Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:50 PM
MidwesternMutt
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Is it possible?

I don't recall my Blazers billing that fast.
I will look at one of my boxes in the morning to see what mine say. I shoot CCI Blazer .22 sometimes.

Edit: Holy cow! I will now only shoot these in my bolt action and single shot. Too fast for my 22/45 in my semi-informed opinion

Last edited by MidwesternMutt; 11-17-2015 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:18 AM
Galica

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Im not using the CCI on this gun again even though i don't think it will do any damage to it.

Today was not a good day.

I had tighten the grips to hard and the pin to the hammer had gone inside the frame. It kept jamming and it kept misfeeding also the bolt kept sticking in the back position.
Plus the gun kept clicking.

So these are the symptoms.

The fix: I took the pistol apart popped the pin back in and now its smooth as butter once again.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:26 AM
arjay

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Is it possible?

The relief cut on the left grip for the head of the hammer pin is too deep and it lets the pin back out of the frame,mine gave me fits as it will do it again miles from home and tools Bought some after market grips and the problem was solved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2015, 07:35 AM
Galica

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Haha i was at the range for 10 minutes and tried to find the problem for 1 hour...
Old 11-18-2015, 08:43 AM
Test_Engineer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It's the same problem as in the "Did your bolt release scratch your frame?" thread here:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...=585238&page=2

My fix is toward the bottom. Easy, and should fix your problem too!

TE
Old 11-18-2015, 09:43 AM
MidwesternMutt

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ok. I am used to shooting SV. I was concerned that velocity was approaching Hyper-Velocity rounds.
Sure enough, Mini-Mags are at 5fps slower than Blazers. I shoot Mini-Mags without worry in my 22/45.
Unnecessary concern, my apologies Galica. Shoot those Blazers!
Old 11-18-2015, 11:04 AM
Galica

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You dont have to apologize brother!

I will how to buy some more blazers then . I think this pistol will most likely love them american branded ammo.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:31 PM
fourbore
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have the slab side, competition model with a scope mounted. When shooting off a rest on the bench I can consistently place five shots in 1/2 inch, center to center grouping, at 50 yards. I let you do the metric conversion.

When i got my pistol and compared notes with others on this forum, some were doing considerably better than me. I only shot cci mini mag 36gr hp. I am an average at best shooter, not ever fired in competition. I would guess, my 1/2 inch at 50 is to be expected and not better than average.

I have the 10112 model. I never did anything. No trigger, nothing. Just been shooting. The trigger is hard. I am just saying my results are stock out of the box with hunting grade ammo.

http://www.ruger.com/products/markII...on/models.html

Last edited by fourbore; 11-18-2015 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:47 AM
Galica

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Today i took and mounted the rail that came with the gun, and it helps with finding the ironsights fast if you want to do some fast shooting. So that is really good. I have also ordered one of them pistol scopes 2x power. And with the help of this scope i will do a complete test of the accuracy potential of the gun. I will buy some expensive ammos and some cheap. But i'm NOT going to shoot any remington or federals in this gun because they are a complete piece of *****. Lapua, SK, CCI, FIOCHI,Norma, Eley is whats going to be served. The best ammo will be used for competition next year, the second best ammo will be used to practice with so i really hope its a cheap one Over all i'm still very pleased with this gun.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:39 PM
CardPuncher
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
That's a beautiful gun and I love those grips. It should do very well for you.

I see several mentions of ammo here. Remember that the speed printed on the box was derived by shooting it in a rifle. AFAIK that's true even with "pistol" ammo. HV .22lr ammo (around 1250 fps) is almost always subsonic when shot from a barrel about 6" long. If it says 1250 on the box you might get 1050-1100. Less with a shorter barrel. Not all types of ammo will lose the same amount of velocity when shot from pistols and not all will have the same consistency. What you're doing (testing) is the only way to be sure of the result you will get.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:05 PM
MidwesternMutt

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Is it possible?

I saved this quote from somewhere here on RFC but did not save the source.

"CCI is made by two manufacturers, Federal and Speer. The only way to tell which is which is the Lot #s. The ones made by Speer start with a letter and the Federals start with a number. Also, the bullet color is different between the two providers. One is light grey. One is dark grey."

The three companies share a common parent company.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:12 PM
Galica

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternMutt View Post
I saved this quote from somewhere here on RFC but did not save the source.

"CCI is made by two manufacturers, Federal and Speer. The only way to tell which is which is the Lot #s. The ones made by Speer start with a letter and the Federals start with a number. Also, the bullet color is different between the two providers. One is light grey. One is dark grey."

The three companies share a common parent company.
I will try to document everything this time just for fun. But i think that this pistol will shoot great with almost everything. Eley has some ammo that they brand as pistol ammo but those have never worked in my other guns. Its always has been these std velocity rounds that shot best.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:25 PM
Galica

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Still waiting on the chance to come out and try all this but these are the things im doing right now.

1- polished the bolt, there is still some work to do on it but it is really smooth now. Also smeared some Feinwerkbau Oil on it, can recommend this because it has been working in all my guns. Its not cheap though...

2- Also mounted a pistol scope from walther on my pistol, its a 2x20 duplex. Seems ok i had better scopes, bought a cheap one, just to try it i will not shoot with scope only iron sights.

3- And last but not least, a package from USA came, and there where a couple of things for my walther PP but also a kensight front sight. This is how it looks on the pistol. The kensight are just my curiosity i don't think it will improve anything, the factory sights work really good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2031.jpg (480.8 KB, 13 views)
Old 11-28-2015, 01:57 PM
Galica

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just installed volquartsen markII sear,trigger, and mark II bushing also installed a tactical solutions extractor.
I polished the trigger bar and hammer, so much that i could take a shave while looking at it
It was fun doing this i enjoyed it alot. But i have had problem with trigger assemblies before, i almost got gray hair from a feinwerkbau air pistol trigger.....

Over and OuT!
Old 12-04-2015, 04:12 AM
Galica

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
As i wrote on my other thread that i got a ruger with a bent frame. Well this seems quiet common on these pistols. The store was kind to offer my money back but i declined, because its really not that big of a issue this gun is a budget gun what more can you ask? So with that said i went back home and stripped everything again i put a small delerin strip and filled the little ''corridor'' so now the sear spring cant move it will stay on the same place. Stripped and re lubed everything again took a good time to see that everything was working properly. Took the left grip and filled up the place where the hammer pivot pin rests, filled that out with some black epoxy now it looks like the grip was made like that.
And the hammer pivot pin stays in place and you cant move it around anymore.....

Took the gun to the range fired of a box of sk magazine (bulk ammo here.) No problems what so ever and the trigger is so sweet now that its a real joy to shoot with this gun. Did all kinds of tests 3 round bursts, shoot as fast as i could, one shot at the time, everything worked really good.

I also let the gun rest for 1 hour on the ground just to get really cold just to see how it performed when really cold it was no problems it worked just fine.

The good thing with this pistols is that you can shoot a lot and the barrel is not even warm and it never shifts the POI.

My trigger setup is.
-VQ sear
-VQ trigger.
-VQ bushing

I have polished the hammer and the trigger bar.

Gun works really good!