Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:11 PM
rigrat
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Send a message via Yahoo to rigrat

Rico ,

Rant on buddy will make you forget about that cold and hopefully make you feel better.

Think me and Earth need to start our own fun shoot, correct the bullets, LMAO.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:02 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
hay, rigger,

for an SS'er that made the "ulti" thingee with fed 510 ammo, dont think you need to be "connecting" any holes, LOL,

BTW, re; your post about eley sports and PMC mods,

tried a brick of each. wasted the sports on a factory bbl, so wasnt a good test,
BUT they functioned a whole lot better than aguila std vel, same ammo made by aguila, but the sport ammo is eley primed and a lot more consistent cycling.

PMC is also made by aguila but is REALLY quiet, but in my bbls had a few probs.
ALL pmc did the same thing for me. lite strikes, FTeject, etc. "accuracy" wasn't worth the hassle, even with a bull bbl. plus, they are hard to get and can be a bit in-consistent. this is JMO and xperience.
but, if you can get them for cheap, give them a work out.
also try the scoremasters if available to you, std vel,

hopefully you'll be back soon and showing us pics of your projects. cant wait, LOL,

rico....not ready to go take the count yet,

Old 03-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Gizzy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (149)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICOCHET View Post
okay then, for you earth, LOL,

nuttin fancy compared to my other pimped out set ups, or others here. decided to try a diff route and go black. all i need is the bbl . as i mentioned, krylon fusion semi black. has just a bit of sheen that i wanted. should look pretty good in the "nutter" that needs a few more coats of "tung" oil, which is in process.

the receiver i got here on the *for sale* forum, private buyer and was a good price, no complaints. seems like the previous owner had a lot of stove pipes as the ejection port was kinda dinged up. opened that up with the dremel and polished. a bunch of other probs that come with a factory receiver. got all that taken care of. nice and slick now.

now for the bbl...................cant wait to paint that and assemble. LOL, ALMOST like putting together an "ULTI", but with "factory" parts. this is way too much fun. cant wait to shoot it from the "OASIS", LOL,

rico....
By the way... 43 Down is "BUTLERS"...
Old 03-28-2007, 10:14 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
gizzy,

LOL, but where were you a month ago when i needed help?? to do this puzzle?

thanks buddy, have to luv this place. in stead of asking why my mag dont drop out, will post a pic of the x-word and let everyone go nutz. that should be a first ?? orrrrrrr???

rico....

Old 03-28-2007, 10:21 PM
earthdragon090

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
paint job on the receiver and trigger group looks good ...dont you just hate messing with taking out the safety ..oh just a PS the spell checker works hurray I don't need to look up ever other word now
earth
Old 03-28-2007, 10:36 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
well, earth,

normally i remove the safety and bag the parts. most of the time it dont work
with out cutting down on the sear leg. i only shoot off the bench so dont really need the safety feature.

rico.....

Old 03-29-2007, 12:17 AM
rigrat
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Rico,

Didn't realize the PMC where made by Augila, guess thats why they are cheap, LOL. Found them for 13.95 / brick and the ELEY standard for 14.95 / brick. Think it was ammunitiontogo.com that has them.

May just have to try them out but don't really know if it is worth it if you get alot of light strikes, FTE and bad accuracy.

Maybe have to try out just a couple of boxes and see what they do.

Hope to get back where I can start the ton of projects I have to do, course thats not counting what the wife wants done, LOL.

Course she isn't dumb she know most of my time will be on building my daughters rifle and my SS along with building a BR stock for another member.
Can't wait to get started , first thing is getting my daughter's Savage stock ready for her to dye it. going to be fun letting her do the dye job. Me and her just might well end up blue ourselves, LOL.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigrat View Post
Rico,
Can't wait to get started , first thing is getting my daughter's Savage stock ready for her to dye it. going to be fun letting her do the dye job. Me and her just might well end up blue ourselves, LOL.

You could do the Blue Man Group thing!!! Always looked like fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 04-02-2007, 09:21 PM
rigrat
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Rico where you hiding at?

Got my fat boy put together and shot through the break in cycle this morning

Will start a thread and start posting results and pictures.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:30 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
hay, rigger,

glad to see ya back!!

still kinda in a frump and da weather aint helping. had a bit of snow and is at 30* right now.

am anxious to see how your "fat baby" does. yea, start a new thread. am sure everyone will be curious as to how well it does, esp if you are using some tried and true cheap ammo. dont forget the pics, LOL, coff, coff,

rico....

need to be ordering some ammo in a week or two.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:49 PM
rigrat
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Yeah got me some tried and true 510's, LOL.

But I went all out and got a box of Federal Auto Match , ha ha.

Or feels that way when it cost about 11.20 for 325 rounds, thats about .035 cents per round LMAO. Getting a little steep at them prices.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:07 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
rigger, LOL,

if i figured out ammo by the cost per round, i'd be back to the wrist rocket. now
you went and made me do a dbl take on them AM-22 stuff. BUT, hard to beat for the cost, and probably the best shooting bulk i have tried. will have to remember $.035 nxt time i'm shooting that stuff which is just about gone, LOL,

rico....

Old 04-02-2007, 10:17 PM
rigrat
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Hey Rico,

Thats what keeps me away from Wolf MT , @ 30.00/500 thats .06 cents per round LOL.

Thats almost 3 bricks of 510's and a whole lot of fun. Guess if ya want them tini little groups you have to pay the piper. or not.

Ooops almost forgot American Eagle go for 10.00/500 or .02 cents/round. Still have to try them in these 2 barrels.

Last edited by rigrat; 04-02-2007 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:59 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
AE5022 for ten dollars a brick? Midway hase it $16.40. Where did you find ae5022 for $10?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 04-03-2007, 12:06 AM
rigrat
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
We have a store called Big Buck Sports over in Hattiesburg , Ms. They have American Eagle for .99 cents a box of 50. Or thats what it was today when I looked. Have another gun shop in Laurel that carries it also but think it is around 1.40 a box , maybe a little cheaper.

I still have to try American Egle with the 24" bull and the fatbaby barrel, might get lucky and they might like it.