Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Mark IV davidsons exclusive

12K views 65 replies 32 participants last post by  mmsb27 
#1 ·
#45 ·
For my intitial first time out of the box shoot. How did I do for pickking decent ammo?
CCI Mini Mag .22LRHP and...FederalAutomatch.22LR?
You certainly can't go wrong there. Close to the dealer? I just guessed. :D

I was just down in Eau Claire last weekend and stopped at Scheel's All Sport. Bought two bricks of CCI Mini-Mags, less than $10.00 for a 100 pack.

#55 ·
I just pulled the trigger on one of these just now. Davidson's had been showing "A*", meaning allocated. Today I just noticed they were showing 10 in stock. After I ordered mine, it dropped to 9. Now it's down to 1 as I type this. They'll all be gone in another few minutes.

It's the best of both worlds, and then some. It has the nice wood grips, plus the Target Sights. I don't care for the shallow "V" notch rear sight on the Hunter Model. And having a "1 Of 1,000" issue with the matching knife doesn't hurt either! I'll most likely be picking it up Wednesday. Can't wait!!

#59 ·
This new 1 Of 1,000 Ruger Mark IV will keep my other 3 Ruger Mark guns company. A Mark II Bill Ruger NRA Commerative Model, (the last of the Ruger Mark II's built). Along with my slab side Mark II Competition Model. And my Mark III Hunter. I like Limited Edition guns. It sets them apart from the common production models you see out there. At least this one will be easy to clean. The downside of Ruger Mark pistols has always been in the disassembly and frustrating reassembly of them.

#60 ·
My FFL called me yesterday to tell me it had come in. Great service from Davidson's. 27 hours from when I clicked the mouse on, "Accept Offer", to when my FFL rang my phone.

The gun is simply beautiful. Without question the nicest Ruger pistol I own. The finish on both the grips and the knife handle is so smooth, it's as if they were dipped in glass. The satin finish on all of the Stainless Steel is beautifully done. I'm almost going to be afraid to shoot the thing it's so nice! Notice I said almost.

I love the target sights. Nice and clear. The sharp, square front blade fits nicely into the nice square rear notch. I noticed some slight differences on this Limited Edition Model. The rear of the bolt has the Ruger emblem filled in black enamel where it has been laser etched. Much like the emblem on the grips and knife. Also, the takedown button is in matching Stainless Steel, and not black like on the Hunter Models. Bill Ruger's signature is deeply laser etched on one side of the slab sided barrel. And "1916-2016... 100 YEARS" on the other side.

It has just enough bling. But not so much as to look gaudy. The knife is simply beautiful. It alone was worth the added cost over the standard Hunter Model. Mine is #721 Of 1,000, so they're coming to the end of the run. The way these things are selling they'll be all gone in no time. So anyone who wants one had better act quickly. If you do you will not be disappointed. I'll try to get some pictures up later. My phone camera doesn't do this weapon justice.

#61 ·
Congratulations on your pistol. You know now they are not in a plastic box, your original question, and it is a sleeve. A little late in replying.
But I agree with you on the quality of the pistol and knife. I have not decided to shoot mine yet. I got mine 1/3/17 and is number 831 and my LGS has another that is also in the 800's so not sure if they are being sold in order. I have been picking up Ruger Marks and versions of for several years and we been shooting 22 steel with them and they have become the favorite. I have several 8" and a 10" and a couple other limited editions that are all original at this time. The Marks just seem to me to be made to shoot more and collect less. Time will tell along with my son and grandsons!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.