Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Pyromancy5
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Guess he should have said that then because it sure didn't come across that way to me. silencertalk.com is a very good resource for those interested in suppressors, good reviews and lots of experience once you wade through the BS slung by many there, you need to spend some time to see who really knows what they're talking about and who the "posers" are, plenty of both there.

My Class III dealer neighbor and his two sons seem to really enjoy their toys and the two boys are safer than many adults I know, but their Dad has spent a lot of time with them and it shows both in their manners and gun handling.
What does BS stand for? Maybe its just the way I am reading it, but I though you mentioned language, strict, and you enjoying enforcement.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:10 PM
hilers

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
pretty sure it's Bull Stuff
Old 05-10-2012, 07:05 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromancy5 View Post
What does BS stand for? Maybe its just the way I am reading it, but I though you mentioned language, strict, and you enjoying enforcement.
I started to delete this, but it says so much about your intelligence level I'm going to leave it, if you can't figure the difference in what I'm talking about then folks need to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Dansjeep2000

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjl99 View Post
are you guys with the sparrow running a spacer on your threads? i tried threading mine on my fvsr and it bottoms out on the o-ring before it completely threads itself on. Ive heard threading it past the o-ring into the blast baffle can cause damage over time.
I am running a Steel spacer that came on a .22 AR , seems to work fine and I didn't have to order anything.

Last edited by Dansjeep2000; 05-23-2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: I was wrong and didn't want to pass bad info.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Nighthawk80

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm curentlly running a Huntertown Guardian on my 22's. They are a very good suppressor for those who are wanting to get there feet wet. they are $200 plus the $200 tax stamp. It is the First suppressor that I own, but not the first one that I have used.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Pyromancy5

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
I started to delete this, but it says so much about your intelligence level I'm going to leave it, if you can't figure the difference in what I'm talking about then folks need to know.

Well, that's a rude thing to say to me.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:59 PM
hersh5317
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Unknot the knickers boys . Brand Supremecy (many there think AAC is the only good suppressor). We got that settled now?
Old 05-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Pyromancy5

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
My LGS got a Hunters Town sample in and they said it was pretty crummy.

I have high hopes for the TM ZXL. I got a good deal at 220, and it looks very well made. I really like the new mono baffle design. It is even quieter than the older model
Old 05-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Silent_fun

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromancy5 View Post
My LGS got a Hunters Town sample in and they said it was pretty crummy.

I have high hopes for the TM ZXL. I got a good deal at 220, and it looks very well made. I really like the new mono baffle design. It is even quieter than the older model
I like that design as well, it would make cleaning a breeze. Good luck on your wait pyro, I'm on month 5 for my 9mm suppressor. Will you be using yours on any pistols or just the rifles?
Old 05-17-2012, 05:49 PM
DairyMan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very similar to the design of mine . . .

Old 05-18-2012, 06:44 AM
IDriveB5

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to IDriveB5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyMan View Post
Very similar to the design of mine . . .
DairyMan, that is quite the baffle! How does it sound?
Old 05-21-2012, 08:38 AM
bretj

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Spacers and TM CHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjl99 View Post
are you guys with the sparrow running a spacer on your threads? i tried threading mine on my fvsr and it bottoms out on the o-ring before it completely threads itself on. Ive heard threading it past the o-ring into the blast baffle can cause damage over time.
You can get some spacers at silencerstore.com. I bought a 3 pack after hearing folks had problems with the FVSR having AR length threads. I wonder if that was an issue with the early ones. My FVSR threads are no longer than the threads on my pistols.

BTW, I have the Thompson Machine CHD. It will make you giggle like a little girl... (Dang sight cheaper than most others at $240.00. Take apart monocore and scaled to look right on a .22 AR but on the FVSR looks like 70s era gun pron)

Be careful with whatever you buy. It's like eating potato chips. On my third stamp now and I am just a lighweight compared to others I know. Half way through my 7 month wait for my next can....

Bret

Last edited by bretj; 05-21-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:44 AM
bretj

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Crush Washer Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansjeep2000 View Post
I am running a AR Crush washer, seems to work fine and I didn't have to order anything.
You do not want to use crush washers with a suppressor. A crush washer has potential to force a mis-alignment of the bore with the can which will cause baffle strikes. If you don't believe me, go take a look over at silencertalk.com or nfatalk.com. You may be one of the lucky ones that doesn't have problems but it's not worth the loss of a can and all the time and money. Properly made spacers are the way to go if you are using a .22 can on an AR length threaded barrel. Standard AR threads are .600 long where most .22 suppressors are designed for .400 so you will need a .200 spacer. A crush washer is only a fraction of that.

Bret

Last edited by bretj; 05-21-2012 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Specs
Old 05-21-2012, 08:58 AM
mjl99
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bretj View Post
You can get some spacers at silencerstore.com. I bought a 3 pack after hearing folks had problems with the FVSR having AR length threads. I wonder if that was an issue with the early ones. My FVSR threads are no longer than the threads on my pistols.

BTW, I have the Thompson Machine CHD. It will make you giggle like a little girl... (Dang sight cheaper than most others at $240.00. Take apart monocore and scaled to look right on a .22 AR but on the FVSR looks like 70s era gun pron)

Be careful with whatever you buy. It's like eating potato chips. On my third stamp now and I am just a lighweight compared to others I know. Half way through my 7 month wait for my next can....

Bret
yeah thats where i got some spacers since everyone else was out of stock. mine sounds crazy quiet with the sparrow lol
Old 05-21-2012, 03:49 PM
DairyMan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDriveB5 View Post
DairyMan, that is quite the baffle! How does it sound?
Sounds great. The guy who makes them was having a sale, I picked it up for $65 instead of the $150 retail (no tax stamp required either).