Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-23-2019, 11:05 PM
ALAN_50501

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
.22 sporter problem

I went to my local rqnge and shot .22 sporter.. It would shoot like a couple and eject them the next time it wouldnt eject and it would kick one out of magazine.. was using federal auto match...had a guy tell me to loosen screw on magazine 1/4 of a turn but its super tight and didnt want to bust it...would i be able to lightly bump it with an impact enough to loosen it...The gun was cleaned
Old 11-24-2019, 01:00 AM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New gun, old gun, new problem, ? Etc. some facts please. And leave the magazine alone, try another.

Hornady one shot dri lube! Cures a lot of problems.

Get better ammo, bulk sucks, try cci SV! Mini, mags, Aquila, any thing that comes so the rounds aren't banging together. No golden bullets no Winchester, no Federal

Was it cold? Cause 22s hate the cold, the lube, or wax just hardens and don't load properly and make a mess on the chamber face and bolt face, clogthe extractor....
Old 11-24-2019, 09:59 AM
ALAN_50501

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
New gun, old gun, new problem, ? Etc. some facts please. And leave the magazine alone, try another.

Hornady one shot dri lube! Cures a lot of problems.

Get better ammo, bulk sucks, try cci SV! Mini, mags, Aquila, any thing that comes so the rounds aren't banging together. No golden bullets no Winchester, no Federal

Was it cold? Cause 22s hate the cold, the lube, or wax just hardens and don't load properly and make a mess on the chamber face and bolt face, clogthe extractor....
I brought it used from a guy was in great shape like new condition. It really wasnt cold like 45 to 50
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2019, 10:21 AM
ALAN_50501

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
How would i use Hornady one shot dri lube?
Old 11-24-2019, 07:14 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAN_50501 View Post
How would i use Hornady one shot dri lube?
Take the action out of the stock, take the pins out that hold in the trigger, take the charging handle out tak the bolt out. Clean receiver bolt and handle very good with solvent clean breech face , clean chamber , use a bent bronze brush, clean barrel. Let dry. Wipe clean spray Hornady into receiver, let dry spray bolt with Hornady , spray handle , let dry , pput handle and bolt back in spray again. Let dry. Spray hornady into trigger group put pins and trigger into receiver put back into stock. Spray into magazine too.

Remember this is lube, a little is all you need. Don't over spray.

After that , a sprits into the receiver thru the ejection port and a quick cycle of the bolt is all you'll need till it needs this don again. Say every 1000 rounds. Or when it stars acting up again.
Old 11-24-2019, 07:26 PM
Bullet Bob
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
You're going to get a lot of advice, and many people have different opinions on cleaning and lubing. It could be overwhelming to some.

The only advice I have is to read the manual, if you haven't already, there's usually good information there about cleaning and usage - after you get through the pages about not shooting yourself. Good advice, really.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:36 AM
CardPuncher
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
...Get better ammo, bulk sucks, try cci SV! Mini, mags, Aquila, any thing that comes so the rounds aren't banging together. No g olden bullets no Winchester, no Federal...

I can't think of a reason why any Standard Velocity ammo (CCI SV) should cycle more reliably than any high velocity ammo, bulk pack or not, as long as the round goes bang. He could try CCI Mini Mags, but I bet he'll find ammo is not the problem.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:23 PM
ammohog

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Quote:
I went to my local rqnge and shot .22 sporter.. It would shoot like a couple and eject them the next time it wouldnt eject and it would kick one out of magazine.. was using federal auto match...had a guy tell me to loosen screw on magazine 1/4 of a turn but its super tight and didnt want to bust it...would i be able to lightly bump it with an impact enough to loosen it...The gun was cleaned
No ejection and magazine feeding to a spent cartridge case still in the chamber. First thing that comes to mind with a factory stock rifle, is a dirty chamber aka "black ring". The 10/22 just won't function properly if the chamber is full of packed hard crud. As mentioned in another thread, the 10/22 used the blowback for operation. The extractor isn't needed for this type of system. There once was a video on youtube shooting a 10/22 without an extractor installed. I would clean the chamber extremely well, using C4 or another proven carbon and burned powder remover, and let soak for a good while. I twist a .22 or .25 cal bronze brush in the chamber with a cleaner made for that problem. Inspect chamber. If any black "stuff" is still in there, repeat until nice and clean. It might take a while (as in several cleanings) to get it all out. Good luck!
Old 11-25-2019, 07:21 PM
ALAN_50501

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I brought a bore snake before i got the gun.. Im gonna buy a cleaning kit and hoppes number 9 and give it a good scrubbing with the brush
Old 11-27-2019, 02:45 PM
huntschool

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
I brought a bore snake before i got the gun.. Im gonna buy a cleaning kit and hoppes number 9 and give it a good scrubbing with the brush
ALAN:

Pay heed to the bent brush and bent swab chamber cleaning info. I start with a bent 25 and then a bent 22 swab soaked in solvent. I let them sit for a good bit twisting them every so often. Then I go to the solvent soaked brush doing the same thing. After that you can go after the bore.

This carbon ring "black ring" is the demise of good performance in the 10/22. I have to wonder if the guy you bought it from was having this problem and just decided to push it off to someone else.

Just my opinion.
Old 11-27-2019, 04:07 PM
ALAN_50501

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntschool View Post
Quote:
ALAN:

Pay heed to the bent brush and bent swab chamber cleaning info. I start with a bent 25 and then a bent 22 swab soaked in solvent. I let them sit for a good bit twisting them every so often. Then I go to the solvent soaked brush doing the same thing. After that you can go after the bore.

This carbon ring "black ring" is the demise of good performance in the 10/22. I have to wonder if the guy you bought it from was having this problem and just decided to push it off to someone else.

Just my opinion.
I just did buy this this am and just seen this reply
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15748923317021413083735457500907_1574892349073.jpg (452.7 KB, 5 views)