Those of you with Moras and the KO Work Sharp check in here. - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-07-2014, 06:53 AM
Buzzsaw
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Those of you with Moras and the KO Work Sharp check in here.

Since I got my KO Work Sharp I had been debating trying to sharpen my Scandi ground Mora knives with it. I said what the heck and experimented with my "beater" Mora. The sharpener only is marked down to a 15 bevel but it will keep on cranking past 15 to here:

This setting is very close to the same degree bevel this knife came from the factory but the WS will put a convex grind on the blade.

I colored the entire edge with magic marker and the WS removed metal at the top of the original grind and at the edge of the blade. It lightly removed metal on the middle of the original Scandi grind. This is not a great photo but you see the finished edge with what's left of the magic marker after sharpening.

This slightly convex grind seems to hold up better than the flat ground factory edge. I'd like to hear your thoughts about this.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:35 AM
Flintlock28
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Does the Mora use the three layers of steel, like a number of Scandanavian knives do?
Old 11-07-2014, 12:04 PM
Buzzsaw
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintlock28 View Post
Does the Mora use the three layers of steel, like a number of Scandanavian knives do?
The carbon steel ones are I believe. The stainless is made of Swedish Sandvik 12C27 steel, hardened to 57 - 58 on the Rockwell Scale.
Old 05-22-2016, 08:51 PM
coyotesilencer
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintlock28 View Post
Only with the Mora Tri-Flex blade knives. A hardened core sandwiched between two softer steels.