Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2020, 02:11 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

My Solar Panel has decided to skip the Memphis night life, and continue on it's journey.

No telling where it'll end up next, but I'm glad it's moving, and hope it's in my general direction.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:15 PM
wrwindsor
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good afternoon!

Got another hot one today, over 100F.

Looking forward to "low 90s" forecasted for next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
That's not how they rolled. When they engaged them at all they instead chose to co-op them or, where they couldn't, to play them off against each other.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Eagles View Post

Wifey's fish pond. Not green due to big filter and big pump for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Eagles View Post
Thanks. 208 gal stock tank from Tractor Supply. A project let me tell you. 6 big gold fish. She wants two more.
My wife has one of those stock tank ponds. We had to buy a big aquarium filter to clear it up as well. Hers is the oval one (also from TSC), measures 27"Wx46"Lx43"H.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:19 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I bought a used CZ 455 Varmint stock off of a member last week. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse
He lived in Virginia in a NC border town. I sent him a money order on Wednesday that he received on Saturday. He sent the stock USPS on Thursday, and I received it Saturday. It's not slow everywhere.

I wasn't looking for another stock, but for $50. plus shipping I couldn't pass.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:29 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Izzat a suthun sweetsicle or sumpin? What didja get for yourself? Al wondered to himself.

Nice puddytat COW.
It is a type of milkshake.

We make are own hummingbird nectar. We have a stainless pot that we only use for that.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:46 PM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye57 View Post
I bought a used CZ 455 Varmint stock off of a member last week. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse
He lived in Virginia in a NC border town. I sent him a money order on Wednesday that he received on Saturday. He sent the stock USPS on Thursday, and I received it Saturday. It's not slow everywhere.

That is VERY good to know.

Old 08-13-2020, 03:13 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Have had a nice day, so far. Took the Frau and wiener dogs on a little day trip to lovely Madison County on this picture perfect day. We even saw a few bridges.
Madison County contains the geographic center of the Empire state, and was also a major hop producer for many years/decades prior to Prohibition (another example of bans (any bans) never working). I'm happy to say that the hop industry is once again hopping.
We walked part of the Erie Canal, visited Chittenango Falls (where the only population of Chittenango Ovate Amber Snail on the planet exists - also, Chittenango is the home of L. Frank Baum, one of Splatz's favorite story tellers. ), I visited one of my favorite LGS's nearby (and snagged a brick of Eley Club Xtra ), and finally we stopped at a very out of the way little county park with some interesting history. See the picture and hopefully it will be readable.

Wurstsalat and half liters of Weizenbier from the fatherland for dinner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0857.JPG (350.5 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0862.JPG (224.2 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0863.JPG (378.9 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0869.JPG (273.1 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0871.JPG (194.6 KB, 75 views)
Old 08-13-2020, 03:19 PM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Received hand guard today finally in one package. Not sure what the deal was when it said two shipments. Double checked orders and nothing outstanding from Brownells pending so that will remain a snafu mystery.

Package from Larry due via UPS tomorrow. Last two UPS deliveries were made by a person in UPS uniform but in an older pickup with a cap that appeared to be a private vehicle. Larry order contains some difficult to obtain .380 auto ammo. Sometimes it pays to be afflicted with Vampire Syndrome and up all night when a back in stock notification is received.

Haven't seen my regular mail carrier in 3-4 weeks. Seems like a different carrier most days. Mail arrived after 6:00 one evening which had never happened before. I almost always get something in the mail, but days without any mail have been far more frequently lately, but not sure if that was just circumstance or a USPS issue, but one day numerous neighbors as well as myself didn't get any mail and no one saw a mail carrier in the hood.

91°A. Sunny.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:19 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

That alone would be worth buying a gun for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
It is a type of milkshake.

We make are own hummingbird nectar. We have a stainless pot that we only use for that.

As do we but its only sugar water.

Grub store wasn't busy, .

Lawn guy got all the bushes out and cleaned up in 2 hrs.. I payed him well as he'll need it rehabbing a 75 Mazda he just picked up that needs a new carb among other important parts to get it back on the road.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:22 PM
Blackwolfe

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Eagle vs EGLE drone story from my local news.

https://www.wsjm.com/2020/08/13/bald...lake-michigan/

State officials are investigating an incident out of the UP where a drone that was surveying erosion damage to the shoreline was attacked in mid-air by a bald eagle. The drone pilot was mapping the shoreline when the aircraft started twirling and sending back error messages. That’s when he saw the drone drop into the water, and an eagle fly away,

“A couple said they saw the eagle hit the drone,” says Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy communications manager Hugh McDiarmid. “Later on, the drone supervisor was in the area so he went out there with a mask and snorkel, but the water was really murky and he was unable to find it. So, the bald eagle won the battle of the eagle versus EGLE drone.”

He says they’re going to try to keep this from happening again by painting or skinning their drone so they don’t look so much like seagulls.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:00 PM
Blackwolfe

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Great looking stock Hawk!
Old 08-13-2020, 04:01 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Izzat a suthun sweetsicle or sumpin? What didja get for yourself? Al wondered to himself.
Best describes it as looks like a milkshake but is not. Loaded with coffee. Grind ice very small, add milk and a bunch of coffee. Squirt in some vanilla for me. Topped with whipped cream. Was my lunch. Wifey's too.

Speaking of Wifey. She called and is picking up large combination bar-b-q and fried chicken plates.

I'm drying out. So humid. Sat on folding hunting stool at back of big utility trailer under shelter. Installed LED lights. The old regular bulb ones stored in case I need them. Backed truck up to trailer. A chore as that pickup has horrible turning radius. Lots of flower gardens to dodge. Test all OK. Have another set for boat trail. Too hot to sit and do them.

Drinking a Corona with a lime. First one in three years.

Later.

PS: don't you know eagles always wins.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:01 PM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
Great stuff, Cow! We have always loved going to the Portland Zoo on your side of the continent - but I have yet to see it in sunshine...
I wouldn't go to Portland, with all the riots going on..

Quote:

Nice puddytat COW
The name of the place is the Cougar Mountain Zoo, conveniently located on Cougar Mountain. Yes they have big cats there, also wolves and reindeer...and statues, among other things.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_9790 giraffe.JPG (99.0 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by COW 54; 08-15-2020 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:11 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Quote:

Heck of a deal...
Old 08-13-2020, 04:18 PM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by COW 54 View Post
I wouldn't go to Portland, with all the riots going on..

Fortunately, a) we were there before the rioting, and b) the Zoo is miles away from the 4-block area the riots happen in.

Last time they were rebuilding some habitats, and had some weird things on display.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _SCB3463A_resize.jpg (190.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg _SCB3470A_resize.jpg (184.8 KB, 7 views)

Old 08-13-2020, 04:34 PM
flyingsquirrel
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Hawkeye, I don't have a CZ but I would buy that stock in a heartbeat at that price.
Closed Thread