Old 10-14-2015, 11:29 PM
TRIPPSTER
US Marines Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGunner View Post
That's one heck of a nice setup!

Question- HOW MANY ROUNDS of ammo did you lay out for the pics?

Great camera work, too.

DrGunner
Thank you DrGunner, it is my training rig, it was around 20,000 rounds
Old 10-21-2015, 08:20 AM
Markbo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Did I leave anyone out?

While Tactical is not my thing, that is super impressive. I LOVE the case work... that is a thing of beauty! A clear sign of an OCD mind!
Old 11-09-2015, 09:37 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Bump

Old 11-17-2015, 04:47 PM
Les1911
UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Utimate 10/22 KT A.K.A. Kidd/Terminator

I am entering my Ultimate 10/22 Kidd/Terminator. I built KT to compete in the games on RFC mostly 1” at 100yds that's why it has a 10x50x60 Sightron SIII Series on top of it. I added a lot of wt. to the stock KT weighs in at 15 1/2 lb. loaded. Next summer I plan on shooting ABRA with it. Thanks for looking.
Les1911

Here is a full description of my build.
Rifle- Kidd/Terminator
Barrel-20” Stainless Steel Kidd .920
Receiver-Kidd, (Kidd Rear Tang, Pins and Buffer), 2 piece, Brass Pillar and Devcon by Les1911
Bolt-Kidd
Trigger-Kidd two stage 3oz,3oz
Scope-10x50x60 Sightron SIII Series, Burris Signature Zee Rings
Stock-Mike Turner Maple and Walnut with unknown center wood
Stock Finish Tru-Oil by lbJennings
Stock Brass Butt Plate by Les1911

The wood on ether side of the Walnut is unknown to me maybe Mike Turner could help.

The last target put KT on top of the leader board 1" at 100yds!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out the links to KT

Link to KT build

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=596635

Link to Mike Turner BR stock

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=597816

Thanks duclu60 for the nudge.
Les1911

Last edited by Les1911; 11-17-2015 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-17-2015, 06:44 PM
dbr65
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (230)
Absolutely beautiful, Les!!! humb: And it shoots pretty good, too.

Doug
Old 11-17-2015, 10:05 PM
Les1911
UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr65 View Post
Absolutely beautiful, Les!!! humb: And it shoots pretty good, too.

Doug
Doug You Gunner and Azguy set the bar really high with your wood stock rifles. Myrtlewood beauty is a beauty you have a great build. Trippser your rig is very impressive also.
Dave
A.K.A. Les1911
Old 11-19-2015, 05:31 PM
turmite
National Guard

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Hi Dave,

Stock came out beautiful. To answer your question about the three layers on either side of the center piece of walnut they are natural maple or birch both of which are blonde in color, then a black layer and finally a purple layer. Something I tried on this stock, and a couple of others, is to taper the center laminate to help keep as much of the figured maple on the butt stock as possible. This technique has pros and cons. The pro of course is the fancy wood on the outside of the butt can be kept to a large degree. The cons, is because it is tapered, it is a bear to get the mounting holes centered from side to side and true to the centerline of the stock. Another con, at least in my opinion, is the center core laminates show more toward the front of the butt stock than the rear! If you notice you stock from a side view, the colored laminates begin to show more at the front!

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les1911 View Post
I am entering my Ultimate 10/22 Kidd/Terminator. I built KT to compete in the games on RFC mostly 1 at 100yds that's why it has a 10x50x60 Sightron SIII Series on top of it. I added a lot of wt. to the stock KT weighs in at 15 1/2 lb. loaded. Next summer I plan on shooting ABRA with it. Thanks for looking.
Les1911

Here is a full description of my build.
Rifle- Kidd/Terminator
Barrel-20 Stainless Steel Kidd .920
Receiver-Kidd, (Kidd Rear Tang, Pins and Buffer), 2 piece, Brass Pillar and Devcon by Les1911
Bolt-Kidd
Trigger-Kidd two stage 3oz,3oz
Scope-10x50x60 Sightron SIII Series, Burris Signature Zee Rings
Stock-Mike Turner Maple and Walnut with unknown center wood
Stock Finish Tru-Oil by lbJennings
Stock Brass Butt Plate by Les1911

The wood on ether side of the Walnut is unknown to me maybe Mike Turner could help.

The last target put KT on top of the leader board 1" at 100yds!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out the links to KT

Link to KT build

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=596635

Link to Mike Turner BR stock

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=597816

Thanks duclu60 for the nudge.
Les1911
Old 11-20-2015, 01:19 PM
azguy

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doclu60 View Post
No matter how the colors show, or what they are made of, these stocks perform as good as anything out there.

When Dave built this rifle, he got top of the line components for his end use of the rifle. He also preformed DIY techniques proven to enhance accuracy, and did them well. The results that have been attained by those choices are better than anything else posted here. This rifle shoots excellent targets, better than any targets posted by any of the other nominated rifles, better than rifles NOT entered in the contest. To go a step further, the wood is extremely attractive.

