Sent from my 9029Z using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2020, 09:23 PM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Brian sometimes I wonder how you manage so we'll? I am at six years and I have a lot of bad nights.
Frank, you never forget, and the memories never completely fade. It's OK to remember, but you can't dwell on the loss, or it will destroy you. Time is a great healer if you let it. Not trying to sound harsh, mean, disrespectful, thoughtless or uncaring, but you have to let go to a point. I still have moments, we all do, and I get in a bit of a funk this time every year, but can't let blues become overwhelming. As Rhody said, she is alive in my heart, always.

When those special days such as birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, etc, approach, try to be aware they are coming and prepare mentally, at least be aware they are approaching so you're not bushwhacked emotionally. Keeping the mind and body busy helps tremendously. In an odd sort of way I was blessed in that I had two young teenage daughters on which to concentrate. They kept the mind and body busy.

I'm not any kind of expert or counselor of grief, just trying to share my thoughts and what's werked for me.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:25 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You're a good counselor because you have been there. also you are bs free..

Old 08-13-2020, 09:26 PM
Rock N TN

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
What did you order Rock?

Current one is a Canon PIXMA TS6320. The one that died was a TS3120. Print head dying. Color side died first. Just a matter of time for the black side to bite it.

Almost all consumer printers are assembled in China. Lots of factories still shuttered due to Novel Coronavirus

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2020, 09:28 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N TN View Post
Current one is a Canon PIXMA TS6320. The one that died was a TS3120. Print head dying. Color side died first. Just a matter of time for the black side to bite it.

Almost all consumer printers are assembled in China. Lots of factories still shuttered due to Novel Coronavirus

Checkout brother ecoprint cheap on ink.

Old 08-13-2020, 09:41 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My ink sales buddy in CA says Brother. I bought one. Its great. And still plenty of ink.

Out early to deliver produce boxes. Hope the rain holds off.

Goodnight Al, Sophia, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, Blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, AZ, Rock, SLS, OldDave, IHMS, Wayne, pans, Phil, Gerald, Atonic, labratt, M92, COW, jnyork, dlong, Ranger, koonta, zenaca, Wayne, W8LON, Greggie, Hawkeye, RichJ, Brent, Squirrel, vinbyr, nfcracin, GP, Gigi, TinCan, Mike, arjay, RonL, wr, OldSwede, JDWIN, dj, 404, 1917, Carrij, Mikey, JimWY, CMR, Johnny, rj, Rick, calibrian and all the rest.

Sleep tight
Old 08-13-2020, 09:59 PM
Rock N TN

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Checkout brother ecoprint cheap on ink.

That was no go number two.

Old 08-13-2020, 10:04 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N TN View Post
That was no go number two.

Yeah all the new wah people had to run and get printers.

Old 08-13-2020, 10:09 PM
Blackwolfe

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Yeah all the new wah people had to run and get printers.
And internet cameras.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:09 PM
Blackwolfe

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Goodnight Mayor.
Old 08-14-2020, 03:37 AM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
91 here @ 1 AM! RH 45%, wind S 13 G 22, under fair skies, feels like 94. We are under an 'excessive heat warning' thru Saturday, but you don't need anyone to tell you that its dangerously hot outside. Now forecast to be 106 ambient later today. Can you say miserable? Its just that, w/the humidity we have. Not fun.

Have sorted out and loaded two more flats of once & done/last rights 7/8's oz. 20 ga. dove & target loads on a MEC 600 Jr. trying to keep myself occupied today & drank a gallon of water or perhaps a bit more and a half gallon of milk just staying hydrated, inside! Strange in a sense, but when it gets this kind of blast furnace ugly hot like we've had all day, I don't much care for anything alcoholic. I find cool water and cold milk to be the better thirst quenchers. Bored half stupid; not w/o things to do, but not under any duress either and its too hot to even sit out back for more than five minutes w/o breaking out into an all encompassing sticky sweat. Could have grilled a steak earlier w/o need for the gas or fried eggs on the flagstones or bricks. If it weren't for ants, I'd almost be tempted to see if I could cook bacon on a flagstone. May put a few slices on a griddle on the grill tomorrow just to see what they do. If they don't cook thoroughly, I can wrap them around some hot dogs and grill them w/gas PDQ. Might not be the healthiest thing, but will taste good anyway.

Really dislike having a heat susceptibility issue and having to cool my jets inside, but once you ever cross that threshold and pass out from heat exhaustion or worse, have a heat stroke, your threshold for getting there again is greatly lowered as is the probability of survival. Its nothing to take lightly and it is well worth taking precautions, so that you never go there. Just saying. Its not something you want to think you are immune to. None of us is.

A 17 year old yute died yesterday after a workout w/his cross country team in one of the parks here. Can be big difference between a 17 yr. old yute w/daily chores on a farm vs. a gamer in the city too, where being in shape & stamina is concerned, but I wouldn't push either very hard in high humidity triple digit temps.

