Model 60 sights & trigger? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-14-2017, 11:33 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Model 60 sights & trigger?

I'm going to get a Model 60 for a 25/35 yard offhand plinking rifle. I'm not saying I'll stick with this plan but I'm hoping the 60 will be something I can consistently hit with without replacing sights and trigger parts. Targets will usually be nothing smaller than a 50 round 22 RF box.

How good are the factory sights out of the box? Is the front sight narrow enough to get a good sight picture at those distances and not cover up the target ? Most stock triggers aren't that great. I've found I can usually get used to them enough to get ok accuracy but I see a lot of interest here on aftermarket trigger parts. How bad/good is the 60's trigger?
Old 04-14-2017, 10:46 PM
Sigep1764

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I like to scope my rifles, but Tech Sights are the generally accepted sights for good accuracy iron sights. My 60's sights were fine for about twenty yards, then my eyes gave up. Thats for you to decide. The trigger is a little heavy, but can be mastered without too much issue. That said, im planning on a KAT trigger. Read about it. All in all, my 6p stock is way more than the bill and change i gave for it and it will never be traded or sold.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:38 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Model 60 sights and trigger

Thanks for the info. Good to hear that about the trigger. I've heard a lot of positive info on the Tech Sights but they cost about half as much as the rifle. Like I said I don't know if I can stick with the plan.

Since my first post I read where a shooter on the Marlin forum said filing out the notch a little in the rear sight and a drop of white paint on the front sight made a significant improvement in his ability to hit with the factory sights on his Model 60. I'll probably end up giving that a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2017, 11:01 AM
Bearhands
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
511, Save your sheckles and get the TechSights when you can you WON'T regret it. I'm 62, my eyes suck and the TechSights have made shooting the 60 & 795 a pleasure!
Do yourself a favor and sight your rifle in using a 6 O'clock hold, that way, you won't ever lose sight of the target.

P.S. Then keep saving for one of Arrowdodger's KAT triggers!
Old 04-16-2017, 01:14 PM
Mikes250r

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I love Marlin 60 rifles. They are all super accurate right out of the box, but lets face it Marlin 60 triggers are OK at best. The sights are decent too, however, if you really want to realize your rifles true potential you will put some quality glass on it, install a KAT trigger and feed that rifle a steady diet of CCI srandard velocity. Arrowdodger has the KATs in stock right now. I have three of his triggers and it is an abosolute steal for what he charges. Get one while you can you won't regret it.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:47 PM
Jammer22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Another thumbs up for the KAT! My uncle has several they take a good rifle and make it GREAT!
Old 04-16-2017, 02:36 PM
Vee3

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tech Sights and DIP trigger/guard are an awful lot of money to be adding to a cheesy .22 rifle. Gotta be nuts to pay what they cost.

3 out of my 4 Marlin rimfires have them.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:57 PM
shootrj2003
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wierd because AFTER you put them on they are not really a cheesy rifle anymore
Actually bone stock they don't seem cheesy to me ,they work shot after shot,not my Rem 597( at least not at first,)not my savage 64 semi,seemed like a solid all steel rifle,unreliable mags never got a good one ,sold it,never liked a Ruger after I had one years ago but the mag was great!Rem.66 mags fell apart constantly,my friend had a Viper,glad I never did ,loved my Mossberg 351 ( I think that was the model) I still like my click-clack Stevens but Marlins. Are dead on reliable.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:12 AM
C.C.
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
O.K., to improve the 60's trigger to a somewhat civilized level, and save a few $$$, how the McCarbo spring sets work? Worth the investment In $ and time?
Old 04-17-2017, 06:14 AM
shootrj2003
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have not used one yet ,but others who have say they work,there is also DIP trigger and trigger guard,these can be done by you at home.the KAT trigger is the best,I don't know the cost but the designer ,Mark,has to machine the action bars and so does the install in your action,again ,this is the best and results are guaranteed.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:44 PM
Seven95
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

Northern Hemisphere of a small, blue planet
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
MCarbo Triigger Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C. View Post
O.K., to improve the 60's trigger to a somewhat civilized level, and save a few $$$, how the McCarbo spring sets work? Worth the investment In $ and time?
Installed an M*CARBO trigger kit in my rifle, it reduced trigger pull & smoothed the entire motion. Trigger pull is now approximately 4 pounds, a very noticeable improvement.

I can definitely say M*CARBO is worth the money.