Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-06-2018, 02:49 PM
mdauben

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_80 View Post
What is the point of this gun? How many that buy it actually take it apart for whatever reason. I understand if you buy one and do such. I don't if you just leave it together all the time. Always looked like a gimmick to me, but I'm not a prepper so I've got no use.
Takedown guns were around long before Ruger made the 10/22 TD because some people found them useful. They are certainly not just for peppers but for anyone who thinks a smaller package for storage or transport would be useful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2018, 03:10 PM
mpolk
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I do like mine with the TacSol SBX barrel and the UTG bug buster scope. Fits in the factory bag.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:28 PM
Sarge45

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
What is the point of this gun? How many that buy it actually take it apart for whatever reason. I understand if you buy one and do such. I don't if you just leave it together all the time. Always looked like a gimmick to me, but I'm not a prepper so I've got no use.
It rides in its bag disassemble with me to my property. I store my suppressor in the bag with it and ammo and mags. Its compact and very portable. It makes a lot of sense to some of us. Plus, the bag can be thrown over the shoulder when hiking or walking to a fishing hole. Again, small and portable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2018, 10:35 PM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I like mine well enough. It's probably a couple/few MOA rifle. Don't know, don't care.

It's accurate enough for what I want it for.

I keep it in it's bag with a Ruger SR22 and a Sig 22 cal suppressor.

There's still room for four BX1-10 mags, and three BX25 mags, along with a BC mag loader and a bunch of ammo.

If I want accuracy I'll put a suppressor on my CZ452.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:16 PM
Antonio

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Grandpa always said "Don't leave the city without a bathing suit and a .22LR rifle in the trunk" and it has proven to be sound advice multiple times.
Could take any other "better" rifle but this one in its compact bag becomes quite handy, multi-purpose and quick to grab and toss into the truck, specially when traveling with the family (Even for the day), since having 2 small children usually forces you to load the same amount of (Their) baggage Napoleon carried when he invaded Egypt in the approximately 11 seconds your wife gives you to do it!
Old 07-14-2018, 02:31 PM
bluzman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
You don't need to be a prepper to find the Takedown to be a useful configuration. For example, I took a 2 seat roadster on a 7,000 mile road trip last summer. Storage space in the vehicle is at a premium. I planned to shoot with friends along the way and I wanted a modicum of self protection too. TD in its bag, along with ammo and a semi-auto 1911-22 fit nicely in the trunk while leaving enough space for clothes, camera, electronics, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjf415 View Post
here is the best part of the Ruger Take-Down model...if you don't want one don't buy it...and if you want the option of easy storage and transportation then get one, actually the TD is somewhat easier to clean....
Totally agree.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:41 PM
mpolk
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
You know, I don't need 10 10/22 builds either, but I have them because I wanted them. My 10/22 TD was just that, I did't need it, but I wanted a different build. WaLa, Brimstone trigger, Kidd charging handle, Que bolt when he was still doing them, TacSol barrel, Hogue stock and UTG BugBuster scope so it will fit in the bag. Screw in my suppressor and go huntin or shootin. It will fit in my truck or on the motorcycle or golf cart.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:22 PM
linux_author
US Coast Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjf415 View Post
actually the TD is somewhat easier to clean....
sorry to reply to an old post, but this point is one of the main reasons i recently bought my Model 11125 TD...

it literally takes only a couple minutes to clean up after several hundred rounds at the range... quite remarkable...

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico
Old 10-26-2018, 06:25 PM
gaweidert

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I like mine so much that I recently got it's 9mm big brother. That works just fine too. I have had mine for several years now and it is still stock. May be the only one in the wild that has not been modified in some way.

Last edited by gaweidert; 11-17-2018 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-27-2018, 02:10 PM
bluzman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I guess that makes two of us. My TD is still stock except for adding a scope. Oh, and I also got the "big brother" - Ruger 9mm Pistol Caliber Carbine.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:57 PM
MDC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Took my new MK IV Hunter with a new TRS 25 red dot to the range to sight in and brought the #11125 TD with a UTG Bug Buster along because, why not? After sighting in the MK IV at about 20 yards I loaded up the TD and started at the 20 yard target and then noticed that someone had been using orange clays at the 100 yard berm leaving orange chunks all over the hill. I thought, I wonder if I could hit one? I was very pleased to be able to hit quite a few of them. So I guess I can say the TD is ready to go.
https://beta-static.photobucket.com/...080&fit=bounds

Last edited by MDC; 11-11-2018 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:27 AM
Mathias_St

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I know it's an old thread, but...

Quote:
What is the point of this gun?
FUN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradokid View Post
Really love the transportation aspect of the take down.
Me, too!
https://msu.edu/~steine13/rimf/IMG_3314.JPG

And she shoots:
https://msu.edu/~steine13/td25_scope.jpg
https://msu.edu/~steine13/td50_scope.jpg
Old 11-23-2018, 10:49 AM
rugerguy211

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I'm not a prepper either, but have very limited storage space. Mine is in the bag, in two pieces, when stored.
Old 12-31-2018, 09:14 PM
linux_author
US Coast Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
the OP posted:

I've been reading a lot of negative stuff about the takedown version of the 10/22.

i don't know why this would be the case... i like my TDs, especially my Charger:

which has been accurate enough for these old eyes (using a cheap red dot and 10 rounds at 25 yards *after* re-assembly):

for me, the magic of the TD, especially the Charger, has been the ability to conserve space, yet retain the *repeatable* accuracy of the 10/22... and to do so inexpensively.. the magic for me happens with an adapter, such as a Copper Custom, or a PMACA chassis, and a $12 UTG folding adapter:

these are fabulous semiauto rimfires... wish i had purchased one years ago...

hope everyone enjoys their TD!

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico
Old 01-01-2019, 08:01 AM
borregos
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzman View Post
I guess that makes two of us. My TD is still stock except for adding a scope. Oh, and I also got the "big brother" - Ruger 9mm Pistol Caliber Carbine.
Me too, two really fun guns to own, whatever else I take to the range these two go as well