Online match based on CMP rimfire sporter rules? - Page 5 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:40 AM
boomer1821

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWNolan View Post
Yes, I'm up north! We've now had a couple days that have been up into the 50's but still a lot of 30-40 degree days. Our next match is the 14th and I'm hoping it's warm enough in the morning to shoot outside.

I shot a practice match last night. Not my best showing but not my worst either. I'll take it considering I was shooting 20 year old Remington GB ammo.

Prone SF 100 6X
Prone RF 96 2X
Sitting SF 96 2X
Sitting RF 97 1X
Standing SF 98 3X
Standing RF 96 3X

583 17X

Looking at the targets it's pretty obvious that my NPA was off on a couple of strings. That probably cost me more points than shooting crummy ammo.
Nice shooting, consistent on all stages. I'm envious of your standing scores especially. I am amused that I seem to get better results on rapid fire than slow fire. I guess I am over-thinking on the slo.

Do you find that your indoor scores correlate pretty well to your outdoor scores? Other than the obvious (wind), I can't help thinking there are some differences between using reduced targets and shooting the full target at the full range. I'm about to head out and shoot my first full COF at the full distances.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:50 AM
boomer1821

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWNolan View Post
Yes, I'm up north! We've now had a couple days that have been up into the 50's but still a lot of 30-40 degree days. Our next match is the 14th and I'm hoping it's warm enough in the morning to shoot outside.

I shot a practice match last night. Not my best showing but not my worst either. I'll take it considering I was shooting 20 year old Remington GB ammo.

Prone SF 100 6X
Prone RF 96 2X
Sitting SF 96 2X
Sitting RF 97 1X
Standing SF 98 3X
Standing RF 96 3X

583 17X

Looking at the targets it's pretty obvious that my NPA was off on a couple of strings. That probably cost me more points than shooting crummy ammo.
PWNolan - if you don't mind, please post this score in the new April thread. Thanks- Rick
Old 04-05-2013, 09:20 AM
PWNolan
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer1821 View Post
Nice shooting, consistent on all stages. I'm envious of your standing scores especially. I am amused that I seem to get better results on rapid fire than slow fire. I guess I am over-thinking on the slo.

Do you find that your indoor scores correlate pretty well to your outdoor scores? Other than the obvious (wind), I can't help thinking there are some differences between using reduced targets and shooting the full target at the full range. I'm about to head out and shoot my first full COF at the full distances.

I do find that the indoor scores correlate well with the outdoor scores. At least mine do. For whatever reason a couple guys in my club think the indoor game is harder. I haven't found that to be the case. I think CMP did a pretty good job when they came up with the size for targets that are used for the 50 ft version of CMP Sporter.

Thanks for the comments on my standing scores. There's definitely still room for improvement. BTW, I've had several occasions where my rapid-fire scores were better than my slow-fire scores. I blame it on the blob between the ears. At times I take too long to execute the shot because I'm spending too much time trying to get a perfect sight picture. Then I get fatigued and wind up taking a shot that's worse than what I was looking for in the first place. When that happens I should put the rifle down and start the shot process over. I've been working on that but I still find myself taking a bad shot once in a while. I also need to make sure I check NPA and adjust if necessary before each shot in the slow-fire stages.