December 2013 Ultimate 10-22 Contest Entry Thread - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:35 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
December 2013 Ultimate 10-22 Contest Entry Thread

Novembers contest went very well with 9 firearms entered and 278 members voting in the final.

My sincere CONGRATULATIONS to Outlinkk, Hipshot, and JoeBobber for their MUCH DESERVED WIN in the November UotM contest!!!

The prizes for this month will be provided by Kidd Innovative Design, Green Mountain Rifle Barrels, JWH bolts, Que, Raven Eye Custom, and Gunsmither Tools.

Kidd is THE Ultimate of the Month Title Sponsor.

The December Contest sponsors are Green Mountain Rifle Barrels, JWH Bolts, Que, Raven Eye Custom, and Gunsmither Tools.

December Prizes will be:

First Place:

A $150 Coupon redeemable for merchandise from Kidd Innovative Design, A $100 Merchandise Credit redeemable at Green Mountain Rifle Barrels, A JWH Custom Laser Engraved CNC 10-22 Bolt, and a Raven Eye Custom Titanium 10-22 Tune Up Kit.

Second Place:

A $100 Coupon redeemable for merchandise from Kidd Innovative Design, A $50 Merchandise Credit redeemable at Green Mountain Rifle Barrels, Ruger Bolt with Tune Up and Jewelling by Que, and a Raven Eye Custom Titanium 10-22 Tune Up Kit.

Third Place:

A Gunsmither 10-22 Tool Kit and a Raven Eye Custom Titanium 10-22 Tune Up Kit.

MY SINCERE THANKS TO Kidd Innovative Design, our Ultimate of the Month Sponsor, and to Green Mountain Rifle Barrels, JWH Custom Bolts, Que, Gunsmither Tools and Raven Eye Custom for their generous sponsorship of the December 2013 contest!!!!

2013 Ultimate 10/22 Contest Rules:

NOTICE: Voting through multiple usernames using a proxy server is against contest AND RFC rules and can result in a member being permanently banned from the contest and from RFC.

ELIGIBILITY and PRIZES

MEMBERS- PAST, PRESENT, ACTIVE, INACTIVE, or PASSED AWAY, are ALL ELIGIBLE.
RIFLES that are BUILT BY MEMBERS and sold to NON MEMBERS are ELIGIBLE for the BUILDER to receive prizes.
RIFLES built by NON MEMBERS and bought by MEMBERS are ELIGIBLE.

If you NOMINATE a RIFLE, the CURRENT OWNER is first in line for prizes.
If the OWNER is unavailable, prizes revert to the BUILDER.
IF BOTH the OWNER and BUILDER are UNAVAILABLE, prizes go to the NOMINATING MEMBER.

ALL RULES REGARDING MEMBER STATUS APPLY.

Ultimate Build Characteristics- These are the areas to be considered when judging rifles and casting your votes:

Originality: Is there anything unique/different about the build?

Material Quality: Simple- what components and materials- Fit & Finish.

Execution: How well does it function? Is it thrown together, or did the builder pay attention to detail, such as paint/polish/customization/ergonomic adaptation

Accuracy: we need a standard. I propose MOA to 50 for scoped rigs as a minimum, and either 2 or 3 MOA to 25 or 50 for iron sight rigs as a minimum.

Artistic Impression: that overall X factor that makes a rifle cool-

Personally, I want this contest to be INCLUSIVE, not EXCLUSIVE.

That means builds that are exceptional, for whatever reason, have a shot.

BR, Tactical, Offhand Custom, Superstock, OEM- ANY 10-22 Variant should be considered.

It might be incredibly beautiful, with no submitted targets.

It might be a hand built, full custom, that looks better than it shoots.

It might be comprised of all aftermarket parts, but was assembled, tuned, bedded maybe refinished and has the targets to prove the work behind it.

It might be a Tactical, well thought out with all the right parts and purpose built.

It might be a plain Jane 10-22 that shoots incredible bug holes and is in pristine condition.

It might be one of the early serial numbers- unfired, NIB, representing our origins.

Leave it to the members to vote and decide.

Tell us about our rifle. Everything you can- and post pictures. I cannot stress this enough, good quality pictures will likely make or break some entries in this contest.
You CAN post a link to another thread, if appropriate, or to your own or another members rifle in one of the picture threads.

