TPC Rating: 
100% (23)

Looks like a fun place to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVyRt-fIDLY

Old 10-14-2021, 12:53 AM
Phil in Alabama

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I am almost afraid to post this as cat posts seem to bring out too many haters.

I've lost another one. Miss Snowball, the other beautiful little snowshoe with the blue eyes died. She acted like she didn't feel well and had wanted to sleep by me the last few days, where it's nice and warm, and sit in my lap by the computer. She often liked to get into the cabinet in the utility room, I called it the Snowy hideout. Come time to fill up the cat bowls and I didn't see her. I called several times, no response, so I checked the most likely place and there she was, barely breathing. I picked her up and tried to get her to swallow a couple of syringes of water, but she died in my arms.

My life is pretty miserable and these little critters are the touch of love and happiness that keeps me hanging on. If it weren't for them I'd have long ago found a short rope and a tall tree. It's pretty shattering to lose one like this. Burying her in the morning beside her brother Mr. Cocoa that she loved so much.
Old 10-14-2021, 02:23 AM
Phil in Alabama

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I went ahead and buried her tonight. I couldn't stand looking at the box with her little body in it.
Old 10-14-2021, 02:53 AM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Interesting day; started out under weasel threats of rain, didn't get any, but had my head buried in the 'books' doin' some accounting and writing some cheques, so it really didn't matter. Head for the club to shoot. Radar is showing some tunder dorm activity, but it's localized and the big front isn't here yet. Almost make it to the club, only to drive into a solid wall of water! Well, phooey, drove on in anyway and found it was a rather shallow bit of solid action & it quit about as abruptly as it had begun by the time I was at the clubhouse. We got to shoot! Light quality stunk, w/a low ceiling & blue-grey to black clouds that were anything but still and lots of wind from whot you'd just have to call stormy and it was certainly that. Shot a 21 first box & followed it up w/a 20, so 82% and 'covered' both boxes. There were only four of us squids shooting, the other two having pre-shot. Turnout for shooting was skinny because of the weather & the shooting was almost cancelled because of it. The squad we were matched with was also minus two of their shooters and we had no more than finished before another strong rain storm materialized. Time we had partaken of Chef Luca's lasagna [it was excellent!], the rain had moved out, so got to drive home on wet freeway most of the way back in light well behaved traffic at sensible speeds. It was dry at the house, but that didn't last long w/us getting clobbered by monsoon type rains that according to the radar are just about to leave the area now and have dropped 1.65" so far, according the weasels w/gauges, but we may have gotten a bit closer to 2" here. It was really intense for some time, but only lightly coming down now.

Received a cheque for winning my class in last weekend's sporty clays tournament. More of an ego boost than a lotto win, but a win is a win is a win. Shot some light 7/8's oz reloads of hard new 9's yesterday at those skeet doubles and was happy w/the target breaks. Knew some big dog's years back that were of the opinion that in high humidity, 8's were the ticket for skeet, because the targets soaked up some of the moisture and became harder to break. I dunno, since I don't play the game well enough to judge that type of nuance, but once folks get into that wives' tale mode, they tend to stay there. Heck, I've seen some that had to have the shell oriented 'just so' before closing their guns! Can only imagine their distraction, had they been shooting a semi-automatic.

I was happy enough w/my scores and just glad we got to shoot, not worrying about the shot size nor the shell's orientation or whot was biting me or wondering how long it takes a moth to dry out. Some of the targets were really hard to see well against the woods in the background and the winds were moving them around, same as happens in the field when dove shooting. They were as close as I've come to shooting any dove shooting, this season. But, Hey(!), I'm still here.. and I managed to hit a few of them.
--

Glad the Capt. had a ticket to ride!

Day Tripper.
--

On bows & arrows, over there, yes. Our world has never lacked for lunatics.
--

Sorry for the loss of your small friend, Phil.

Here, everything is so fleeting.. and yet, from our perspective we have the ability to view things as taking forever or not long enough.

Last edited by wookness; 10-14-2021 at 03:15 AM.
Old 10-14-2021, 02:55 AM
TwoFast4Me

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil in Alabama View Post
I went ahead and buried her tonight. I couldn't stand looking at the box with her little body in it.
you lost a good friend, so have I, it was a year ago I lost my litte Pomeranian. So much love and trust and personality in a little fur ball. So sorry for your loss, i can tell she enriched your life in so many ways...
Old 10-14-2021, 04:18 AM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Morning.

I was up at 4am. I went to bed early last night as the previous night was ruined by a headache that wouldn't respond to aspirin. I'm feeling pretty good right now, even though I got the flu shot yesterday at work.

Sorry about you losing your kittie Phil. Leaves a big hole in your being for a while.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.

