J. C. Higgins 44DL - Marlin 57 Levermatic - Disassembly/Assembly - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:12 PM
luckydawg13
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

thank you for this post parts are on the way just hope i can put it all back in
after i get them
Old 01-08-2012, 11:54 PM
jchigginsnigga

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Please help me

Does anyone know where i can buy the cover screw in picture 7???????
Old 01-08-2012, 11:59 PM
NAA_Silent
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchigginsnigga View Post
Does anyone know where i can buy the cover screw in picture 7???????
You can try calling Numrich. Even tho they show out of stock, sometimes they have the part anyway. Another option is any pan head screw from a hardware store that has the proper threads. You may have to file the head down a little to clear the stock. It's a non stressed part, so any screw that holds the cover in place without hitting the stock will work.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Salps

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Will this work for a 57M ?

Newbie from the great nw. Just got my 57M last week. I searched for 57m threads and this is the only one I could find... Wondering if if this disassembly method will work for 57M also. I have searched the web a lot with little success. Mine's a 1966ish variation.
Any info would be great.
Thanks Scott

Last edited by Salps; 05-04-2012 at 09:20 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-04-2012, 08:39 PM
NAA_Silent

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I can't tell you for certain if they are the same, but the Numrich parts fiche for the 57M looks exactly like the 57 to me
Old 05-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Salps

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks, all I really want to do is remove action from stock and clean everything including bore as best I can. I don't dare disassemble any more, would have a bucket of parts real easy...
Old 05-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Salps

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Took apart my 57m yesterday. The instructions work fine, couldn't get receiver side plate off but I didn't try very hard. Lot's of pins.
Thanks again for the info.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Jinkeez

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Marlin Tag Hanger - Parts Diagram

Hi Guys, new user here, and new to firearms as well -- my newly-acquired, first ever rifle is the Marlin 57m! I've got quite a bit to learn, but in the course of my research, I ran across a tiny parts diagram on eBay that presumably hung from the rifle when it was new. I bought the reproduction and wanted to share the scan with you all since it seems like that info might be handy to have.

EDIT: These images are big and kind of break the formatting of the thread, so I resized them. The full-size images are available here:

http://www.padwick.net/marlin/marlin1.jpg
http://www.padwick.net/marlin/marlin2.jpg

Last edited by Jinkeez; 07-06-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:31 PM
NAA_Silent

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice find
Old 08-06-2012, 10:08 AM
mfguru

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wow these are great helpful pictures. Bought a 56 on Saturday and ran down to the range with my son. It shot very well and was very accurate albeit there were a few misfires. So I took it apart for cleaning using your pics as a backup. I stopped short of a complete take down but found a couple of differences from the pictures right off the bat. My second take down screw (rear one) is on top of the and screws into a threaded connection the juts up from the trigger guard. When I remove the side plate and the safety, there is the lever catch with a spring on top to bring it froward. THis is unlike your pictures which has the spring and the catch on the bottom under the trigger block. I stopped there for the moment but thought I would add the comment about the differences for reference if others are finding differences.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:02 PM
crash594
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Funny you saying is the same as a Marlin. I just ordered a new firing pin and it was list under Savage parts. Just for a note.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:38 AM
gatekeeperz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
NAA_Silent, great job on your posting, this will help Levermatic owners for years to come.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:13 PM
fourtraxmc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thank you for the great write-up. I just purchased a Marlin 57 in pieces, but in fair shape. This will be priceless when it's time to put it together!
Old 03-01-2015, 09:58 PM
Les Staley

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Revelation model 115

Western Auto Supply AKA Marlin 57 Levermatic. Bought one in poor shape for $50 at a local gunshow coupla weeks back. Front takedown threads stripped, screw missing. Drilled and tapped a new hole, had to go 5/16 24 , re drilled stock to accept new sized bolt..gun feeds, fires and ejects just fine. Gonna add a Williams peep sight out of my stash. Needs a new buttplate and could use a stock refinish, but will make a good truck gun just like it is..
Old 11-24-2016, 11:36 AM
Victor N TN
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks... a little late, but thanks

Thanks so much for the wonderful photos and step by step walk through.

I have a 1963 or 4 model 57 it has a removable box magazine.

In my younger days especially, it brought home a BUNCH of squirrels. But the safety always fired the rifle when it was taken off. I just stopped using it all together. After I got married the BIGGER gun bug bit me. But the little Marlin still holds a special place in my heart.

I may get my head clear from all the prescription meds and tear it down and tinker on it a bit.

Thanks again for the write up and all the clear photos.

Victor