Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-09-2018, 03:15 PM
brutusfire
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Not the case here, there's no noticeable wax on the cases, I've dealt with that issue before, thanks for your input.
Old 12-09-2018, 04:13 PM
donie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have experienced extraction problem with the sv, I believe its related to the thick waxy lube.
I have been keeping a chamber brush at hand, for when things get sticky, that can be from 20 to 100rnds...bolt action rifle.
On my revolver with a tight cylinder gap. the sticky problem is really bad, I quit using cci sv altogether for that gun.

With its short comings, it still has been pretty accurate.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:48 PM
DamienBlack

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've recently shot CCI Green Tag and CCI SV all in one day. What I notice is CCI Green Tag had a larger variance relative to CCI SV. I had more consistency with Green Tag but when a flier hits it was way worse than SV. Well this will be the last time I waste money on Green Tag.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:59 PM
brutusfire

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So after cleaning all my guns bolts and all, here's where it stands. There's three bricks that wont eject, not a single shell from the bolt guns and 2 or 3 out of ten at best with the semi autos. CCI is sending me a pre paid lable so I can send them back so they can check them out. Hopefully I'm not stuck with ammo I cant use. Bob
Old 12-14-2018, 02:06 PM
Dirty Whiteboy

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusfire View Post
So after cleaning all my guns bolts and all, here's where it stands. There's three bricks that wont eject, not a single shell from the bolt guns and 2 or 3 out of ten at best with the semi autos. CCI is sending me a pre paid lable so I can send them back so they can check them out. Hopefully I'm not stuck with ammo I cant use. Bob
They will replace the ammo with the same , unless you ask for something different, maybe
Old 12-14-2018, 02:46 PM
vet6771
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Under the same circumstances they just returned the same ammo to me and said their ammo was OK. I wouldn't expect anything different from them if I were you.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:36 PM
ms6852
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I hope I don't have those issues. I have been focusing on building my stockpile on nothing but CCI. I have some cases that I have yet to open.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:23 AM
brutusfire

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have about 9000 rounds of other brands of 22 that function just fine in all my guns so I guess if it turns out they say the stuff is fine, Ill be going down that rabbit hole of testing to see what works best again. Thats not something I'm looking forward to.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:31 PM
TIKKAT1X

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
cci sv

lot f26za09 cci sv works well in my t1x mtr IMG_0014.jpg so do these 40 year old obsolete Canadian 22 lr I found.
Old 12-15-2018, 01:12 PM
brutusfire

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just thought I'd chime in here. I just returned from my local firearms dealers Xmas party and while my friend is talking to someone in he knows, they tell him they have a bunch of CCI SV that they cant use . I asked what the problem was and the stuff they bought wont eject either. They have several thousand rounds also. They said they are going to email me the lot # info to see if its from the same batch as mine. I then mentioned to the owner about my issue and he said he's heard of a few others recently with the same issue. Should be interesting to see if they do send me the info.
Old 12-15-2018, 01:23 PM
Dirty Whiteboy

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Just thought I'd chime in here. I just returned from my local firearms dealers Xmas party and while my friend is talking to someone in he knows, they tell him they have a bunch of CCI SV that they cant use . I asked what the problem was and the stuff they bought wont eject either. They have several thousand rounds also. They said they are going to email me the lot # info to see if its from the same batch as mine. I then mentioned to the owner about my issue and he said he's heard of a few others recently with the same issue. Should be interesting to see if they do send me the info.
Won't eject, do those rounds feel like a full power round, std round?
Old 12-15-2018, 01:36 PM
brutusfire

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They wont eject from my bolt guns or semis , its not an under powered issue.
Old 12-15-2018, 02:19 PM
flylo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
97% (149)
Sad to lose a good reputation over a bad run of ammo. They must know of the probem by now & should just admit it & get it behind them.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:41 AM
vet6771
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylo View Post
Sad to lose a good reputation over a bad run of ammo. They must know of the probem by now & should just admit it & get it behind them.
If only!
Old 12-21-2018, 11:07 AM
motovita

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
They wont eject from my bolt guns or semis , its not an under powered issue.
Do you mean won't eject, as in remaining in the guns action and holding the bolt open, or won't extract, as in remaining in the chamber?