Old 06-24-2018, 04:14 PM
MarkS
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeclipse View Post
All,
I see there is quite a lot of different 17hmr ammo floating around. I am looking for which ammo I should try first for accuracy. I plan to hunt squirrels, rabbits, woodchucks...etc. I plan on picking up several different boxes. I understand every rifle can be picky about what it likes but wanted to see if there seems to be any general ammo which tends to shoot better than others OR maybe ammo I should just stay away from. Thanks!
I took my new 455 Varmint out for the second time yesterday. CCI 20gr Gamepoint are the stand out. I shoot 5 -3 shot groups when testing load in centerfire and rimfire. The Gamepoint's av 0.234" for the 5 groups at 50yds. CCI Vmax was next with 0.372" . CCI TNT 0.390". Fed Vshock, A17, running just over 0.400". all but one group was under 0.5"

Mark
Old 06-27-2018, 05:53 AM
jaia
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Top rated ammo?
I'll let you know.
My current rimfire test project is 50 at 200 yards.
50 shots, 1 target, 1 big group, chronographed at 200 yards.
No cherry picking, no excuses, everything there and you can decide for yourself.
Check the long range section of RFC.