Last edited by Szumi; 10-14-2021 at 05:47 AM.
Old 10-14-2021, 06:22 AM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good Morning RFC'rs, et al:

Toil today, again.

Poptarts and java right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
Best bet for the camping in that area is to check with the National Forest Service who can share with you what's available and time of year wise. That portion of Hwy 41 is well traveled as Yosemite is a major destination point both nationally and internationally. Might wanna check the average weather per say for those communities listed between Yosemite and however far south you will travel on Hwy 41. Fresno is the major city where folks will fly to when wanting to visit Yosemite and drive to via Hwy 41. The south entrance to Yosemite is not quite two hours from Fresno pendong the weather and traffic conditions. From the south entrance to Yosemite Valley is about another forty-five minutes. If any traveled portion of State Highway has been snowed upon in measurable qautities, vehicles are subjected to chain control ie carry chains. Keep on mind the Sierra Navada Mountains are relative young so will be relative steep in elevation changes with few flat spots in between. Very beautify landscape with bunches of oaks beginning at the valley floor and evergreens beginning around 2000'
I've got the number to the local ranger district, and both call, and order FS Road maps.

Thank you for the info. I plan on ordering tire chains, as already discussed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Did anyone else see the article about the bow and arrow attack in Norway?

Sent from my 9029Z using Tapatalk
We need to ban sticks and string.

Quote:
I am almost afraid to post this as cat posts seem to bring out too many haters.

I've lost another one. Miss Snowball, the other beautiful little snowshoe with the blue eyes died. She acted like she didn't feel well and had wanted to sleep by me the last few days, where it's nice and warm, and sit in my lap by the computer. She often liked to get into the cabinet in the utility room, I called it the Snowy hideout. Come time to fill up the cat bowls and I didn't see her. I called several times, no response, so I checked the most likely place and there she was, barely breathing. I picked her up and tried to get her to swallow a couple of syringes of water, but she died in my arms.

My life is pretty miserable and these little critters are the touch of love and happiness that keeps me hanging on. If it weren't for them I'd have long ago found a short rope and a tall tree. It's pretty shattering to lose one like this. Burying her in the morning beside her brother Mr. Cocoa that she loved so much.
Sorry about the loss of the cat, Phil. When Sheba passed, I was heartbroken. I still geaux out to her grave and talk to her.

Y'all be gud.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 10-14-2021, 06:51 AM
e40
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Mornin',

Sorry to hear of your cat's passing, Phil. Time will heal.

FOGGY this AM. Sun and warm temps eventually.

New .22 rifle order confirmed and deposit made. Now we wait. Which is fine. Give me time to settle on a scope and actually find it and maybe find a deal to save a few bucks.

Leaving work early today to hunt down a PTO drive repair then cut some more corn. Need extra time to dry from the damp start.

John Deere workers on strike in the middle of harvest season. As if supply issues aren't bad enough. Add about $200k to those million dollar combines to pay for their requests in pay, health and retirement. I had the opportunity to crawl all over a demo Fendt Class 8 combine last year. How big is it? The guy standing by the back wheel is 6'2"-6'3". It holds 300 gallons of diesel. They had a 35-40 foot bean head and a 12 row corn head with it. The salesman said the whole combo could be had around $600-700k when that combo for JD would exceed a million easily. Fendt is a German company. How all this shakes out is anybody's guess and don't get me wrong, I am a JD fan. But their stuff is already expensive and ain't going to get any cheaper.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2755 1.jpg (336.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 10-14-2021, 07:49 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
Found a S&W Governor for my nephew and a Benelli SBE3 in 20ga. for his daughter yesterday, they'd been unable to locate either one in their area and I found both in about an hour here. LOL

Off to the range shortly to further indoctrinate my young friend who is a Criminal Justice Major, his mom gave him a Sig 365 for his birthday and he bought a Keltec Sub 2000 from me a while back and his dad gave him a case of 9mm. Good times, the CZ Scorpion and Beretta 92A3 with appropriate NFA items will accompany us.
Old 10-14-2021, 07:51 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by e40 View Post
The salesman said the whole combo could be had around $600-700k when that combo for JD would exceed a million easily. Fendt is a German company. How all this shakes out is anybody's guess and don't get me wrong, I am a JD fan. But their stuff is already expensive and ain't going to get any cheaper.
Dunno diddly about your end of corn but I'm with Gunfrued towards German stuff on this one.

Sorry Phil.

Hope it doesn't get too windy so we'll have a few colors left to light our way to the shack today. Too early to set out poison baits for the always present mini vermins. The Finn Meddler wouldn't let me prune the shack burning bushes this summer hence too big to surround with wabbit fencing w/o buying more. Nerp, diddle that idea toots, its on you if any vermins eat em up.