Bling and accuracy is what makes an 'Ultimate' contest gun. This rifle has a good bit of the first, and hands down the best of the other. I wouldn't want to shoot against this rifle in a match, unless I thought loosing was okay.

Great job Dave, and Mike, for a truly great execution of a very pretty rifle that does exactly what it was made for, great bench performance (accuracy and precision) and excellent looks.

What other rifle in this contest can claim to do both, or more to the point, demonstrate it?................... JMO
One man's opinion........

Wow! Not quite sure how to respond to being "called out" like this, lol. I think the "uniqueness" of a build also comes into play. I don't believe I need to vociferously defend the submittal of the quilted maple build. Just sayin it matches your requirements....... and more.....JMO
(please be sure to take this in the lighthearted, pulling of your chain manner, that is intended.....)

Last edited by azguy; 11-20-2015 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-20-2015, 03:20 PM
azguy

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
Quote:
Ok George, chain yank accepted!! I didn't really 'call' anyone out though. The rifle I posted about is the new top dog on the 100yd group game. It has been a while since that position changed hands, (maybe never, that game was here before me, so don't know for sure) and that distance is very hard to conquer with a .22lr. A Mach 2 or HMR is better suited for that distance due to velocity and better BC of the bullet.

If a rifle in the contest had a better documented target, by the 'Meisters', I would have commented about it as well. None have and I was simply pointing out the facts, not calling anyone out.

I really don't see anything entered that will beat your quilted maple sporter for first place. It is a gorgeous piece of work. That being said, you know I am a BR guy and would certainly like to see a very nice looking target rifle at least make the final three. For it's intended end use, KT shows the best results in my eye for what it was designed to do, and it's Turner stock is very nice looking. To say, first place results in the most difficult game on the 10/22 forums, using a ballistic inferior cartridge to the Mach 2.

Comparing your rifle and Dave's rifle is apples to oranges. Different styles, different calibers. One built as a well executed show rifle, the other a working target gun with a fancy wood stock that shoots lights out.

I sincerely hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving holiday!!

Later brother.
Thanks for the kind words Scott. And just to clarify, the quilted maple is a WORKING gun and will be used for squirrel hunting. Though I do appreciate the sentiment. Different strokes for different folks, lol.

And to be sure, I am not casting aspersions on Les's rifle, nor Mike's work. Nor anyone else's work on their rifles. Great builds all, in my view. Just in case anyone might perhaps take it that way, my sincerest apologies. These types of posts can go in the wrong direction very easily.

And to EVERYONE, may you and yours have the Happiest of Thanksgivings. Stay aware and be safe!
Old 11-20-2015, 08:00 PM
Fat-N-Lazy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Amazing, that's the most beautiful stock I've ever seen.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:21 PM
turmite
National Guard

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat-N-Lazy View Post
Amazing, that's the most beautiful stock I've ever seen.

Which one?????
Old 11-20-2015, 10:29 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
No matter how the colors show, or what they are made of, these stocks perform as good as anything out there.

When Dave built this rifle, he got top of the line components for his end use of the rifle. He also preformed DIY techniques proven to enhance accuracy, and did them well. The results that have been attained by those choices are better than anything else posted here. This rifle shoots excellent targets, better than any targets posted by any of the other nominated rifles, better than rifles NOT entered in the contest. To go a step further, the wood is extremely attractive.

Bling and accuracy is what makes an 'Ultimate' contest gun. This rifle has a good bit of the first, and hands down the best of the other. I wouldn't want to shoot against this rifle in a match, unless I thought loosing was okay.

Great job Dave, and Mike, for a truly great execution of a very pretty rifle that does exactly what it was made for, great bench performance (accuracy and precision) and excellent looks.

What other rifle in this contest can claim to do both, or more to the point, demonstrate it?................... JMO
First off, my sincerest to Les1911 for topping the 100 yard game. That score is amazing and he should be very proud.

I have shot this rifle 3 times at 100, below is the best card so far, just over 1/2 MOA at 100 is no slouch, eh?................. JMO

7" of fresh snow here tonight so it will be some time before I make another attempt- but .103" out of first is doable....

And in the spirit of yanking chains- I didn't happen to see doclu60 anywhere on the 100 yard game

Maybe next season

Bill40178: 3 group= .533" 4 group= .576"

10ring1 : 3 group= .514" 4 group= .552"

Magwa: 3 group= .524" 4 group= .559"

Final scores- 3 group= .524" 4 group= .562"
Old 11-21-2015, 08:55 AM
Fat-N-Lazy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmite View Post

Which one?????

Les1911
in post #37
Old 11-21-2015, 09:31 AM
dbr65
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (230)
Well, Sophia, having read those posts before you deleted them, I wasn't sure whether they were meant as read, i.e., insults, at first blush, or some, as said, "yanking chains". But knowing that these guys know each other well and shoot together, I truly believe it was good natured, even if a bit brutal, ribbing. But I suspect some here wouldn't read it that way. Just my humble perspective.

Doug
Old 11-21-2015, 09:37 AM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Thanks for that perspective, Doug, but it makes me wonder if you really saw all of them. From my perspective the one that generated the responses was clearly out of bounds.