Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-21-2019, 05:32 PM
Gripen
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
96% (26)
Question for XT-22TR and XT-22TSR owners

If you don't mind sharing, what is the date code stamped on your gun just in front of the receiver on the left side? Mine is KJ.

I'm curious because I just bought a new XT-22TSR, and I was surprised to open the box and see "Mayfield, KY" stamped on the barrel. So I looked up the date code and (depending on which website you look at) it appears that my gun was made in May 2012 or May 2015.

I was just surprised to buy a brand new gun that was already at least four years old, so I'd like to hear what your date codes are just because I'd like to see if Marlin makes these in really big batches that sell very slowly throughout the next few years or if I just somehow got a rifle that was at the bottom of the pile at a distributor's warehouse somewhere.

Part of my curiosity is because awhile back I contacted Marlin and was told they were making more XT-22T's this summer, but then I contacted them again more recently and was told they were not on the production schedule.
Old 07-21-2019, 07:33 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Gripen sir I am way...way out of town...but I do have a XT-22TR rifle...the important thing in my eyes is you have one and you know how hard they are to find these days. So I would not worry when it was made...even though I am a magnum guy...a XT-22TSR would be very sweet to own.

Signalman
Old 07-21-2019, 07:50 PM
Gripen

TPC Rating: 
96% (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman1 View Post
Gripen sir I am way...way out of town...but I do have a XT-22TR rifle...the important thing in my eyes is you have one and you know how hard they are to find these days. So I would not worry when it was made...even though I am a magnum guy...a XT-22TSR would be very sweet to own.

Signalman
Oh, I'm not worried about when it was made, it's just another thing I'm curious about...there's always something. The TSR is a pretty sweet rifle, the polymer stock is too light for me so I'm going to put it in a walnut stock once I can find a silver rear trigger guard screw in stock somewhere.

Old 07-21-2019, 07:53 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Now that I think about it when I bought my very first Marlin rifle a 883 in 22mag back around 2009...it was new old stock that had not been made in over ten years...but I will tell you it is one rifle that will never be sold...and I mean NEVER. It is the one rifle I own that I have complete faith in...and if you have seen my different collections...you should know how important that statement is.

Signalman
Old 07-21-2019, 08:01 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
Oh, I'm not worried about when it was made, it's just another thing I'm curious about...there's always something. The TSR is a pretty sweet rifle, the polymer stock is too light for me so I'm going to put it in a walnut stock once I can find a silver rear trigger guard screw in stock somewhere.
I understand...and I will be looking forward to your pictures of that set up.

SM
Old 07-21-2019, 09:31 PM
Gripen

TPC Rating: 
96% (26)
Quote:
I understand...and I will be looking forward to your pictures of that set up.

SM
Here's a sneak peek.

Old 07-21-2019, 10:02 PM
truckjohn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think you may have found an example of the FISH inventory control plan:
First
In
Stays
Here

I recently got a NIB 2013 XT-22SR. It was from a big box retailer. It apparently just sort of rattled around in the back of their warehouse for 6 years.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:02 PM
Airtool
Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
TSR acquisistion!

Quote:
... I just bought a new XT-22TSR
I've got nothing to offer - mine's a Mayfield gun, purchased a couple years ago and it looks like it shows "46". Useless...

Did you purchase from Bullhead? If that's the one, good - he's a little off the path, and I'm not surprised that it sat awhile. I don't recall seeing it in the past, but then I didn't know you were looking for one.

I also decided to put mine in walnut: Got the stock from Numrich, and it's not nearly as pretty as yours. I was disappointed in what I got. I'm thinking it was pretty clearly a second/blem, and it's required some work (still not done). I've even toyed with the idea of converting the checkering to cut. The pressed is done unevenly, and I've been reading up on techniques to accomplish that conversion... maybe winter.

T
Old 07-22-2019, 08:36 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Here's a sneak peek.

You dog Where in the world did you find a Fleur de lis stock ?? Do you know how hard they are to find. I am blown away...that is a needle in the hay stack very nice well done ...it almost looks like mine...after you have it together please post some pictures of your rifle out in the sun.

Something like this:

Signalman

Edit: just to let you know mine is a 22 mag :-}

Last edited by Signalman1; 07-22-2019 at 08:52 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:12 PM
sav99fan
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It is a gorgeous rifle and stock combo. Where did you find a xt22 tsr they are like finding a needle in a haystack. 😁
Old 07-22-2019, 09:34 PM
Gripen

TPC Rating: 
96% (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airtool View Post
I've got nothing to offer - mine's a Mayfield gun, purchased a couple years ago and it looks like it shows "46". Useless...

Did you purchase from Bullhead? If that's the one, good - he's a little off the path, and I'm not surprised that it sat awhile. I don't recall seeing it in the past, but then I didn't know you were looking for one.

I also decided to put mine in walnut: Got the stock from Numrich, and it's not nearly as pretty as yours. I was disappointed in what I got. I'm thinking it was pretty clearly a second/blem, and it's required some work (still not done). I've even toyed with the idea of converting the checkering to cut. The pressed is done unevenly, and I've been reading up on techniques to accomplish that conversion... maybe winter.
Nope, another member (you know who you are ) gave me a lead on this one. The stock I found is very pretty, but the checkering isn't very good either....it's not cut, but I don't think it's stamped either....likely a somewhat mediocre laser job. Very dull and rounded points, sadly. But otherwise the stock feels really great! I also need to make some minor modifications to it so that my TSR drops in, but that shouldn't be difficult. Just need the trigger guard and rear screw.

Quote:
You dog Where in the world did you find a Fleur de lis stock ?? Do you know how hard they are to find. I am blown away...that is a needle in the hay stack very nice well done ...it almost looks like mine...after you have it together please post some pictures of your rifle out in the sun.

Something like this:

Signalman

Edit: just to let you know mine is a 22 mag :-}
Where'd I find a fleur-de-lis stock? Oh, Canada. I never expected to find one, then suddenly ran across this particular example. I asked the seller where he got it and if he had more, but he said this was it. I wonder how it got way up there. It's not an XT-22 stock, though, it needs some mods to fit my rifle. I'm betting it was made for a 983 like yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav99fan View Post
It is a gorgeous rifle and stock combo. Where did you find a xt22 tsr they are like finding a needle in a haystack. 😁
Some random guy told me where to find one. With friends like these, no wonder I'll never retire.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:54 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Gripen sir sav99fan is correct you now have the only 22lr double shot (two needles) I have seen: a TSR and Fleur de lis stock what a fantastic combination.

And your correct the FDL stock is better fitted for a 883 or 983 rifle...but are you aware that Marlin made them for other models also. that is what I was told. So if anybody has one like on a Model 60 or any other model please share with us. mine was just a drop in.

Signalman

Edit: Gripen sir did you know the last few XT 22mag rifles came with a Fleur de lis stock on them.
Old 07-24-2019, 04:51 PM
DocSporseen
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The XT-22 TSR I picked up last month shows (I think) CJ 46. Picked it up at Sportsman's Warehouse.