Coffee's hot and Wook the game winner is buyin!

60˚ on the button
Old 10-14-2021, 08:31 AM
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
47F out and cloudy. Too dark to see or I'd verify that.

We're soon to be in search of fall colors, getting better by the day...

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol
Old 10-14-2021, 08:56 AM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Officially, we have received another .14 points of rain since my last post. Only a 20% chance of residual activity from this storm system today, as its mostly moved on, dragging an overcast behind it.

Coffee is a blend of 100% Colombian and Community w/chicory. Its smooth, dark chocolate in colour and refreshingly mellow, for anyone who cares for a cup.

67, RH 93%, wind E x SE 10~15 will switch to SW during the morning, so they say. High of 82 today, but generally cooling over the next few ,w/plenty of sunshine on the way.

Sounds like fun, the planned range time, Gerald! Great that you can take advantage ofvit. Pray the good health continues for you.

Hope that you knock it out of the ballpark on tomorrow's finals, Rock! Also great, reading of your success to date and that of your medical team.

Time for another cup o' joe. Will take the bride to Kroger's for our third jab of Pfizer once she awakes & gets some coffee in her system. She was very busy all day yesterday doing stuff around the place, inclusive of werkin' on her cactus bed, as I calls it.

I has the wheeled trash bin to the street, loaded to the gills looking like a duck that gorged itself in a peanut field and can't close its mouf around the last peanut snarfed. Ducks can fly just fine w/lumps in their throats and their mouf held open, btw. I've taken a few that hit the ground still holding that last peanut firmly w/their bill when there wasn't quite room to swallow it. Eating on the run, as it were.

Bride just came to. Need to get moving, plenty to do. Enjoy your coffee, its on the house!

Old 10-14-2021, 09:38 AM
OldDave
US Marines

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by e40 View Post

Leaving work early today to hunt down a PTO drive repair then cut some more corn. Need extra time to dry from the damp start.

John Deere workers on strike in the middle of harvest season. As if supply issues aren't bad enough. Add about $200k to those million dollar combines to pay for their requests in pay, health and retirement. I had the opportunity to crawl all over a demo Fendt Class 8 combine last year. How big is it? The guy standing by the back wheel is 6'2"-6'3". It holds 300 gallons of diesel. They had a 35-40 foot bean head and a 12 row corn head with it. The salesman said the whole combo could be had around $600-700k when that combo for JD would exceed a million easily. Fendt is a German company. How all this shakes out is anybody's guess and don't get me wrong, I am a JD fan. But their stuff is already expensive and ain't going to get any cheaper.
I worked for John Deere 1975-80. During that time we were on strike twice as contract time was every two years at the Waterloo Tractor works. The UAW always used that plant as the target plant because it always was more profitable than Caterpiller and International Harvester. Cat and IH kept working and received the same contract we did but did not have to strike.

The first strike was short and we went back to work happy. The second strike was 5 and 1/2 months long. John Deere locked us out. This was because the tax credit given to farmers for new equipment was taken away. Demand for new tractors dropped sharply. We had hundreds of tractors parked around the plant and elsewhere. They had also greatly increased their spare parts inventory in preparation. It was to their advantage to shut down production.

Things started to get ugly when Deere hired a big Chicago law firm to try and break the Union. They put commercials on TV explaining how weak the Union was. Big mistake on their part. As show of solidarity the Union president called for everyone to come to work. The first car parked in front of the locked gate with thousands behind. No one went in or out of the plant that day. Management had cameras on the roof filming. This worked great until dark when somehow boolits were getting close to the cameras.

After the excess inventory was dissolved they let us come back to work. It was reported Deere wanted a six year labor contract this time. I can see why 90% of the workers voted to strike. I don't think a six year contract is going to fly. I'm sure there are many more issues here. I hope this is resolved soon.
Old 10-14-2021, 11:46 AM
Phil in Alabama

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Ran out to Hanceville and paid my water bill before it became late. The minimum charge went up, like everything else. I now have enough money left to my name to buy a loaf of bread. If I get store brand. At least I have water. Not bathing and flushing the toilet could get ugly in a hurry. Me and the felines needs drinking water too. Plus laundry and dishwashing and cooking. Water supply is as important as the electrical!
Old 10-14-2021, 12:07 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Ran out to Hanceville and paid my water bill before it became late. The minimum charge went up, like everything else. I now have enough money left to my name to buy a loaf of bread. If I get store brand. At least I have water. Not bathing and flushing the toilet could get ugly in a hurry. Me and the felines needs drinking water too. Plus laundry and dishwashing and cooking. Water supply is as important as the electrical!
Thanks!! That reminds me ...

Closed Thread