The Watering Hole7-22-2019 - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 11:32 AM
gewehrfreund
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)

I trekked up to the monthly silhouette shoot in Waterloo (birthplace of Memorial Day) this AM. It has been a good 25 years since I last shot in an organized silhouette match. I also used to belong to the Waterloo club when I lived closer and always enjoyed shooting there; they both indoor and various outdoor ranges; much nicer and more active than my grumpy old redneck shotgun type club.

The CZ 452 LH was able to topple 30 targets, even with me shooting it!

Spousal unit is at church, so now all I have to do is decide whether to have a lemonade or a much more appropriate Frühschoppen beer.
Old 07-21-2019, 11:38 AM
JVStalin
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Smile Can I play , too ?

In , out , back again .
Old 07-21-2019, 11:42 AM
robs9

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong View Post
Sears is usually double what an independent contractor would be. What kind of heat? Forced hot air with duct work in place? I like the split units if you don’t mind a unit on the wall. They can do both heat and AC. I have a split in FL. Unit on the terrace with wall unit right inside. No noise, and cools the whole 850 sq ft apt . Never used the heat option.
Heat is gas fired forced hot air. Ducts in installed. Apparently when furnace was installed it was not vented correctly. Return is restricted and should be corrected. By adding another return in living room. Both estimators picked up on that. I also wanted to add heat to my cellar. Which is were all my hobbies are done. And is cold the winter. CT.
We did look at Ductless and even though I like the idea of having (zoned) heat and air. But it really doesn't do the whole house. And we would end up using fans to do the other rooms. And we don't really like the idea of having the units on the walls. They are not exactly small. And don't like having the supply lines/pipes running down the sides and back of the outside the house.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Old 07-21-2019, 12:51 PM
flyingsquirrel

TPC Rating: 
100% (40)
Snoozed and loozed but here for the week I hope
Old 07-21-2019, 01:12 PM
dlong

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robs9 View Post
Heat is gas fired forced hot air. Ducts in installed. Apparently when furnace was installed it was not vented correctly. Return is restricted and should be corrected. By adding another return in living room. Both estimators picked up on that. I also wanted to add heat to my cellar. Which is were all my hobbies are done. And is cold the winter. CT.
We did look at Ductless and even though I like the idea of having (zoned) heat and air. But it really doesn't do the whole house. And we would end up using fans to do the other rooms. And we don't really like the idea of having the units on the walls. They are not exactly small. And don't like having the supply lines/pipes running down the sides and back of the outside the house.

If the duct work is already in, then central AC is a no brainer. Your still going to have one supply line up the house into the attic for the fan and whatever other unit goes in the attic. One of the reasons why I never put in central AC besides being cheap was I didn’t want to lose attic space to the AC unit. I may do a split since the one 18000 btu wall unit in the dining room cools the whole downstairs. I could also bring another unit right up into the master bedroom since the location of the outside unit is perfect and I have 220 right there for the wall unit. I’m just done at this point putting money into the house. Let the next owner take the baton like I did 26 years ago. Another year and the mortgage is done if I just don’t decide to just pay it off and be done with it. My daughter lives in Stamford. She has become very Connecticutized.
......Tom Petty
Old 07-21-2019, 01:29 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robs9 View Post
What does everyone think about doing business with them?
Seeing I'm included with "everyone" not so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post

My 'post' will jump around before settling down and becoming stable. Reply page is slow to populate. The horror! I'd like to take a fly swatter toit.
RFC is having trouble with the auto-sizing of some folks pix and may take 10 seconds sometimes to get em right, for me.

Finn and her cousin are guessing what a 5.5 mo. puppy is thinking while the dog is obviously confused by their stumbling confusion.

Even after soaking the raw hose end in hot water I could not insert the the hose coupling in the HD hose. As its only 22' L I'll just buy another to replace it.
I wanted to give some Nitro to the new grass before watering and had a a case of Szumitis which had me doubting if I even brought it. Watered the grass and then found it of course. Finn won't let me water anymore lest they want to water the dog.

Tigers don't look like last place today.

Whitecaps @ 58.1˚F....brrr
Old 07-21-2019, 01:32 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
ETA both our places have AC compressors outside hidden from view.
Old 07-21-2019, 01:40 PM
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I went over to sisters hoping to take a bird picture. Birds are not flying today.

Heck, even the bees and other bugs are taking a break. I think I'm getting the hint.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 07-21-2019, 01:46 PM
Rhody
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Currently at my happy place on the beach. 92° and sunny with a beautiful breeze coming off the ocean. The water is spectacular as are the bikini clad wimmens.

R

Last edited by Rhody; 07-22-2019 at 09:00 AM.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:11 PM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
In.

Came across this by chance on the net. First Ordinances passes in Sebastian, Florida in 1924. My have times changed.
My local community has an ordinance prohibiting a for sale sign displayed in or on a car parked in a public place. I got warned on that a few years back when I had one in the window of my car when I was parked downtown.

The First Town ordinance, passed Dec. l6, l924 has some interesting items.

