December Ultimate 10-22 Final Vote - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
View Poll Results: Which rifle should win the December 2013 Ultimate 10-22 contest?
"Fat Boy" by DrGunner 63 26.14%
"Luxus Sporter" by jcrowleyiv 111 46.06%
"Groovie 3.0" by rokehe 67 27.80%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 08:35 PM
rokehe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (54)

What a month!
First, I want to thank DrGunner for all the time and effort he has dedicated to keeping the UOM contest going.
Second, Thank you to the sponsors for providing some fantastic prizes and continual support to the forum.
Thirdly, Thank you to everyone who took time to vote. The votes are what count and shows the members what the current ultimate rifle should be. John's entry was clearly the most supported of the three.
Thanks again, Kent
Old 12-30-2013, 09:17 PM
azguy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
Congrats to all. Beautiful stock and wood John. As well as a fine barreled action set-up that fits the build so well.

And most of all, thanks Doc, for all the hard work in monitoring this contest along with everything else. Great job guy!
Old 12-30-2013, 09:25 PM
williamwallace
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
John congrats on your win. All 3 deserving. Esp Tks for Dr. Gunner for all his hard work and dedication to this Awesome Site

Old 12-30-2013, 09:31 PM
Dr Heckel

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Congrats guys 3 very nice rifles!
Old 12-30-2013, 09:45 PM
DrGunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokehe View Post
What a month!
First, I want to thank DrGunner for all the time and effort he has dedicated to keeping the UOM contest going.
Second, Thank you to the sponsors for providing some fantastic prizes and continual support to the forum.
Thirdly, Thank you to everyone who took time to vote. The votes are what count and shows the members what the current ultimate rifle should be. John's entry was clearly the most supported of the three.
Thanks again, Kent

Congratulations to John and Kent!!!

Kent- please PM me your shipping addy for your prizes

DrGunner
Old 12-30-2013, 09:46 PM
JoeBobber

TPC Rating: 
99% (72)
All three awesome rifles! I keep hearing the well is drying up too. John, congrats man! Kent, I am glad you decided to accept my nomination of you, and Kevin, man, you got one heck of a gun brother!

Doc, you did so much work in these contests! THAT is HIGHLY commendable! I don't know of anyone else sacrificing so much! YOU ARE DA MAN!!! I know I speak for RFC when I say Thank You!!!!
Old 12-30-2013, 10:31 PM
jcrowleyiv

TPC Rating: 
100% (83)
To the distinguished members of RFC (and Chaser, too!).

THANK YOU !!!!!!!

Specifically -

I want to share my thankful appreciation to the generosity of the sponsors for such a commitment to the monthly prizes.

My thanks to all of the participants in the Ultimate of the Month contest, not just this month, but all months since the good doctor started this wonderful way to introduce new members to some of the beautiful builds that have gone before.

Special thanks to all who voted in the contest - whether for my entry or not. Without the support of the voting membership, this contest would not be possible - an undeniable parallel to this site's existence - impossible without the membership who so unselfishly assist in all matters regarding Rimfire.

I offer my heartfelt congratulations to this month's co-finalists - rokehe and Dr Gunner - both of whom I am very fortunate to have as friends. As far as I am concerned, there were three winners this month, all of which are very deserving in their own right. Heck, I wouldn't even have been in the contest if not for Dr G's nomination.

And finally, an extra special thanks to Dr Gunner for putting this whole thing together, and for selflessly administering the Ultimate forum- a task I am certain takes a lot more time and effort than he would ever admit - especially admirable for someone that has a busy practice and a young family. Thank you for all of your sacrifices to ensure that we have an Ultimates forum that we can all enjoy.

Humbly and sincerely - John
That is why it is called "the present".

Last edited by jcrowleyiv; 12-31-2013 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Clarity
Old 12-31-2013, 12:03 AM
DrGunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Thanks to all for the kind words. It's been (mostly) lots of fun.

The contest will run again here in Ultimates on a quarterly basis as I have previously stated, so I will see you all here again in March or April. In the meantime, I will likely request that admin create a separate contest forum so that we have a place that will draw more interest and we can do more generalized contests such as budget builds, creativity contests, and genre based contests if the interest is there.
I have also given some consideration to running a contest based on accuracy for us OCD benchrest guys who seem to keep falling behind the sporters despite our hard work and dedication. Please let me know what you all think of that idea-

Also, not sure if you all noticed – I posted a thread asking for advice and information on entries for the Hall of Fame. It has seen an alarmingly low number of posts. Perhaps this is evidence that I should just let the idea rest?

Goodnight from a very tired DrGunner

Last edited by DrGunner; 12-31-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:14 AM
dbr65
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (230)
My heartiest congratulations, John! You surely had some very stiff competition, but I think there are many among us who just can't help to admire such a beautiful gun stock. And DrG's commitment to the Ultimate contest is what makes it all work. As Sophia says, RFC truly is the best corner of the net!

Happy New Year to all.

Doug
Old 12-31-2013, 10:29 AM
turmite
National Guard

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGunner View Post
Thanks to all for the kind words. It's been (mostly) lots of fun.

The contest will run again here in Ultimates on a quarterly basis as I have previously stated, so I will see you all here again in March or April. In the meantime, I will likely request that admin create a separate contest forum so that we have a place that will draw more interest and we can do more generalized contests such as budget builds, creativity contests, and genre based contests if the interest is there.
I have also given some consideration to running a contest based on accuracy for us OCD benchrest guys who seem to keep falling behind the sporters despite our hard work and dedication. Please let me know what you all think of that idea-

Also, not sure if you all noticed I posted a thread asking for advice and information on entries for the Hall of Fame. It has seen an alarmingly low number of posts. Perhaps this is evidence that I should just let the idea rest?

Goodnight from a very tired DrGunner
Good Dr, fear not that you have so little participation on the Hall of Fame....just remember what time of the year it is.

As for myself, I love the thought of the Hall of Fame, but I personally feel it should be Hall of Fame worthy rifles that make it in. Those kind that cannot be easily reproduced.

As a example, I love the Raffle Rifle because I know how many hours I put into it as an act of love for all those young shooters that I help coach. That said, I can easily replicate that build......all it takes is money and time. However, I have my original Barracuda Rifle less original scope mount and scope, and no one can ever reproduce that rifle regardless of the money spent because it was the prototype for a long run of stocks and may well have become the most copied design in the world, or at least features of it has.

For me personally, I would much prefer the original Barracuda be in the Hall of Fame than the Raffle Rifle. I am currently trying to find one of the original scope bases made by Tony's Powderhorn of Batesville and no longer in business. When I do, I will put the rifle back together, photograph and shoot it and submit the results to you.

Mike
Old 01-05-2014, 10:52 PM
InfamousJ
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Congrats on another beauty of a rifle, John The wood of that stock is amazing...Three very deserving rifles nonetheless... Dr. G your Fatty is amazing and deserves a PILE of kudos...I absolutely love the forend addition; gotta be my favorite part of the whole rifle...Hope yall have a great new year and I can't wait for Spring to see the next round...
Closed Thread