Volquartzen Summit Build - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-24-2019, 10:23 AM
grg
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)

Mine has very little force as well which I like. I did check the headspace and it is right at .043 which is what it is supposed to be. If it gets harder I would start watching the linkage again for it to be bending or cracked but as heavy as they made it that shouldn't happen. I have picked up the Steyer straight pull and it is much harder to work the bolt over. Makes it very noisy which is my only problem with the Browning Tbolt.

What kind of barrel and setup do you have? I would love to see some pictures. I wonder if you would see different results with CCI ammo. I have tried the CCI and Hornady both and this one really likes the CCI. i can't wait to try some of the new stuff specs out for Anschutz whenever it gets available. I figured since CCI makes it all it might be the same but seems as if it is spec'd differently.
Old 01-24-2019, 04:19 PM
john300exc
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a SS Volquartsen fluted barrel, originally with a compensator which gives threads for my suppressor. My receiver was made by PWS, it is mounted in a Hogue stock. This barrel was very accurate as a 10/17 setup, but after several out of battery incidents it was placed in the back of the safe. I hope this toggle bolt setup eliminates the OOB incidents, so far so good!
Old 01-24-2019, 04:22 PM
john300exc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a large stash of Eley and new and old Hornady.
Looking forward to the new CCI ammo release, maybe it will beat Eley in some of my 17 HM 2s.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:06 AM
grg

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
By the way, if its shooting well ai would change the shims unless you just want to play with it. Where are the pics?
Old 01-30-2019, 05:45 AM
john300exc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I thought I put a pic of a target in this thread but don't see it. I am in Florida this week to shoot the Krieghoff Classic. I have two bricks of new CCI ammo being delivered while I am gone. When I get back, I'll put the shotgun down and try out the new ammo.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:49 PM
grg

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I dropped an ER Shaw barrel in 17nm2 on my Summit today, shoots very well and balances nice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190502_202109.jpg (541.7 KB, 9 views)
Old 05-17-2019, 03:51 AM
Treefeller22
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I purchased a Summit in .22lr here in Australia. First one shot 19cm low and 19cm right...... but grouped well..... barrel slipped in and out fairly easily. Ended up getting it replaced from the importer and the replacement was really hard to close, almost had to palm it. Barrel was a tight fit like it’s supposed to be and I had to buy a pack of shims which took 4 to get a .04mm Head space so it’s now one finger closing. It’s still not shooting as if it had a .20MOA rail on it, zeroed at 30m is still in mid range of scope adjustments ( Sightron S5) but Volquartsen are sending me a new V block which should hopefully remove any barrel droop.
It came in the Magpul stock but i thought I’d upgrade to a Victor Company Titan which seems to be “sloppy” and have movement. Looking at mulling up a new rear tang bit that will bolt through the cleaning rod hole and utilise the rear screw in the stock.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:04 AM
SwatchDog

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
VQ Action improvement tip

"The action is pretty smooth but I think will get even better with a little time."

I also have a VQ Summit and noticed that the action was "pretty smooth" meaning that I too hoped it would become a bit more silky as it broke in.

I switched to the TandemKross Double Kross magazines and noticed a remarkable difference - much smoother action. The Double Kross specification is to wind the coil spring 1-1/4 turns for recommended tension. This is much lighter that the standard Ruger mags - they are wound at least 3 full turns.

From this I think you could simply lighten the tension on the standard Ruger magazine coil spring and find that it improves the slide action. So I don't think it is actually the TDK mag that is making the difference, rather the coil tension.

(But I do love the dual 10 round TDK mags)
Old 05-22-2019, 04:48 AM
jayman07770

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Saw a video of the ISSC SPA. Same action as the PWS and now Volquartsen. I wonder who was the first that came out with this idea.

https://youtu.be/5HDeKvSTES0