Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-13-2021, 02:03 PM
Ruff Cobb

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Yonkers Pro Varmint stock replacement

I'd really appreciate a bit of advice. I have an opportunity to acquire an excellent Yonkers .22 Pro Varmint. One niggling issue;
The rifle has a right handed laminated stock with a roll over cheek piece. I Have to shoot left handed due to vision loss in right eye.
I've done an online search & I find that Numrich lists a K-22 pro varmint .22 stock, grey laminated which appears to be neutral.
Do any of you Kimber fans have any knowledge as to whether this item will fit the Yonkers model or any helpful suggestions. Many Thanks, Ruff Cobb in Durango, CO
Old 10-13-2021, 02:24 PM
rwgray76
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Cobb View Post
I'd really appreciate a bit of advice. I have an opportunity to acquire an excellent Yonkers .22 Pro Varmint. One niggling issue;
The rifle has a right handed laminated stock with a roll over cheek piece. I Have to shoot left handed due to vision loss in right eye.
I've done an online search & I find that Numrich lists a K-22 pro varmint .22 stock, grey laminated which appears to be neutral.
Do any of you Kimber fans have any knowledge as to whether this item will fit the Yonkers model or any helpful suggestions. Many Thanks, Ruff Cobb in Durango, CO
K22s are Yonkers made Kimbers. Is the model you are looking to buy the heavy short barrel or the 24 medium tapered fluted barrel? The neutral stocks Numrich sells are drop in for the 24 medium tapered fluted barrels. If you are looking at the stubby heavy barreled K22s then you will need to open up the barrel chamber to accommodate the larger diameter barrel.

I am doing this exact project this winter as I shoot left handed as well. Russ
Old 10-13-2021, 02:50 PM
Ruff Cobb

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
mistake, my bad, Model is a SVT, Kimber Yonkers

Many thanks for the above response but I erred.
Apologize for Senior Moment. The model i have the opportunity to acquire is the SVT---NOT the Pro Varmint.
I need to ask if the Pro Varmint stock will fit the SVT, the Numrich stock is the K-22 heavy barrel version. I hope this helps clarify.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2021, 03:30 PM
rwgray76

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Cobb View Post
Many thanks for the above response but I erred.
Apologize for Senior Moment. The model i have the opportunity to acquire is the SVT---NOT the Pro Varmint.
I need to ask if the Pro Varmint stock will fit the SVT, the Numrich stock is the K-22 heavy barrel version. I hope this helps clarify.
It will need fitting for the larger diameter barrel, but otherwise should be drop in as stated above. Russ
Old 10-19-2021, 08:25 PM
different

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Yep, it will work, after the barrel channel is opened up.
Old 10-19-2021, 09:01 PM
TEDDY BEAR RAT
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
It might look a little wonky with the already stubby looking SVT barrel, but it will fit. Just open up the barrel channel with emery cloth wrapped around progressively larger sockets. You also might shorten the foreend of the stock until the stock/barrel proportions look right.