Sec. 2

It shall be unlawful for any person --

[c] To bathe in any public waters in the day time without bathing suits.

Sec. 3

[d] To ride or drive upon the sidewalks of the Town.

[e] To race or other wise drive or ride in a furious manner any horse or horses, or cattle, or to drive any animal or animals or vehicles in faster than an ordinary trot through the streets of the Town.

[f] To ride a bicycle on the streets of the town at a faster rate of speed then l5 miles per hour.

Sec. 4

[a] To hitch any horse, mule or any other animal to any of the shade trees upon the streets or within public parks, or on any private premises without permission of the owner.

[d] To permit any horse, mule, ox or other animal to obstruct the sidewalks of the Town.

[e] To ride a bicycle on any sidewalk of the Town.

[g] To camp upon any of the public streets or in any of the public parks of the Town.

Sec 5

[n] To spit on the sidewalks,or spit on the floor, wall, porches or steps of any public building.

Bank of Sebastian was used to hold council meetings. $2.00 was paid to the bank for each use of the building.

An ordinance proposed in l925 - declaring privies to be a nuisance and providing for their abolishment.
Old 07-21-2019, 03:12 PM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Not watching it directly, but appears that some 4 wheeled madness is taking place in NH in the thick of the heat this afternoon at a crowded snail's pace. NASCAR short track is a very busy slow proposition; a stampede of turtles playing bumper cars comes to mind.
--

Jack is werking me for more rib bones.. that have been stored securely, well out of his grasp, but he knows where they are.
--

Good shooting, GF! Was that a 40 animal match?
--

Its so sticky hot out there this afternoon that it can wilt a creosoted telephone pole. I'm thinking to have an early libation and take a nap until it cools down some. Also thinking about some gorgonzola on crackers topped w/a kalamata olive and a friend's wife who refused to let him go to a topas bar w/me many years ago. Wimmin! Most hear whot they want to.. and whot they weren't supposed to, very well.
Old 07-21-2019, 03:58 PM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Up for air...

Just finished wrapping the balance of the meat (for the freezer) that we bought yesterday.

It all fits, barely..

We had to take a turkey out to thaw, however.

Now back to the man cave for a little bit..

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol
Old 07-21-2019, 04:09 PM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Made a day trip across most of the state yesterday to visit with my daughters and their families. Met my newest granddaughter for the first time. It was a nice visit,

Trip should have been simple, but wasn't. Set my alarm clock for the first time since retirement, but due to a power bump resetting them, I overslept.

Was about half way there after the late start when the freeway became a parking lot. Traffic came to a stop and occasionally creeped a car length or two before coming to a complete stop. Once in awhile an impatient driver would travel down the shoulder on either side, to where I don't know. Some folks were using a "for official vehicles only" cross over to the opposite lanes. I noticed the young driver behind me crying her eyes out, I ssume to the delay. I had started out in the parking lot maybe a couple hundred yards from a rest area and was finally able to exit to that after about a half hour as several hundred others had.

Actually found a parking spot partially in the shade in the 93° heat. Seemed to be two kinds of folks waiting it out in the rest area. Those that had patience and those without. Quite a few queued up on the freeway entrance ramp sometimes 2 or 3 abreast, engines running for the restart. Others sitting around on benches, picnic tables, retaining walls, and such picnicking, visiting, and socializing, making the best of the delay. Aside from the parking area and roadway the rest area was generously shade with a nice breeze.

After about another half hour wait, from my picnic table vantage point, I noticed vehicles on the freeway started moving a little. I moseyed back to my car expecting it to be awhile to be able to get moving down the road again. I was surprised at how fast the restart proceeded. The starting line pack on the rest area entrance ramp had cleared by the time I got to my car and I had no delays or slow downs getting down the ramp and on the freeway.

There was a bit of humorous event to watch as the rat race got under way. As I was walking back to my car when things were getting back underway. A gal came out of the restroom and noticed traffic moving again. Apparently she had hiked up to the rest area from a car on the freeway. She kind of went into panic mode and started running across the parking area, across a grassy strip, then across the truck parking area where she came to an abrupt stop not want to venture through the overgrown ditch that separated her from the freeway. She then looked left and right trying to get a bearing on the vehicle she wanted to return to. Last i saw she was running down the entrance ramp toward the freeway in a pair of dress sandals that appeared to have very little traction.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:23 PM
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Forty or sixty, I wish I could shoot that good Gunfriend.

Grilled some more chicken tonight. Left the lid off so the skin side got crisped for a while.

Sorted a bunch of range brass. Do I need a 10mm? I seem to have brass for it.

Ordered some self defense ammo and bullets from Brownell's.

No grass was mowed this weekend. I'm not in a HOA.

The most action I saw in my sisters garden today.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:33 PM
Wayne Sihler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Under a severe T-Storm watch,Yes it is, temp dropped from 95*to the 80,s lots of lightning,Heavy rain for a bit.Radar shows this is just the first round.
Closed Thread