New-To-Me Cooper: Baying At The Moon! - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-28-2019, 12:25 PM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
Bow wow. A lovely tomato stake.

I've spoken with a few very knowledgeable dealers about the Model 40. Lots of eye rolling.
Getting the dang thing to feed,was one of its issues.Hence, they dropped that feature and went simple with the Model 38.
I don't think that more than 50 were produced.
One must remember that they were produced by the former Cooper entity, not the current one. Even if it was the current company, the age of them would probably eliminate them from support.
One must also remember that "scarce" doesn't always equate to desirable or valuable.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:09 PM
TEDDY BEAR RAT
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
Amen to that. The one-of-a-kind boil on my butt is both unique and rare...but not necessarily desirable

I did finally get to the range with the Cooper .22 CCM:

All the rounds went off, and, at 50 yards, 5-shot groups were about 1/2", showing perfectly round holes, with no load development and no neck tension on some of the rounds:

I did receive my Lee .22 TCM Factory Crimp die, so we'll see how that and manipulating other variables impacts accuracy. One thing is certain, the factory crimp will allow me to feed all the rounds through the magazine without fear of pushing the bullet deep into the case. I also picked up some somewhat stubbier 35 gr. V-Max bullets at the local Cabelas. They should also prove interesting and will be more likely to expand at 2300 to 2400 FPS.

TBR

Last edited by TEDDY BEAR RAT; 03-05-2019 at 04:20 PM.