New version TCR22? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:35 PM
dynotime

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
T/CR22

Finnish on Barrel is good, I found no problems in that AREA. But like all new Rifles
Clean the Barrel as they come to your door very Dirty..... Clean Clean and Clean More.

I love being a home based FFL

Clean the out side and use a light oil and let is soak do not wipe off.
I use 3in1 Works good for me. This light oil also attacks any Rust that might think it wants to Form under the Bluing. No bluing came off when I was Cleaning.

Triggers are dry so Oil up Boys. Over all Well done T/C
Old 02-14-2019, 11:40 PM
dynotime

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
T/CR22

Yes Both Rifles shoot Good Groups. I sold Three T/CR22 17" barrel rifles First time I showed up with the Low End Rifle. We were shooting off the Bench.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:31 AM
SlyOneMrGrinch
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What about the rear sight on the upgraded rifle, would it be possible to mount a rear peep sight?

Old 04-28-2019, 05:25 AM
Gerard W.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I like to now , what is the outside diameter from the muzzel / barrel-end from the T/CR22 like this one ":

https://www.tcarms.com/firearms/semi-automatic/t-cr22
Old 05-10-2019, 08:52 AM
staff3704
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynotime View Post
I own Two. One Basic Model and the Top of the line Rifle. Any Questions?

To start Billet Receiver with rail built in.

SS Bolt with Correct head Space.

OK Bolt Handle Much better that Ruger.

4 lb 10 oz Trigger with a nice clean Brake, BUT you can still feel the heavy trigger. Much better than Stock Ruger.

Can be lowered to about 2 lb 2 oz very easy.

Barrel shoots great we are shooting great groups with CCI Standard 1080 ammo. At 50 yard with new rifle about 5/8"
Yes you still get flyers. CCI Standard ammo. I will not pay 15$ a box for ammo just to shoot at Targets.

Threaded Barrel is nice just to have.

I like the light weight Rifle with the 17" barrel. And the Peep sight with the Front glow sight. 4lb and a 2 oz. Total weight.

Stock is ok but not that nice. Not a stiff stock at all. Bolt that holds it all together needs to be about 30 Inch Lbs.

Last round hold open with Factory T/C Mag if you like that, you can use any After market parts that fit Ruger 10-22.

You can put the upper into any of your Ruger 10-22 stocks you now own.

Price, 299 basic model about 525 Top of the line Model. Both worth the Money. Nice Package on Both.

What did you do to lower the trigger pull to 2lb 2oz? That is about what I would want.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:57 PM
Sgtmeatsauce1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I know this is an old thread but I have a lot of time behind a TCR22. I tried 25 different types of ammo, to find 2 or 3 go to types. My go to criteria is: cheap, reliable, clean 40gr round nose lead, no:copper, coatings (except wax), hollow points, target or special ammo. Nothing fits the bill in my world but several are close enough ha ha. For my rifle, federal premium 40 GR round nose lead and the new Remington thunderbolts (used to suck, but I heard they bought an ammo factory that made .22, changed their recipe to 40 GR round nose and now it's decent cheap stuff) They are cheap -140 per 5000, not so clean, accurate, reliable, very few flyers and my rifle loves them. I have over 3000 rounds(of thunderbolts) through the tcr22 now.
The rifle is very accurate, I think the 1:15 rifling is awesome for 40gr. I shoot 25 and 50 yards, at 1 inch mini targets and spent brass cases, plastic soldiers, golf balls, Xmas ornaments, old books, old fruit n veggies etc
To note, I shot 731 shots with many different types of ammo before I had one failure to fire, light strike. In the next 1500 rounds I would have 4 more problems like failure to fully eject case and light strikes, all with same ammo when they happened-Remington golden bullet (close to the worse crap ever).
Sights are great stock but I use only scopes because my eyes suck. The Magpul stock jumps right to your shoulder nicely. The rifle is very light, 17 in barrel is perfect.. I would like a little thicker barrel but this one though like a string bean, remarkable does not heat up. I did not like the cap on the thread look so I bought a Tandemkross compensator, the only one I could find that did not have holes on bottom, and found that even though .22s have little recoil or muzzle flip, this device cancelled any. It does not move at all, no louder that I can tell. The trigger though better then a Ruger to me needed help, mainly the crunchy feel. Would be fine for hunting but not quarter in targets. I bought a Wolf spring performance kit, had it installed. Big difference, perfect for hunting but still not smooth or crisp enough. I found SAP outfitters for 115 including shipping they sent a ruger trigger group to Brimstone had a tier 2 job done on it and then sell to me. It is red trigger (mine) 2.5 lb (feels less) of the smoothest, crispest best trigger ever. EXCEPT since they send out a Ruger trigger group and not your tcr22 trigger group you LOSE last shot hold open. If any questions I can try to help.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:32 AM
Dobeardsley
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very good review, thanks for taking time to write it. You addressed several points I have been wondering about, particularly the 1:15 barrel twist. Your quest for a decent trigger is a must do as well.

Iím considering one of the Performance Center models, but except for dynotimeís input, have seen nothing else so far. I know the wood laminate/blued version has been available for some time now, but I have yet to see the Hogue/stainless model in any retail outlet. Anyone seen one? Itís the cheaper of the 2 models.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:17 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtmeatsauce1 View Post
The trigger though better then a Ruger to me needed help, mainly the crunchy feel. Would be fine for hunting but not quarter in targets. I bought a Wolf spring performance kit, had it installed. Big difference, perfect for hunting but still not smooth or crisp enough. I found SAP outfitters for 115 including shipping they sent a ruger trigger group to Brimstone had a tier 2 job done on it and then sell to me. It is red trigger (mine) 2.5 lb (feels less) of the smoothest, crispest best trigger ever. EXCEPT since they send out a Ruger trigger group and not your tcr22 trigger group you LOSE last shot hold open. If any questions I can try to help.
I believe you can send your T/C R22 trigger to Brimstone and they will work on it, under their BX trigger job option. There's a couple of threads about this, starting with this one.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...ight=Brimstone

Last edited by cabin22; 05-20-2019 at 07:31 AM.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:56 PM
Steve E
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
That's an awfully short bolt handle to be working on a bolt action rifle.

Steve..........