Police in Mesquite [an abutting town on the E side of Dallas] were instrumental in bringing down a crew of very bad apples yesterday:

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/08/12/...ing-operation/

The numbers involved are not only alarming but all of these larger 'busts' also point out the numbers of people out there making bad choices.. as end users of street drugs. Its a different kind of pandemic, but real enough.

We had a pretty young 32 yr. old mom w/two young daughters discovered dead in her SUV the other morning in a parking lot just off a busy freeway location after they'd been reported missing over the weekend. Lots of press before & just after they were found. Press was reluctant to cover it further when it was discovered that the mom had apparently gotten a bit too high from something she'd done earlier & then on the way to their destination got off the freeway and pulled in finding a spot to park and then apparently went on the nod & all three of them died.. from heat asphyxiation. I say that, but its a presumption on my part, not having read of the autopsy findings. Another real horror of the worst imaginable sort, that drives it home like a tent stake about the reach of illicit drugs and the danger of hot vehicles, to people and pets.
--

Apologies for the length and drift, but the mind wanders and then wonders, awash in news of every sort, not much ofvit good and anyway I took some license earlier being sarcastic about one variety of imaginary eagles. Should have made it grizzled buzzards, like one sees sitting on a boardwalk in movie set towns w/a cuspidor within spittin' distance.. or not said anything at all. None o'them old buzzards ever do, but after some new cat rides into town one of 'em is likely to spit, after the dust settles. Might take the next hour before one of them gets up and ambles off... w/nary a werd, but they all got the point. Not even the tumbleweed was interested in following that cat much further than Clem's kid could rope a post.. and that weren't very far.
--

Best I can figure, when I let Jack out earlier I got bit by an insomnia moth. The heat's been known to bring 'em out in August down here.

Old 08-14-2020, 04:14 AM
Mike Clark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
I ordered a 100ah AGM Deep Cycle Battery just now.

Big advantage to AGM vs. Sealed Lead Acid is that I can safely use 80% of it's capacity vs. 50%. An additional usable 30ah.

AGM batteries charge 5Xs faster than a Sealed Lead Acid, and can be mounted in any position. They are also more vibration resistant.

Not much more expensive.

One piece at a time, this will all come together.
You know Greg Thibodaux from the NRA (Friends of) ? He works for Chambers Industrial (Supply or whatever it is). He knows a bunch about batteries and chargers.
Old 08-14-2020, 04:24 AM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
Definately first place winner in the wood lottery.

I'll second the motion!

New neighbors behind us and they're really nice people. We went halfsies and replaced the twenty plus year old fence between our yards. They're doing the ususal new plants in the yard as one would do in a new to them house. Loaned them my digging bar and wheel barrow, and they in return graciously gave is two freshly bake loaves of bread when they returned the wheel barrow. We had bought this back saving two wheel wheel barrow back in the early 80's for major use at our second house. They still make the exact product but today it'll cost twice of what we paid last century.

Great garden tool so kept/used it all of these years. Did some garage cleaning this morning while reparking the wheel barrow in its place of honor. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
Our State has been asked to voluntarily participate in a (power) Flex Day tomorrow due to the highly probably 110. Hey maybe our State feerless leader Moo Goo Gai Pin will help save power and forego his daily noon time Gong Dai Wah report. Hope y'all power stays on and everybody stays cools.
My mom had that same model. It is way better than a construction wheel barrow for gardening and yard pick up. I'm going to get one some day.

Paid my electric bill a few minutes ago. It was 2.5x normal. I'm on a budget plan and this was the reconciliation month. There was comfort in every kilowatt/hour, I'll not complain too much.

Glad your new neighbors are good ones. Outside of the one who's kid shot me in the back, I've had pretty good ones.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 08-14-2020, 06:29 AM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good Morning RFC'rs, et al:

IT IS DONUT FRIDAY

Whilst I slumbered my solar panel made it from Memphis to Destrehan, La. It only stayed there for 18 minutes, and is now out for delivery.

Karen is going to love this package.

I'll be at werk.

My battery has left NE, and is now in Kansas City MO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Clark View Post
You know Greg Thibodaux from the NRA (Friends of) ? He works for Chambers Industrial (Supply or whatever it is). He knows a bunch about batteries and chargers.
There is more to know about batteries than I ever dreamed. I reached out to the mayor a couple of times, here in the bar, but he ignored me.
So I did my own research, and feel I'm adequately edumacated to keep this very expensive battery alive for a decade or more.
Thank you for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
. . . Outside of the one who's kid shot me in the back, I've had pretty good ones.
Wes; You can't make a statement like that in a bar room and leave it at that. Now we need the rest of the story.

None of y'all have come and cut my lawn, Al. It's getting taller. Getting an inch or so of rain a day isn't helping the situation atoll.
Tomorrow I only have to werk a few hours. I'll giter done then. I hope. If it's not raining.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 08-14-2020, 07:01 AM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Don, sorry I did not catch your requests.

Morning, 75 and cloudy.

Out the door to get produce boxes for delivery. Hope the rains hold off.

Chat later.