PLEASE POST A BIO, BUILD SPECS, TARGETS AND PHOTOS IN THE SUBMISSION THREAD! You may also wish to post a link to the original build thread, if applicable.

IF MEMBERS DON'T SEE IT, YOUR RIFLE WILL NOT CAPTURE ATTENTION AND VOTES!

Submissions/nominations will be accepted from 12/1-12/10

There will be a PRELIMINARY VOTE held from 12/10-12/20 to narrow the field to THREE FINALISTS. MEMBERS will be allowed to cast THREE votes in the preliminary poll to vote for the rifles they consider to be the top three.

The final vote will be in blind poll form, held from 12/20-12/30.

RFC MEMBERS who are INTERESTED in having a contest run in another forum, OTHER THAN Ruger 10-22s, please PM or email me and we will look into expanding this into other areas of RFC in the coming months or in 2014.

Contestants: PLEASE NOTE -posting vote requests for your entries on the forum is against contest rules.

Respectfully,

DrGunner

Last edited by DrGunner; 12-01-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:09 PM
azguy

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
WOW! GREAT prizes this month! Way to go Doc. If you will get that Eliminator BR completed I'll nominate it!
Old 12-01-2013, 01:44 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy View Post
WOW! GREAT prizes this month! Way to go Doc. If you will get that Eliminator BR completed I'll nominate it!
It has been renominated twice since July, I declined both times because it had its shot and took third in July (ironically, the only month with no third place prizes) nothing had changed. Now that it will be in its own, full custom stock it's a different platform and deserves another vote. I plan on starting the bedding process tonight by installing the front pillar and escutcheon. I posted a thread on it with pics poached from your stock thread, in Ultimates entitled E-L-K Version 2.0

Thanks again for helping me realize my vision by making the awesome BR Eliminator stock for me- Azguy, You are a ROCKSTAR!!!!

I will gladly accept the nomination. Hopefully we will get some weather UP in the 40s before the final vote so I can at least shoot some 25 yard groups with it in the new lumber

Warmest Regards,

DrGunner

Old 12-03-2013, 01:22 PM
DTakas

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
-----

Last edited by DTakas; 01-01-2019 at 07:08 AM.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Blacknboostn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Dtakas,

I have eyed that build many times before... That is SO COOL! Good luck man!

DrGunner, if she shoots half as good as she looks and as well as I know she can...
Old 12-04-2013, 07:46 PM
azguy

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
I hereby officially nominate DrGunners Eliminator BR build. He can add the details.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:48 PM
JoeBobber

TPC Rating: 
99% (72)
Great call azguy!!!! I think rokehe's first ultimate, groovie 2.0 should be in. It has such a nice look to it, and accurate too!!

Last edited by JoeBobber; 12-04-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:18 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Fat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy View Post
I hereby officially nominate DrGunners Eliminator BR build. He can add the details.
Thanks, Buddy.

I finished the bedding and got it to the range today. I shot the vaunted "4-Z" card, a feat I have tried to accomplish for over 3 years.
(Four 5 shot groups under .1"@ 25yards)

FAT BOY:

Revolution Eliminator stock in "Timber" color, with custom forend, rear coffin bottom buttstock and custom buttplate masterfully done by Azguy.
Pillar and Devcon bedded
1" Bronze Ruger eagle medallion countersunk into bottom of pistol grip
Bisley adjustable butt plate
1/4-20 takedown screw
Kidd Classic black rcvr with rear tang 20 MOA rail
Lilja 21" Stainless Match barrel, floated
Kidd receiver pins and buffer
Kidd silver scalloped bolt
Kidd 2 stage trigger w/straight red trigger, 3oz/5oz, custom skullie mag release and charging handle by Chaser
Scope: Mueller 8-32x44 Side Focus target scope on Leupold QRW rings, low

LINK to the BUILD THREAD:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=527301

25 yard target, 5 shots per group:

Measured with OnTarget by Bill40718
3 group AVG= .074"
4 group AVG= .081"

Measured with OnTarget by Dr Heckel
3 group AVG= .071"
4 group AVG= .077"

Measured with OnTarget by Ron 1738
3 group AVG= .077"
4 group AVG= .083"

Measured with OnTarget by philoshop

Edit- I was just made aware that philoshop used a reference measurement from my target that was short because I cut off the line in the photograph I sent. This was caught by Uber Target Meister Bill40718, and philoshop remeasured the card. His revised numbers are:

3 group AVG= .070"
4 group AVG= .076"

So, I took my OFFICIAL SCORE to be the average of the Target Meister's findings:

3 Group AVG: .073"
4 Group AVG: .079"

MY THANKS to our Target Meisters for their selfless volunteer commitment to keeping the scoring of these games fair and equitable for all of us!!!!

