B22 and bench rest - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-20-2019, 10:28 AM
Ide
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
B22 and bench rest

Tried my new B22 at the bench rest match today. 50yd match, ARA target. The short stubby barrel caused several comments, one guy came over with a tape measure to see if it actually was past the 16 inch mark. Anyway, with a make shift rear support and when I did my part, it was a tack driver. Fed SK rifle match ammo, it really shot. The shooter needs a lot of work, but the rifle is just fine. Looking ahead to next months match. Also received new mags from Natchez, the ones with the spring mag release, very nice.
Old 07-21-2019, 06:47 PM
B22G
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I had my B22G in 22LR out two times this weekend and couldn't be happier with it. Until now I have kept the range for my targets at 50 yards. This Friday I was shooting my five inch gong at 50 just using up some Federal plinking ammo and got bored with that and moved it out to 100. There was a strong wind on that day and was still able to hit the five inch gong around 80% of the time. I was using a rest on the hood of my pickup. Today after working on a load for my 243 Winchester I put up a target and shot it with my B22G and was surprised at the results at 100 yards. Not good enough to win any matches but not bad for me and this Savage. My gun shoots decent with the Aguila SE 40 grain solid point. Let us know how next months match comes out for you and your B22.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:12 PM
Buckeye Chuck
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to Buckeye Chuck
My B22 is a tack driver if I do my part and I'm very pleased with it. I use SK Standard Plus and I shot the Rimfire Sporter event yesterday at Perry and was pleased with its performance.