Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-02-2005, 04:25 PM
'65 Topless

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Talking

Quote:
Now don't get me wrong, your money and you can spend it any way you want but what are you trying to do with a "tactical" 22? Is it like playing cowboys and injuns? Just a game? What?

You got it in a nutshell bubba.... Now Shaddup......

Nothing to see here folks, just move along....
Old 12-02-2005, 04:29 PM
soundwave

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent
Can't help myself......gotta say it. Tactical,scamtical. Tactical is about killing people. That's what "tactical" is, what it means. You guys planning on killing people with 10/22's with lazers and flashlights and red dots? And.....well I haven't seen a bayonet yet but I'm sure it is coming. Tactics are a military/police way of killing people or at least reducing them to being less than a threat to life and limb.

Tactical 10/22s? What's the point? What threat is being reduced? Who do you consider "tactics" are being needed for.

Now don't get me wrong, your money and you can spend it any way you want but what are you trying to do with a "tactical" 22? Is it like playing cowboys and injuns? Just a game? What?
Tactical = more fun to shoot to some people with lasers and other gizmos...let em have there fun. I am sure no on is planning on using there tactical 10/22's in a violent way. Hey maybe you can come up with a better word to use so people arn't threatened by the word "tactical". In the mean time...who cares?
Old 12-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clint
Tactical 22 ? 22(3) bwhahahaha

Now THAT is tactical

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk

Old 12-02-2005, 04:54 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwave
Tactical = more fun to shoot to some people with lasers and other gizmos...let em have there fun. I am sure no on is planning on using there tactical 10/22's in a violent way. Hey maybe you can come up with a better word to use so people arn't threatened by the word "tactical". In the mean time...who cares?
In some ways I do. Look, I'm not out to spoil anybodies fun here. It is just this Tactical thing.

You put a heavy barrel on a Rem 700 and it is a "Varmint Rifle".

Chamber it for .308 win. and it is a "Target Rifle".

Paint it black or camo and it is a "M-40 Sniper (Tactical) Rifle".

What does all that mean? It means that ten years ago the gun banners were after Clint's AR-15. Why? Because it was designed to kill people. It was. Pure and simple. When Eugene Stoner desigened the gun he was designing a people killer. He never envisioned an amazing target or varmint rifle rifle. He designed it to kill little yellow skinned people in a jungle. And it killed a BUNCH of them. Simple. And it was almost banned forever (and will be again....you watch).

Now they want to ban everyones deer or varmint rifles because they discovered that they are even MORE powerful then those nasty Assault Weapons They are.....sniper rifles.

Then on the front of every gun magazine they start screaming about Tactical this Tactical that and sniper this and sniper that.......for who? How many of us are Tactical kinds of guys? Not 1%....thats for sure. But you get a bunch of Mall Ninjas playing Tactical and watch how fast you get all the attention you never wanted. It's coming back.....elections are not that far away. 3 years from now you are all gonna be screaming about how you didn't REALLY mean TACTICAL.....you were just .......playing.

Old 12-02-2005, 05:07 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon164
What the heck are you griping about? It's a free country, make your rifle into anything you want!

If ya don't like it don't comment
Jon, it is just as free a country to comment.

Is it so bad to think of the image that we project to the masses? To the people that don't unstand that is no real difference between a deer rifle and a sniper rifle. If you go around pretending to be something is it so unusual that there are people that will believe it and worse than that there are people (with names like Schumer and Feinstein) that are all to willing to take you at your word and say "See, we told you these crazies are out there".

Folks it is coming back. Let's try not to be our own worst enemies.

Old 12-02-2005, 05:15 PM
gunnut4life

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Now people let's not turn this thread into another gripe fest. Although I don't agree with Vincents POV, he is only stating his opinion and we shouldn't take offense by someones opinion. Now if he was lobbying for another ban or something like that, then we could tar and feather him but for now let's all just get along.

