Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:40 AM
brutusfire
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bad batch of CCI????

Over the last few years I've been buying 5 or 6 thousand rounds at a time of CCI SV when available and have never had a single problem with any of it until recently. As I ran out of the older stock I had on hand I started using the new stuff I bought and just about every other one would not eject from my CZ 455 Trainer. I then tried them in my Savage B22 FV and not a single one would eject, each one had to be pried out. I tried them in my CZ 455 Lux, Ultra Lux, 1022 and Marlin 60 with the same results, about every other one would not eject. I tried taking a box out of a few different bricks and all with the same results. My buddy tried using some of them in his Browning Buckmark and Savage MK11 and the same FTE on just about every other round. Anybody else having this problem? I purchased this ammo around the end of the Summer early Fall this year from a couple of different sources. Anybody have any experience dealing with CCI ?
Old 12-07-2018, 11:54 AM
jaia

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Yep....CCI is running those machines hard.
QC has been suffering and my recent purchases of SV have shown a pretty good mv spread.

ES matches vertical spread at 200 yards

Last edited by jaia; 12-07-2018 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:06 PM
PARADOXSEV
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusfire View Post
Over the last few years I've been buying 5 or 6 thousand rounds at a time of CCI SV when available and have never had a single problem with any of it until recently. As I ran out of the older stock I had on hand I started using the new stuff I bought and just about every other one would not eject from my CZ 455 Trainer. I then tried them in my Savage B22 FV and not a single one would eject, each one had to be pried out. I tried them in my CZ 455 Lux, Ultra Lux, 1022 and Marlin 60 with the same results, about every other one would not eject. I tried taking a box out of a few different bricks and all with the same results. My buddy tried using some of them in his Browning Buckmark and Savage MK11 and the same FTE on just about every other round. Anybody else having this problem? I purchased this ammo around the end of the Summer early Fall this year from a couple of different sources. Anybody have any experience dealing with CCI ?
0032 or 0035?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2018, 01:16 PM
brutusfire

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
0035 plus others.
Old 12-07-2018, 01:36 PM
Squeezer
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My rimfire database strikes again

Quote:
I have experienced no function failures through any of my rimfires.

Here is what I have found regarding CCI SV through my CZ455 Varmint over time:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CCI SV.JPG (36.5 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by Squeezer; 12-07-2018 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 05:03 PM
Empe

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I've gone through several bricks of recently purchased CCI Stnd Velo in several firearms with no issues at all.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:37 PM
brutusfire

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I tried some Federal, Aguila and some Fiocchi today and all of them ejected just fine from the CZ Trainer. I then tried several rounds of CCI sv from different boxes and almost all failed to eject. I contacted CCI and they say they are going to contact me next week with info to send them some of the bullets in question to try for themselves . Hopefully Im not going to get stuck with it. I guess its wait and see.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:29 PM
vet6771
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I have had exactly the same issue with the CCI SV ammo in my Savage Mark II BV. When the Mark II was brand new I got some CCI SV to try in it, and virtually every round would not extract. I had to pry them out. I posted on here and got a few comments about what might be wrong - I had assumed it might be the rifle, but ALL other brands functioned flawlessly in it. The BV has had several hundred rounds through it now and the action has loosened up and it is buttery smooth. Every ammo I have tried in it (at least 10 or 12) other then the CCI gives me no trouble. It isn't really an issue for me since there are plenty of rounds that function well in the BV and give me very good results. I am using the CCI in my Winchester 75 Target with excellent results, so the CCI will be used up. I even sent the CCI ammo (one brick) back to the company (they picked it up at my house and returned it with no charge to me) and they said there was nothing wrong with it. They didn't replace it with another Lot, but just returned it to me. They said the Lot F05ZA03 was current production from this year.

Last edited by vet6771; 12-07-2018 at 09:34 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:36 PM
Squeezer
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
June 5, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by vet6771 View Post
They said the Lot F05ZA03 was current production from this year.
According to my information, that Lot Code breaks out to June 5, 2018.

F = sixth month
05 = date
Z or ZA = 2018.

I have no idea what the 03 represents- perhaps the production line.

All my CCI ammo (AR, SV, MiniMag 40) from year Y or YA (2017) or from year Z / ZA (2018) performs flawlessly in my 8 rimfires: 3 bolt action, one slide action, two auto-feed, one revolver, one auto-load pistol.

