RIMFIRE SUPPRESSORS ??? - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-22-2017, 07:24 PM
Vasquez956

TPC Rating: 
95% (15)

I ll have a Rugged Oculus 22 in several months. Cant wait to see how that goes.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:34 PM
theoldsarge
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327 View Post
I thought the same thing when I shot Super Colibris from my single shot Winchester, very quiet, although the range wasn't very good and they had a tendency to ricochet. But after I had a couple stick in the barrel, I switched to CCI Quiets. I still use Super Colibris occasionally in my Single Six though.
I should have said, my Marlin has a 16" barrel, and I have had absolutely no issues with it. As far as range, I have to compensate a bit for drop, but that's no biggie.

Tried the Colibri in a handgun. Didn't seem very quiet at all. In fact .38 Special wadcutters out of my .357 were quieter.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:41 PM
RvrRnr
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What I did was evaluate what was the very most important thing that I wanted my "tool" to do for me. I decided that "quiet" was the most important and that shot placement was going to be up to me. I chose Dark Horse Arms and they built me a CZ 453 22 LR. It is ridiculously quiet and is also accurate with CCI standard velocity. Call them and tell them what you want. They will work with you and make it happen. Their customer service is also awesome.
RvrRnr
Old 10-22-2017, 08:47 PM
Rimfire17hmr
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I?ll add 2 tidbits from experience: 1. Consider getting Titanium. 2. Beware in semi auto pistol, a tremendous amount of crud gets thrown back into the action when suppressed resulting in more frequent and aggressive cleaning, especially the chamber causing FT feed.
Old 10-22-2017, 11:13 PM
cobalt327

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldsarge View Post
I should have said, my Marlin has a 16" barrel, and I have had absolutely no issues with it. As far as range, I have to compensate a bit for drop, but that's no biggie.

Tried the Colibri in a handgun. Didn't seem very quiet at all. In fact .38 Special wadcutters out of my .357 were quieter.
They are loud from a revolver. But it's that or nothing.