G4L
Old 12-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by running boar
What we call our rifles is not going to save them, it might prolong the inevitable to cow to politicly correct sheep but it won't change where this country is headed. Every year we as gun owners loose ground, every year there are less and less shooters, we will go the route of England and Australia.

I Joined the Army in 1991, I went to Basic Training with other young men from all over the country, when we started our Basic Rifle Marksmanship training my Drill Sergeant asked how many of us had ever fired a rifle, 2 of us raised our hand out of a platoon of 40 soldiers, think about that, 2 out of 40.

As our country becomes more urban and less rural we will loose more and more gun rights just like the confiscation of guns from law abiding citizens after hurricane katrina.

I will fight it as long as there is breath in my lungs but I really don't think there is anything that we can do except put off the end for a few more years. Chris
Chris I hope you are wrong but I can't say that those same thoughts haven't crossed my mind. This isn't about polically correct either. Anybody that knows me knows I am FAR from that. But there are the impressions we as gun owners leave on the people that make those decisions. More importantly the impressions that we leave with the people that elect those idiots!!

Jon's approach reminds me of a poster we had back in the 60's. We were all so anti establishment. There was a picture of a mouse and an eagle. The eagle was screaming out of the sky right at the mouse, the mouse was standing his ground and flipping the eagle the bird It showed we were independent of "the man". Well we all know now that in the harsh real world the eagle eats that mouse no matter how defiant he was. He's dead and eagle got fat.

Chris I don't feel that it will be like England but I am SURE there is a battle coming and I am just as sure that we ARE our own worst enemies sometimes.
Now I'm going to go away and leave your fun little thread. If I still had woods to go for long walks in with a 22 I might just build a light, synthectic, folding stock Ruger to carrying back into those woods. Might be fun. I just wouldn't call it "Tactical" with all the bad things that means.

Jon will be happy to see me go but he's SURE I won't let him have the last word. But I will. I promise. Go for it Jon. Tell us how it will be after you scream "Freedom" and flip a bird at the eagle. Thanks for letting me share your thread guys. Those are some neat little rifles.

Old 12-02-2005, 07:34 PM
markdperkins
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

I'd be the 'loose nut' behind the trigger...
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Question Lcw

That little LCW sure looks nice. Anybody have one that can comment on it?
Old 12-03-2005, 01:51 AM
mtcentral

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
all i can say is WOW
Old 12-03-2005, 01:53 AM
mtcentral

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
oh and ya those are very sweet rifles. i tried to order a folding stock but i have been told no the U S will not ship those types of parts to us canadians . we harbour terrorists they said. well i guess ill have to build one myself.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:37 AM
ennyka

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent
Can't help myself......gotta say it. Tactical,scamtical. Tactical is about killing people. That's what "tactical" is, what it means. You guys planning on killing people with 10/22's with lazers and flashlights and red dots? And.....well I haven't seen a bayonet yet but I'm sure it is coming. Tactics are a military/police way of killing people or at least reducing them to being less than a threat to life and limb.

Tactical 10/22s? What's the point? What threat is being reduced? Who do you consider "tactics" are being needed for.

I already spent my money on a TACTICAL weapon, The 10/22 is plain cheaper to PLAY with at the range.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:39 AM
mtcentral

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
i got my stock, black warrior. it is almost identical to the butler creek wire folding stock. and i just passed my f.a.c. restricted and non restricted last night. so now i can buy an ar sweet ill post pics when it is all done!!!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 09:19 AM
Csracing

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
that gun is so cool...

i mean i think the cost of the JUNK is more then the cost of the gun.

lol still love it tho.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:18 PM
MinusB
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ha ha. That's one of the reasons I *HATE* AR-15's!! Thpbpbpbpbpbp!!
Old 12-20-2005, 03:37 PM
'65 Topless

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There are two guys over on ARFCOM that combined efforts to see how much they could hang on an AR. I may be wrong but I think thats the rifle.

I love my AR's .......

Merry Christams !!