Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-15-2021, 07:57 PM
Buck720
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)

I got a call from Henry today they are sending me a new gun!
Old 09-15-2021, 08:29 PM
heli_av8tor

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm looking forward to hearing how the new one shoots.

I haven't shot mine much but wasn't impressed with the groups when I did. I'm not sure if it was the rifle or my old eyes. I should do some more serious testing.
Old 09-18-2021, 05:59 PM
airshot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Have had my H001 for a few years now but have only shot it at 25 yds on paper. Decided to see how well it actually did at 50 yds. Used some Blazer ammo that has performed well in my rimfires. When doing my part correctly my groups wete just a little over an inch mabey an 1 1/4" but I can blame some of that on ammo. Rimfire is something you never know especially the newer stuff. Thank heaven I have a decent supply of ammo from a number of years back when the quality was much better!! Moved back to 25 yds and found sub one inch groups even a couple 3/4" 5 shot groups. Never owned a high price match rimfire but have owned many bolt action rimfire rifles and this Henry outperforms them all. The lever is so much more fun to shoot than the bolt action guns, guess it brings back the cowboy days of being a kid again!!!
Old 09-27-2021, 07:40 PM
Buck720

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I got my gun back today, I’m hitting a squirrels head target 9 out of 10 shots with a scope at 50 yards! So I would say the new gun is a major improvement, but the only thing I can’t figure out is why it shoots so high with open sights. It might be the way I shoot but I can’t lower rear sight anymore. Any ideas on correcting that would be appreciated. I am very happy with what I am able to do with it being scoped, at least I can hit what I’m aiming at now! I do know one thing Henry is one heck of a company to back their products the way they do. I hope the company never changes hands or when the person that owns it passes away and then the company falls all to crap like Walmart!
Old 09-28-2021, 08:35 PM
heli_av8tor

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good to hear.
I'll have to get my Henry Golden Boy out and give it another try.
I hate the idea of putting a scope on it but may need to do something to get more consistent sight alignment.
Old 09-28-2021, 10:46 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck720 View Post
I got my gun back today, Iím hitting a squirrels head target 9 out of 10 shots with a scope at 50 yards!
Alrighty then!
Old 09-29-2021, 08:25 PM
airshot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli_av8tor View Post
Good to hear.
I'll have to get my Henry Golden Boy out and give it another try.
I hate the idea of putting a scope on it but may need to do something to get more consistent sight alignment.
Same here, I waited for years always trying to get better with open sights, but then one day I decided to stop fighting it, made the switch to a small 2-7x32 scope and WOW the accuracy came back!! Just didnt want to admit it was my tired old eyes....
Old 10-13-2021, 07:00 AM
billwunder

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
H001T Accuracy

I own this rifle with the 24" barrel. Even though it is not the equivalent of many bolt action rifles regarding accuracy, I love it. I didn't read every reply, so I don't know what ammo you are using.

I have found that accuracy increases incrementally with the level of ammo I am using (more $$). Shooting bulk ammo, Blazers, Golden Bullets etc., it's not great. Bulk ammo sometimes doesn't cycle well. Shooting Center X its surprisingly accurate.

Regardless, you should be able to put it paper with any ammo. Clean the barrel real good and try a different brand of ammo.
Old 10-13-2021, 07:31 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
My H001TSPR (24" threaded barrel) with suppressor is shooting right at 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards with subsonic ammo and is mouse fart quiet, yes it looks a bit funny but it sure is fun.

Flyer is on me...

Old 10-13-2021, 06:39 PM
Marzoom

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
50 yds with Frontier shooting Blasers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0389.jpg (486.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 20211011_111826.jpg (589.9 KB, 8 views)