Warmest Regards,

DrGunner

Last edited by DrGunner; 12-19-2013 at 08:53 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:04 AM
azguy

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
WOW!!! awesome marksmanship Doc. Who,d a thought you could make a 10/22 into a LASER! How did Fatboy feel and more importantly, how did that butt shape ride the bags?
Old 12-05-2013, 05:50 AM
williamwallace
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Game Over!! Congrats Doc. Beautiful piece of Art you have
Old 12-05-2013, 09:29 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (54)
Groovie

I joined the RFC forum earlier this year. Like a lot of you, I had been a life long shooter and hunter.

Shortly after I joined, I was struck with 10/22itis. My love of the carbines and sporters was fed from the rifles I saw posted in the super stock forum. I had a birch 10/22 carbine that sent many thousands of rounds down range. It didn't stay stock for long.

A short while later, a fellow member offered his Tuck replica finger groove stock for sale on the tpc. I grabbed it, added a polished receiver, Que bolt, 19"GMHT, a SwampFox Trigger, and a Mueller APV. All very appropriate for a super stock.

The rifle was immediately my best shooter. The first change was to add the Kidd single stage set at 1.5#.

I was in progress with a few other builds at the same time so this one sat for a while. By this time, I wanted to shoot my carbines and other sporters at a level that would be competitive with the ultimate rifles. I started hanging around and reading the ultimate forum and applying the things I learned to my super stocks. DrGunner was a huge influence. His bedding techniques and the Gunner cleaning tools along with lots of practice started to show gains.

I bought a used 18" polished Kidd .920 and bolted it on.

I have developed friendships with several members along the way. With some coaching on bench techique, more gains were being realized. At one point I was loaned a Mueller 8x32x44 to try for a while. I think I kept it for over a month.

This last card was for a short time, the leader on the 25yd MOA game. The rifle was getting better and better but I still couldn't get it on the board at 50yds. One day I shot this card but noticed that I had forgotten to shoot the sizers. Who can forget this one?

Well, like before, I got distracted and started working on other builds. Some have far exceeded the performance of the 2.0 version at the 50yd bench.

Last edited by rokehe; 12-05-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:42 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (54)
version 3.0

I wanted a carry/hunting rifle and some of my other builds have exceeded version 2.0 on the bench.
So, I put this together:
Walnut Tuck replica finger groove
Kidd classic receiver with zero moa rail
Kidd black cnc bolt, guide rod, and standard spring
Ruger magnum charging handle
Kidd two stage trigger 8oz/8oz
Kidd 18" Ultra Light Weight barrel
Mueller 8x32x44 Target scope
Burris Signiture Zees

Last edited by rokehe; 12-05-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:03 PM
ChukGA

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I figured I'd just post this.... had some fun today at the range using SK Std+... I am actually pretty surprised the difference was noticeable ... anyways... I am twitchy so it didn't matter too much...

My rifle is a ruger receiver bolt and trigger assembly (which will be swapped out for better [all but receiver]) Kidd 16.5 Fluted Bead Blasted Barrel, Hogue OM, Caldwell Bipod, and Mueller APV 4.5-14 x 40 w/ a couple sunshades on there...

Last edited by ChukGA; 12-05-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:43 AM
jackalope33b
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Rifle Name- "Justice"
Owner- Jackalope33B
Builder- Jackalope33B

Here we have a KIDD build. Currently, it has a 18" KIDD bull barrel topped off with a YHM Mite Suppressor. The 2 Stage KIDD trigger is set at 8/8 and breaks nicely. KIDD receiver houses the "scalloped" KIDD bolt and buffer. Optics is the Vortex Rimfire 2-7x32 scope with the Vortex anit cant bubble. Glass is crystal clear and tracks perfectly.
Holding this beast up is a Atlas V8 bipod. Stock is a Revolution Talon in Fire/Ice

She shoots CCI Standards like a dream!

When she was announced to the world :

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=523598

Last edited by DrGunner; 12-06-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:05 PM
J31968

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
Am I worthy................

Here is link to my build thread. I would like to ask your consideration for entry in this months contest. Thank

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...=1#post4813985