Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-15-2021, 08:41 PM
surby

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
ANY TIPS TO DISASSEMBLY OF NORINCO CSA TT OLYMPIA

came into a nos tt-olympia still wrapped in the plastic. haven't done anything yet and was hoping for some practical insight along with any tips or procedures to disassembling it for a thorough cleaning of 25+ year old cosmoline? i'm hoping to avoid any costly errors. also, any recommendation on cleaning solvents...i was thinking either chlorine-free brake cleaner or carb cleaner.

also also, anything i should do while i'm in there to improve function? like stoning, deburring certain stuff and/or etc? anything definitely NOT to do.

thanks in advance to all helpful replies.
Old 01-15-2021, 09:17 PM
ayetee
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
It disassembles just like a Walther PP, PPK.
Old 01-16-2021, 06:29 AM
Andyd
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (25)
Post number three is relevant for you. The Chinese basically copied the Walther Olympia 1936 Jaegerschaftspistole. The Walther 1936 developed into the Walther Haemmerli and then into the Hammerli International.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...d.php?t=620281

Last edited by Andyd; 01-16-2021 at 06:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2021, 11:41 AM
surby

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
if it's as easy/simple as a pp i'll be set!

i've poked around here and the web and got the post 3 manual with the field strip guide but was looking for more detailed info. i'm particularly concerned with the recoil spring as most others had a bear of a time with it though one said it was easy.

since it's sat unused for so long, i'd like to do (close to) a complete disassembly & clean as well as inspect for any rust etc and figured i might do a little judicious honing / deburring while i'm in there.

thanks for the tips so far.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:06 PM
HIghstandardguy

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Be very careful if modifying any parts. Parts are virtually nonexistent so you donít want to mess anything up or you will have an interesting paperweight. You can find parts occasionally when someone is parting out their paperweight.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:49 PM
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)

In lieu of "like" button.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:49 PM
surby

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
not looking to modify anything per se, more wanting to deburr / break edges / clean-up any milling sloppiness & etc. so that things are all smooth & good inside. yeah, parts seems very tough to come by so i'll definitely be extra careful when poking around in there.
Old 01-16-2021, 02:47 PM
HIghstandardguy

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
The late Jim Barta was a fan of these. He's the one who initially cautioned me about the parts situation. My understanding is that the pistols were shipped ahead of Clinton's ban on Chinese firearms but the parts never made it.
Old 01-16-2021, 03:35 PM
Andyd
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIghstandardguy View Post
The late Jim Barta was a fan of these. He's the one who initially cautioned me about the parts situation. My understanding is that the pistols were shipped ahead of Clinton's ban on Chinese firearms but the parts never made it.
The gun show tables bent under the weight of these guns long before Slick Willie was elected. Parts are still readily available for anyone smart enough.
Old 01-18-2021, 08:57 AM
HIghstandardguy

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Guess I'll have to start doing those puzzles they advertise to increase my IQ.
Old 01-23-2021, 08:40 PM
surby

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
manual parts diagram jpegs attached below

below are clean clear jpegs of the user manual / parts diagram.

recoil spring & it's guide rod were not easy peasy but not bad after looking at it a bit and figuring out how to work them.

whole thing was actually very clean! ended up just doing a lite clean and broke edges on recoil spring guide rod before oiling and getting her back together. will report back after range if anyone's interested.

for anyone interested some weights follow: Empty mag 64g, weight 202g, slide 178g, total w/weight 951g, total w/o weight 749g.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pages 1 & 4.jpg (517.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg pages 2 & 3.jpg (538.9 KB, 8 views)
Old 04-17-2021, 07:21 AM
farscott

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIghstandardguy View Post
Be very careful if modifying any parts. Parts are virtually nonexistent so you don’t want to mess anything up or you will have an interesting paperweight. You can find parts occasionally when someone is parting out their paperweight.
As inexpensive as these pistols are, a spare for parts makes sense. I have about $700 into my pair, including a few spare magazines. That is much less than a comparable target pistol, let alone the ammo for a target pistol.

Last edited by farscott; 04-17-2021 at 07:26 AM.
Old 05-09-2021, 11:57 AM
farscott

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Shot one of my pair again this weekend. Put about sixty rounds through it. Not sure any parts need modifications or polish as the trigger is very good and function is flawless with both standard velocity and high-velocity ammo. Used CCI Standard Velocity, Federal Champion, and Winchester DynaPoints. Double taps on metallic spinners were fast and easy. Balance is perfect for offhand shooting

Hardest thing about shooting it well is seeing the front sight. My sights are set for a six-o'clock hold so as to not cover the target. The tiny rear sight windage adjustment screws, so far, are not backing out after using Henkel thread locking compound. Shot it at distances from ten yards to twenty-five yards.

I only wish I had bought a few more of these in the 1990s when the prices were well under $200 at the local gun shows. I remembers tables full of these and SKS rifles. I could have been shooting these for the past twenty-five years.
Old 05-09-2021, 01:43 PM
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Mine pretty much sits since my eyes have aged out of the sights, and I'm too lazy to sell stuff.
Old 05-09-2021, 02:25 PM
farscott

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Bob View Post
Mine pretty much sits since my eyes have aged out of the sights, and I'm too lazy to sell stuff.
I am using trifocal polycarbonate corrective lenses that my optician designed especially for shooting and computer usage. The top portion of the lens is ideal for focusing on the front sight.

If you decide to sell it, I would be interested.

Last edited by farscott; 05-09-2021 at 02:49 PM.