volquartsen barrel carbon fiber - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-28-2017, 05:53 PM
hernan77

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
volquartsen barrel carbon fiber

I wanted to ask you if, with your barrel volquartsen takedown, have expulsion problems with common ammunition? Thank you.:
Old 06-30-2017, 07:20 PM
hernan77

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Anyone from this forum to used a barrel pike arms, WhistlePig, sun tac ?? I want to know your quality regarding the original ruger
Old 07-01-2017, 11:06 AM
weblance

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I have the Volquzrtsen takedown barrel, and have had perfect function, and excellent accuracy through 300 rounds. Its an great choice.

I have a Pike Arms takedown barrel, and its a good choice also. Its similar to a Ruger factory barrel with decent accuracy, and gets the job done.

I will give some extra advice. The Volquartsen takedown barrel with the cantilever optic mount solves the problem many Ruger 10/22 takedown rifles have, and thats inconsistent accuracy with a receiver mounted optic. The takedown style Ruger chose to use isnt robust enough to allow perfect return to zero when dis/reassembling the rifle, and also inconsistent performance shot to shot. I have two Ruger 10/22 takedowns, and both suffered from this problem. The only way to insure proper return to zero is to have the optic mounted to the barrel, and barrels like the Volquartsen solve that issue. Im not sure if you can get Magpul items in Argentina, but Magpul offers a optic mount that replaces the factory barrel block, and I have that also, and it solves the problem as well, but only allows the use of a red dot type optic.

https://www.magpul.com/products/x-22...er-optic-mount

Old 07-01-2017, 09:47 PM
saipan59
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weblance View Post
... The only way to insure proper return to zero is to have the optic mounted to the barrel, and barrels like the Volquartsen solve that issue. Im not sure if you can get Magpul items in Argentina, but Magpul offers a optic mount that replaces the factory barrel block, and I have that also, and it solves the problem as well, but only allows the use of a red dot type optic.
https://www.magpul.com/products/x-22...er-optic-mount
I gather that this mount only works with the VQ stock? Is there a similar product that can be used with Ruger parts? Specifically, some sort of mount that clamps onto the 0.92" TD-Lite barrel?
Pete
Old 07-02-2017, 01:05 AM
weblance

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Pete, The Magpul mount would work with any stock, with some clearance cut around the mount. Its pretty thin where it comes up around the stock, but Im sure you might have to do a bit of work. I have seen threads where people have used it on either a Ruger factory stock, or a Hogue, Im not sure which. The owner had to cut a little bit of his stock out for the mount to clear.

The Magpul optic mount works with standard barrel profiles, and bull barrels.

There is another mount that I dont have any experience with, its a scout scope mount for the Takedown. I think its for the standard barrel...

http://www.amegamounts.com/product_p...down_10-22.php
Old 03-18-2019, 09:06 PM
TP11

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I see that this is an old thread. Does anyone have any experience with the Pike 1:9 twist barrels for the 10/22 Takedown? It's made to stabilize 60 grain bullets.