Connecticut Precision Chambering - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-05-2019, 03:35 PM
gaboy

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
CPC is TOP NOTCH in my book

I wish 500c all the best with his rifle. It's his loss not Randy's.
I know the rifle that shot the highest agg in Factory class in ABRA last year (186.2) was smithed by CPC. It ain't doing too bad this season either.
Thanks Randy and CPC for an excellent job.
Ricky
Old 07-08-2019, 02:44 AM
500c

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
i don't know what john means by 'mess with him'. i have simple needs, and randy would have been perfect if not for this sad experience, unusual though it may be.

the club is Hollywood Rifle and Pistol in dania beach fl.

anyway, i posted in the hopes of finding a viable alternative , and i cross my fingers you guys have some good ideas

thanks
Old 07-08-2019, 02:49 AM
500c

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
ps, and i really didn't want to get into specifics, but some here seem to think that since my experience was unusual, it's not credible, i mention that:

. his website specifically says what trigger pull he'll deliver (2.0-2.4lbs) and he can't, and after many frustrating attempts, simply says 'my website is old'!

. i bought into the 'whole package' idea for cost reasons and based on his reputation. i should have passed on the trigger work and done that myself or elsewhere. everything else seems ok at this point, apart from his unacceptable communication(s) skills/approach

Old 07-08-2019, 03:07 PM
CPC
RFC Sponsor
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Sponsor
Middletown CT, Earth, 1st door on the right
TPC Rating: 
96% (22)
Last childish email I read from you STATED trigger pull was under 3 lbs by two trigger pull scales...
A copy of my currant shop work sheet was given to you which state "Crisp single stage appox 2.5 lbs"...
Yes the website might be a little tiny bit older, last updated in 2008, before Ruger started making polymer trigger groups so written shop list was to changed to suit...
You can buy a nice aftermarket trigger group for $200 - $300 or a Ruger BX trigger group for something like $40...
I do not work on aftermarket triggers nor aftermarket trigger parts nor do I work on BX triggers, so we are all set...
Most polymer trigger groups go out of here between 2.2 and 2.6 lbs pull...

Website was written and designed by a guy named Alexander who was the first owner of RFC after Giz...
Gifted to me in 1997 or 1998 and still running...
Sounds like a good one, its still pretty new and good to me, hehaa....

(Complaining about a almost new and shiny website, E-gad's, next you will complain you got a Pilgrims blunderbuss with spiders living in the bore... I know, you lay on the floor until you turn blue until the 1400th century Englist gun maker comes and removes all them their nasty spiders).... Its his fault, Waaaa)...

Last edited by CPC; 07-08-2019 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-08-2019, 03:09 PM
n2omike
Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPC
This '550c' (Thomas) is so child like that yes I want nothing to do with him... Second time he sent his crappy 10/22 back he dropped so much Loctite into the 4 receivers scope holes that it dribbled down into the bolt locking up his firing pin... Cry baby never tried to fix his error but send it back to me because I must be blamed...
First time he sent back there was a problem with Ruger trigger parts which was all replaced and returned... He still cried, cried and cried that his crap trigger group will not go down to 2 - 2.4 lbs so I returned his money.... What more can I do?
Last email he sent he wanted to me rework a second 10/22 for him and I said 'NO'...
His emails now go directly to spam...

(A old saying by movie stars when I was growing up was "Write anything you want, just spell my name correctly)...

Thomas - Theres 10,000 or 20,000 gunsmiths out there, go darken someone else's door... Ebay has the best, hehaa...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500c View Post
ps, and i really didn't want to get into specifics, but some here seem to think that since my experience was unusual, it's not credible, i mention that:

. his website specifically says what trigger pull he'll deliver (2.0-2.4lbs) and he can't, and after many frustrating attempts, simply says 'my website is old'!

. i bought into the 'whole package' idea for cost reasons and based on his reputation. i should have passed on the trigger work and done that myself or elsewhere. everything else seems ok at this point, apart from his unacceptable communication(s) skills/approach
So, you sent the gun back to Randy to fix a bolt that YOU screwed up with excess Loctite... which he took care of... but insist on fixating on a factory trigger group that is a half pound off the target weight? ...and choose to continually bash him to a bunch of (non retarded) people who have had excellent luck with him? I mean, really? All of this over half a pound of trigger pull after he quietly bailed you out of your own ham fisted Loctite error?

Can you see why you aren't getting much support? CPC isn't Walmart... where you can take stuff back for stupid reasons, even if it's your own fault, if you cry really loud.
Old 07-08-2019, 06:35 PM
Jammer22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500c View Post
his website specifically says what trigger pull he'll deliver (2.0-2.4lbs) and he can't, and after many frustrating attempts, simply says 'my website is old'!
You've mentioned this. Twice.

You have not accepted any responsibility for your actions You've made your point. Hands down, there is no one better with a metal trigger housing than CPC.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:35 AM
John45
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
500c, it will hardly take any effort at all to finish this off to your liking. Look here.
http://theprojectjunkie.com/guns-fir...22-trigger-job

I had an extra trigger group and tried the job myself. Go very slow and you will get it where you want it. dissembling these things is very easy and there are many ytube videos. do it once and you're an expert. Don't get carried away and think you can take it down to 1 pound. Just keep it in that 2+ pound area. In 20 minutes you'll have it just what you want.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:08 PM
CPC
RFC Sponsor
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Sponsor
Middletown CT, Earth, 1st door on the right
TPC Rating: 
96% (22)
LYMAN Scale

Flysalot... I think that was one of those good Ruger blue carbine barrels made from 2009 - 2014...
Barrels shot well and took too the additional barrel rework very well - then Ruger reverted back to where the Ruger carbine barrel really needed the rework just to shoot well....

LYMAN Electronic trigger scale....
Problem for every one that does trigger rework is the Lyman electronic trigger scale...
Got one for Christmas and readings was not close to a RCBS spring scale...
Took a known certified 2 lb weight and RCBS scale read 2 lbs, the LYMAN electronic read 2.5 lbs...
Opened the Lymans rear cover expecting 'adjustable pots' and there were none... No way to calibrate the Lyman... No way can the Chinese manufacturer can calibrate them either... The Chinese just produce them cheap and put who ever's name on them...
Check your crappy scale before posting what your lying eyes see... 500c trigger went out of here 2.4 lbs... Later he claimed 2.9 lbs to me then 3 lbs on the internet...
Poster Kisssofdeath showed a picture of his Lyman scale at 2.9 lbs here at RFC on a 2.4 trigger pull... Nice picture of a non-calibrated mess but not accurate...

Last edited by CPC; 07-09-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:45 PM
David Valdina
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Barefoot Bay, Florida and Cape Cod, Massachusetts
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Trigger pull tested with actual weights...

Trigger pull tested with actual weights, not springs. Example:

750-1500 Gehmann trigger weight testers For all weapons, a long rod fitted with a 500grms weight plus: 1 x 140, 1 x 360 and 1 x 500grms

See more choices: https://gehmann.com/english/products.php?kategorie=16
Old 07-10-2019, 09:47 AM
917M2Sfan
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
You can't please every customer every time.

What is CPC's approval rating, somewhere north of 99%?

Most companies would be ecstatic to have 99 to 1 ratio of happy to unhappy customers.

500CC's experience is an outlying data point when compared to the great majority of people who have sent their 10/22s to CPC. You can't please every customer every time.

Last edited by 917M2Sfan; 07-11-2019 at 09:14 AM.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:47 PM
Cast
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Randy is good. I’ve worked with him for years. He never misses.