Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-25-2003, 11:35 AM
RvA

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
On-Line Silhouette Matches

Hello,

I would like to welcome you to the opening of Small Bore Silhouette League.

If your tired of the Bencher’s getting all the “Scores” then come on over and try shooting with the Small Bore Silhouette League. We will be shooting paper versions of the 1/5 Small Bore Rifle Silhouette Targets, and Small Bore Pistol targets. There will be classes for 17HMR, 22LR and 22WMR.

To join the League and start shooting in these unique matches go to the:

Small Bore Silhouette League home page

Best,

Roger

Last edited by RvA; 04-11-2004 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Had the fix the link
Old 08-01-2003, 09:06 AM
RvA

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
July Match Results...

Hello All,

Well the July match results have been posted for the first SBSL match. Turn out was lighter then expected for this first match but I hope that will change.

Best,

Roger
Old 09-26-2003, 10:05 PM
TroyR

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
cool

Well I am going to try this out, it looks like fun.

Troy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2003, 09:39 PM
RvA

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Say guys what happened to all the members who signed up for this? I have had a very light turn out compared to the applications that I have received. I have over 50 members who could be shooting in these matches So come on guy lets turn in some match results here, and make me do some real work posting these results!

Best,

Roger
Old 01-29-2004, 01:09 AM
Alaska Mike
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
RFC Silhouette Matches.... Lets Rock

With the idea of trying to get some shooters involved in this match I think we are better off keeping it simple. I will post the two .pdf files for targets. One is scaled down for 25 yds and the other scaled for 50yds. I put one type of each animal, 4 total, on each target. Shoot 5 shots per animal, 20 shots per target. This will give you 20 shots @25 yds and 20 shots @50yds for a possible score of 40.

It is looking like we have some interest in these matches so lets start the matches in feb. You have till the end of the month to post scores. Just start a thread and post the scores here in the silhouette/3P forum or email them to me at:
report scores here

When turning in scores Please use this format.

Score, Name. Home Town, State. (Screen name)
Rifle Make/Model. Scope Make/Power. Ammunition. (BAB)
Custom tuning and parts, if any. Include your excuses too.

An Example:

23, Mike Houle, Anchorage, Alaska (Alaska Mike)
Anschutz 54.18, Bushnell 4200 8-32x, Wolf Match Extra
McMillan thumbhole stock, factory bedded
very windy but sunny

The following RFC Silhouette Email Match Targets are courtesy of Indy who is hosting the links at rfc. You can also go to the targets link on the home page and click on the match targets and download there also.

25yd and 50yd target downloads. To download, right click on link, click save target as, and download to where you want it on your computer. Then go to file, double click to open file and print.

25 Yard Silhoutte Target

50 Yard Silhoutte Target

Some of the Rules: (subject to change as we develop this program)

* All shooting will be offhand, standing up, no part of your body touching anything except for your feet on the ground. No slings or hand stops are allowed.

* No equipment classifications at this time. So any rifle goes, any trigger weight, any total weight, and any scope power. You may also shoot with aperture or iron sights. Use the ammo of your choice.

* Use a simple timer or have a buddy time you. You start with the gun unloaded, set the timer to 2:45 and begin. By the time you load the magazine into the gun, assume your foot position, shoulder the rifle, find the little targets in the scope, you will be close enough to 2:30 to begin firing. You have 2 minutes and 30 seconds to fire 5 rounds at one animal. Then reload your magazine, reset the time, and repeat. Continue this process till you have shot all 4 animals at that range totaling 20 rounds. Then replace with the other target and relocate to the next distance and repeat.

* One of the main components of the official silhouette game is you have to zero your rifle for each of the distances and record your scope settings before the match begins. There are no sighter shots during the match. We are only shooting at two distances, 25 and 50 yds, so this should not be much of a problem.

* Lets keep the scoring simple. If your shot penetrates the black of an animal it will count as a hit and score one point. So as long as a scoring plug will break the outline of the animal you get the point. In other words like scoring to the best edge. One point for each hit, for a total of 40 points with a perfect score.

* You may turn in one score per rifle per month.

* Like the benchrest email matches lets set the limit of 4 targets/rifle and send in your best score.

* If we get enough participation I will put people in classifications and maybe startup the two rifle classifications, standard rifle and hunter class.

If anybody else has some suggestions or rules they think we should add let me know.

Thanks for the interest and lets see if we can make this work. Get out there and turn in some scores. If there is a local silhouette club or match you owe it to yourself to go try one. I just started last year and never thought I would like it but I haven't missed a local match since.

Last edited by Alaska Mike; 04-15-2004 at 02:55 AM. Reason: updated links to targets
Old 01-29-2004, 01:31 AM
iamjacob

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mike,

I'm interested in shooting with you guys but I'm not a member so I can't download the attached file(s), how can I get a copy of the targets?

Jake
Old 01-29-2004, 01:47 AM
Alaska Mike

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Like I said in the above post, just get me your email address and I will send the files by email.

thanks for the interest.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:56 AM
iamjacob

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sorry, readin' never was my strong suit. PM sent.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:48 AM
Slowstdy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Newmember also a Mac user

Hi mike, just joined RFC so i can't down load the targets yet, don't know how long it takes to process membership. So can you send me the files in PDF format, as i use a Mac and .zip files are a pain in the Ar$$
Looking forward to taking part, may even have a go at the BR stuff as well.
Thanks Dave
Old 01-29-2004, 11:43 AM
Alaska Mike

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Silhouette target download

I have posted the links to the pdf files up in the first link. DaveR was kind enough to host the files for us and now Indy has the link right here on RFC. All you have to do is right click on the link, save it to your computer, then open the link and print out the two targets. Or you can open the targets right here from rfc and print them. You need one target for 25yds and one for 50yds.

If anybody is having problems with the link in the first post let me know and I will send the files email. Just click on "profile" near the bottom of one of my posts and send me either a private message or email with the request. I can send the targets in a zip file or as two separate pdf files.

Thanks for the interest in silhouette. Spread the word folks. This is really a fun game and you should check out your local silhouette matches. It is fun shooting offhand but really adds to the game when you are shooting metal targets at long distances.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:40 PM
DaveR

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If anyone has any problems downloading them. Let me know also.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:05 PM
Jon_the_Cynic

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm having problems downloading them.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:37 AM
Alaska Mike

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Like I said in the above post if you are having problems with the download send me an email or pm. Click on my profile at the bottom of one of my posts and then send me a private message or email with your email address and I will send you a email with the two files attached. I can send them zipped or as a .pdf.

I just checked the links to the targets and the website seems to be down. Will check on it in the morning. Sorry about that, but that fault is out of my control. We just have to get everybody that is interested to download the files the one time and then they have them on their computer and can print them whenever they want.
Old 01-31-2004, 04:15 PM
Indy

RFC Support
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Targets Are Now Ready!

Please refer to the first post in this thread. You can also find the targets by clicking on the Targets button on the forums main index page and going to the Match & Prove It Targets page.

Enjoy!!
Old 01-31-2004, 09:03 PM
Alaska Mike

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks Indy!!!

The fifth post in this thread has the links to the rfc silhouette email match targets. Just go to the link, download and print.

Matches start this month, feb. You can shoot for score, which is one target @25yds and one @50yds. Add your two scores and that will be the score you submit, possible score of 40. If you want you can submit one score per gun used. So those of you with a stable of rimfires can have a blast.

Real simple rules, just check out the fiftj post in this thread. Not much for restrictions, just want you to get out and try some offhand shooting. Hope you people go out and try it. Offhand shooting is a kick.