Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

frankstein gun

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  HIghstandardguy 
#1 ·
So I have a mark 3 22/45 barrel and a mark 3 frame and just having a problem to get it to go together.

I just can’t get the barrel pushed all the way on the frame?

The 22/45 barrel will go on a regular mark 3 frame?

Herman

#7 ·
Herman, before you start "grinding away" on anything I would suggest that you first use a soft hammer to gently try persuading the two components together after making doubly sure their alignment is spot on.

My Mark II pistol cannot be assembled/disassembled any other way, and I'm not going to just grind away at it's mating surfaces when Ruger themselves recommends the below procedures...

Directly from the Ruger Mark II Instruction Manual, entitled "Disassembly", page 20, step 5:

5. With the mainspring housing, bolt stop pin (as an assembly), and bolt
removed, a forward blow (with a plastic hammer) on the rear of the receiver
will disengage the barrel-receiver assembly from the grip frame
. No attempt
should be made to remove rivets or staked pins. Further disassembly should
be undertaken only by the factory.

Further on page 20, entitled "Assembly", step 3:

3. ...Push barrel rearward until it stops, with the rear end of receiver slightly over-hanging the rear end of the grip frame (see Figure 3B). If alignment cannot be achieved by hand pressure, strike the muzzle (front) of the barrel with a plastic or wood mallet only, being careful not to damage the muzzle.

#8 ·
Directly from the Ruger Mark II Instruction Manual, entitled "Disassembly", page 20, step 5:
5. With the mainspring housing, bolt stop pin (as an assembly), and bolt
removed, a forward blow (with a plastic hammer) on the rear of the receiver
will disengage the barrel-receiver assembly from the grip frame
. No attempt
should be made to remove rivets or staked pins. Further disassembly should
be undertaken only by the factory.

Further on page 20, entitled "Assembly", step 3:
3. ...Push barrel rearward until it stops, with the rear end of receiver slightly over-hanging the rear end of the grip frame (see Figure 3B). If alignment cannot be achieved by hand pressure, strike the muzzle (front) of the barrel with a plastic or wood mallet only, being careful not to damage the muzzle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.