Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-24-2017, 10:36 PM
RangeMaster37

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
The HOLY GRAIL of the Model 37 Rangemaster

When we think of the Remington model 37 Rangemaster rifle, well this is the way I’ve always thought about it. It is the most gorgeous 22 target rifle ever manufactured. Yes I know, we all can argue that and state the makes and models of others and debate that for too long! However, to me that is the way it is and always will be. At a very young age is when I first gazed upon a model 37 for the first time. Steve’s Sport Shop was only 100 yards down the road and it was the local hang out for all the old boy’s who liked to talk and shoot. Well it seemed like mostly talk to me then. There was a pot bellied stove and an honest to goodness cracker barrel they all sat around. But there was one old boy that would show up from time to time with an old beat up looking homemade wooden case. When he walked into the shop they all kind of hovered around and would listen to his every word. Now I wasn’t allowed to go the shooting range out back at that time. But I remember the first time he opened that case and pulled out his model 37 rifle. It was just the most beautiful gun I’d ever seen, and it has been love at first sight ever since.
Well, sorry for going on like that but that is just the way it is. Ever since that day the model 37’s have been THE GUN for me. With the HOLY GRAIL of all model 37’s being a very early Barrel Band gun. Well, long ago I was able to afford the one below. It has had some additions to it as you can see and been refinished long ago. But as I stood there debating if I should buy it my gun buddy said; “when is the last time you saw one let alone one you could buy”! Well, it came home with me that day and now you see it. The real deal barrel band serial number 00046 model 37 rifle. There are things about this gun that you can see are different than the pictures that you see of them in print. It wears a the standard 28” barrel that is marked 046 on the bottom. The stock is stamped in the barrel channel 00046. It has a 14” LOP with 46 stamped on the butt and 46 stamped on the butt plate. I really appreciate this place and forum and I hope you enjoy this gun as much as I do. It did come with the original magazine, platform and rear sight. Just didn’t mount the sight for the picture. And the rear sight is also etched 46 on the inside that matches the bolt in style. There is no date code on the barrel which I found interesting.

Last edited by RangeMaster37; 06-17-2018 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:41 PM
grg
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
That is a great looking rifle! I also just love the model 37. I keep saying I am going to buy an Anschutz but now I am on my 3rd model 37 and don't really know if I need to change. Just planted a 20x Unertl on mine and am even more in love with it now. The reason this is my 3rd is it is also unmolested with all the correct markings in the correct places, the others had been modified.

I do like your barrel band model and may have to look for one of those but I am sure they are very hard to come by. That would be an awsome squirrel rifle, Mine is entirely to heavy for me to carry.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:29 AM
timberbeast
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
Definitely a beauty, it would be the crown jewel of almost anyone's rimfire collection!
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2017, 10:27 PM
Rarebearcat
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That is so cool.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:09 AM
Hoot
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
A little off topic but fellow ARA League member who I shot with last night, uses a tricked out 37 he bought that way. Yes, it is not a collectible as it has been optimized for ARA shooting and IIRC, re-barreled, but he developed a problem with his Canjar trigger. Can anyone recommend a person who services the Canjar trigger? Figured you 37 fans would be able to steer him in the right direction. Several 40X league member tearing us up. Several of them turn in 9k+ agg's for 4 cards.

Thanks,

Hoot