures.

Last edited by isuzu; 09-23-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:08 PM
livefreeordie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Drifting the sight

The punch goes on the side of the dove tail male piece of the sight that is fits into the dove tail female slot in the barrel. Don't bang on the tang that holds the sight blade. The sight does not rotate it slides left or right in the barrel dove tail slot when you hit the punch. You need to have a slight flat spot on the end of your brass punch and have the rifle in a gun vice if possible, if not put the gun on some towels on the table or work bench and have someone hold it steady. It's easy to mark up your barrel or stock if that punch slips. Start with light taps and move up to harder whacks gradualy if needed. You can mark the barrel with a pencil at the front pointed end of the tang to check on how much you have moved the sight. It does not take much to move your point of impact. Move the sight to the right to move the point of impact to the right.

Good Luck
Old 09-29-2009, 10:47 PM
isuzu

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks so much for the instructions. I hope I could get a good zero the next time I bring the rifle to the range.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2009, 11:43 PM
vetsvette
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Always try to zero your sights on a relatively calm day. This goes for scopes as well as iron sights.