Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-04-2020, 03:14 PM
Koga
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Walther KKJ front sight question

I acquired a KKJ from a lifelong friend, it was missing the front sight. I purchased what is supposed to be a complete replacement front sight and hood, but something doesn't make sense to me. The front sight blade has a ring under the post that fits in the sight shroud assembly that fits over the barrel. The sight came with 3 set screws but it looks like I need a screw to hold the front sight blade in place ??

Any ideas ??

Thanks
Old 08-05-2020, 05:31 PM
Henry88

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think a picture would be a great help?
Old 08-06-2020, 06:39 AM
Andyd
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (25)
The front sight originally had three sight posts that had a ring as a base, those were held by a screw from the front that went through the ring, exactly the same ones used in the LP53. The sight was held in place by a set screw, that is on top of the sight.

Here is the photo for those unfamiliar with the sight, the insert in the photo is from an early match version.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2021, 04:06 PM
Jasper7

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What you have here is the KKJ support , with the screw and insert from a LG53ZD airgun. They fit into the KKJ support.
Normally, the KKJ has the screw and posts (as described above) same as the LP53 pistol (James Bond type) and the ordinairy LG53.
I have those available if you are in need of them.
The screws and inserts (both types) can be found, but it is hard and expensive.

Give me a day or two, and I will make pictures of the different screws and inserts if you want.

Last edited by Jasper7; 04-26-2021 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:00 PM
Jasper7

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
As promised, some of the front sights from Walther as an own photo.

On the RH side of the picture, on top the screw and insert blade on your KKJ (as on LG53ZD), and below that, the solid insert and screw from the LP53 pistol and the LG53 (non match version).
The head of the 2nd example is as big as the smooth part of the screw on top, and total lenght is shorter, so it will go into your front sight support smoothly and all the way, including the head.

The Front sight support shown, is LG53. Also in this one both screws and inserts fit, like in your KKJ.