Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-16-2019, 08:19 AM
I6turbo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Is this a CZ sub-forum?

At the moment, 10 of the 12 most recent threads are about CZ centerfire rifles.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:56 AM
Mike_60
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
And they're all 527 related.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:11 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
The CZ 527 rifle is the perfect size rifle for the hunter and that makes it beautiful. Just like in the rimfire section the CZs are the biggest here. I am not surprised by this they are a great rifle for the price you pay...I don't like plastic...I am getting to be an old guy and wood and blue are becoming a thing of the past. I am so happy with my CZs that is why I have gone off the deep end buying them...16 now and kind of still looking.

Signalman

Old 07-16-2019, 02:57 PM
sav99fan
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I try to mix it up but am running out of ways to do that. 🤣
Old 07-16-2019, 04:15 PM
kimberkook

TPC Rating: 
100% (89)
I think that an exclusively rimfire shooter moving to centerfire would be hard pressed to avoid the dominance CZ has established in the small calibers: 22 Hornet, 221 Fireball, 222 Rem, 223 Rem, etc. Since RFC can be a crossroads for these interests, I suspect the "Centerfire/Rifle" forum here would be hard pressed to avoid dominance by CZ enthusiasts. Besides, there are other forums for Remington, Sako/Tikka and Savage shooters, but I wish they would post here as well. Bring it on!!!
Old 07-16-2019, 07:23 PM
ChangFest

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberkook View Post
I think that an exclusively rimfire shooter moving to centerfire would be hard pressed to avoid the dominance CZ has established in the small calibers: 22 Hornet, 221 Fireball, 222 Rem, 223 Rem, etc. Since RFC can be a crossroads for these interests, I suspect the "Centerfire/Rifle" forum here would be hard pressed to avoid dominance by CZ enthusiasts. Besides, there are other forums for Remington, Sako/Tikka and Savage shooters, but I wish they would post here as well. Bring it on!!!
I want a Kimber of Oregon in 22 Hornet but I can only afford my CZs.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:57 PM
whtsmoke
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to whtsmoke
Quote:
Originally Posted by I6turbo View Post
At the moment, 10 of the 12 most recent threads are about CZ centerfire rifles.
For me it started on May 25th 2019 when I got my 22lr 455 Varmint and has progressed till this date with five others one of which is a 527 Lux in 222 Rem. That makes me six in less than two or almost three months and I am looking at a few more centerfires myself. I must confess I just picked up my Remington Model 7 Predator in 223 as a rifle for coyotes, this one if it gets scratched up won't bother me as much LOL.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:40 PM
kimberkook

TPC Rating: 
100% (89)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangFest View Post
I want a Kimber of Oregon in 22 Hornet but I can only afford my CZs.
I'm sorry to say that KoO is no longer making Hornets or any other rifles, but they are not that scarce and are available. Nothing wrong with a CZ until one can find the right KoO. Worth the wait...
Old 07-18-2019, 07:23 AM
rockyriver
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The reason CZ is mentioned here so many times, Is quite simple. They work and are the best for the money.
While other rifle manufacturers quality has went down. CZ has only improved.
Ruger American has done nothing to impress me, but the accuracy is decent.
Remington is pure junk now under Freedom arms.
But CZ has stepped up their game and with a beautiful gun and quality, it dominates the small centerfire market.
Just my .02 worth.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:56 AM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a recent acquired ,beautiful, Brno 600 in 7x64 that I plan to post later. I need to take the scope off to get a couple clean shots of the rear popup sight and receiver markings.

The Brno and subsequent CZ rifles are a class act that you could pay $5,000 for some elite comparable German made rifle. The excludes any new model CZ that are nothing special in my book. The 527, (discontinued)550, (current)550mag, single shot effect all from CZ or the Brno version of the same - top guns. The CZ 452 was a continuation of the Brno No1,2,3,4,5. The 453 was an actual improvement. The 453 is the best rimfire CZ (or Brno) ever made. My 2c.

I do not think CZ has improved and that is why you see the 527 posts. That is one of the last remaining Brno classic still in production. You want to say the new CZ stuff is better than Ruger. OK. Or that the once great Ruger is has fallen. Yes. Ruger does offer some good guns: No1, MkIV, revolvers, etc. Ruger also has some ok plastic crap. The whole industry is taking a nose dive. Remington is sinking in pig poop over their head.

I am not spending my limited resources on any new model CZ like the 557 or 457. Look at the Brno 600 and 557. Should I scream or cry?

The CZ side by side shotgun is fantastic! Made by Huglo. Check those out. Hint. It is not a new model. Nor is it CZ improving. It is genius, buy low and resell. Strict quality control.

The Zastava M70 looks like even better value for classic gun lover if only the full line was imported. Another very old classic rifle and it sells for peanuts. Same for the rimfire. Not Brno quality, but pretty darn good classic bang for the buck. Way better value than any new CZ design.

Last edited by fourbore; 07-18-2019 at 08:13 AM.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:04 AM
gewehrfreund

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
To answer the original question . . .

yes, apparently it is.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:49 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There should be one?
Old 07-18-2019, 12:37 PM
gewehrfreund

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
There should be one?
Yes, give back to us non-CZealots a place to humbly post about our poor value, poor-shooting blastinaters.

Old 07-18-2019, 03:20 PM
B23

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mostly, my experience with CZ is their 527's, which seem to get talked about quite a bit. IMO, they're a very nice piece with good quality throughout and they, generally, shoot pretty darn well. For the money, IMO, they are hard to beat. Having said that, are they perfect or without the issues, absolutely not, particularly the ones chambered in 17 Hornet. So they haven't quite reached walk on water status just yet.

For me, it's kind of ironic, because the only CZ's I have left are my two 17 Hornets and though they were minor, they're the only two CZ's that have given me any issue, but they are also my favorite CZ 527 too.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:42 PM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B23 View Post
Mostly, my experience with CZ is their 527's, which seem to get talked about quite a bit. IMO, they're a very nice piece with good quality throughout and they, generally, shoot pretty darn well. For the money, IMO, they are hard to beat. Having said that, are they perfect or without the issues, absolutely not, particularly the ones chambered in 17 Hornet. So they haven't quite reached walk on water status just yet.

For me, it's kind of ironic, because the only CZ's I have left are my two 17 Hornets and though they were minor, they're the only two CZ's that have given me any issue, but they are also my favorite CZ 527 too.
That is a surprise. I am not questioning this report. But; my surprise is because the 22 Hornet goes back the Brno model 465 days. The magazine is designed specifically for rimed cases. Buy the Brno!