The fact that CCI has had to resort to 'YA' and 'ZA' for the last two years is an indication to me of increased production.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:12 AM
brutusfire

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vet6771 View Post
I have had exactly the same issue with the CCI SV ammo in my Savage Mark II BV. When the Mark II was brand new I got some CCI SV to try in it, and virtually every round would not extract. I had to pry them out. I posted on here and got a few comments about what might be wrong - I had assumed it might be the rifle, but ALL other brands functioned flawlessly in it. The BV has had several hundred rounds through it now and the action has loosened up and it is buttery smooth. Every ammo I have tried in it (at least 10 or 12) other then the CCI gives me no trouble. It isn't really an issue for me since there are plenty of rounds that function well in the BV and give me very good results. I am using the CCI in my Winchester 75 Target with excellent results, so the CCI will be used up. I even sent the CCI ammo (one brick) back to the company (they picked it up at my house and returned it with no charge to me) and they said there was nothing wrong with it. They didn't replace it with another Lot, but just returned it to me. They said the Lot F05ZA03 was current production from this year.
All of my guns have many thousands of rounds through them and every other brand of ammo cycles without issue. I tried shooting some of the CCI yesterday along with the other brands , almost all the CCI failed to eject but the other brands did not . Sending the ammo back saying there was nothing wrong with it does not seem like a solution when there is clearly a problem with it. I asked my friend if he would mind taking a couple of his 22s to the range next week so he could try some of it and see how it fares , hes good with that so I've decided to do a complete cleaning, bolts and all on my guns over the weekend and see where were at. This way I can for all intents and purposes eliminate or lessen the issue being with my guns and not the ammo. I just find it odd that after countless thousands of rounds of the same brand and type of ammo being used without issue to have problems with every 22 LR gun I own with just the one brand. ??
Old 12-08-2018, 09:36 AM
Dirty Whiteboy

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
yes, i had problems with the sv, sent some back to cci, they said it was fine, i don't believe them. using old stock now.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1116626

Last edited by Dirty Whiteboy; 12-08-2018 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:23 AM
brutusfire

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Whiteboy View Post
yes, i had problems with the sv, sent some back to cci, they said it was fine, i don't believe them. using old stock now.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1116626
Im hoping that doesn't happen. Way back I bought 4 500 rd boxes of Remington Golden Bullets as they were the only thing available, I had the same problems with them. I contacted them and they sent a pre paid label to sent all 4 boxes back to them. About a week later they sent me a check for the 4 boxes saying they were sorry I had a problem with their ammo. Say what you like about Remington but that's the way to handle an issue with problematic product. Ive never touched Remington 22 ammo since but they certainly made me feel like they cared enough to not send back ammo that I could not use.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:33 AM
profsrgary

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
OK, I am not trying to be smart here as this is a serious question. Has anyone ever sent ammo back to the manufacturer and had the manufacturer admit there was actually a problem with the ammo? I haven't. I have had it replaced but never an explanation as to what caused the problem. Now that ammo is plentiful I no longer buy online. I pay more but I buy one box locally from a lot that is plentiful at the store and try it. If it works I go back and load up. If not I go somewhere else and try another lot. It costs more and is a little time consuming but for me it is worth it. BUT I am a hunter and I don't go through nearly as much ammo as many of you folks.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:35 PM
Dirty Whiteboy

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by profsrgary View Post
OK, I am not trying to be smart here as this is a serious question. Has anyone ever sent ammo back to the manufacturer and had the manufacturer admit there was actually a problem with the ammo? I haven't. I have had it replaced but never an explanation as to what caused the problem. Now that ammo is plentiful I no longer buy online. I pay more but I buy one box locally from a lot that is plentiful at the store and try it. If it works I go back and load up. If not I go somewhere else and try another lot. It costs more and is a little time consuming but for me it is worth it. BUT I am a hunter and I don't go through nearly as much ammo as many of you folks.
I talked to a rep at CCI, he did admit that they run "quiets" back to back with SV's, so they have had some quiets get mixed in with SV's, and that's how the rounds I had an issue with performed. BUT, the samples I sent them were all fine, from their testing. So???
Old 12-08-2018, 04:15 PM
Vigo

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I've had trouble with CCI not extracting in colder weather. It was happening on a couple older Winchester bolt actions I own, and on an older Savage NRA. Other ammo was working fine. The issue turned out to be excess wax on the CCI. The wax was down on the cases. Feed was a bit sticky, and after firing the round, the case would stick fast in the chamber because the excess wax was acting like glue. Wiping the cases down before loading solved the issue.

I have not had difficult with CCI ejecting, on the other hand. I'd be inclined to try a good set of calipers on the CCI that is giving you trouble and comparing it to ammo you know ejects well. I wonder if some case dimension is just off enough to jam your rifles. Maybe the rim thickness?