Tell me how to make simple fried rabbit and squirrel. - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:36 AM
284wahoo
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)

Wonder how OPís rabbit turned out last year? As a side note to anyone thinking about frying up game or chicken....time permitting, it serves you well to put the meat in the frig over night uncovered so it dries the outside well. After that when you are ready to cook it, dip in buttermilk before flour. When frying, DO NOT continuously turn! Leave on each side till that side is done. For large chicken pieces like thighs or rabbit you might need 7-10 minutes per side.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:41 AM
fourbore
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It helps to soak the rabbit in salt water over night in the refrigerator. Squirrel should be the same. It makes a big difference.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:37 PM
langenc
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I know this is about frying. My Mother roasted many pheasant/rabbit/muskrats for us and they were always delicious. She aways roasted a chicken or two on occasion, also.

My wife has kinda followed suit but the roastees are fewer and farther between.

My wife gives young brides one of those small roasters/blue/white speckled for a shower gift-perfect for one chicken.

Sorry for the highjack.