Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-27-2021, 09:29 AM
ruffis

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
voodoo

Why is nobody shooting voodoo actions or rifles in BR? From what i am seeing on youtube & snipers hide forums these rifles are more than capable of competing in BR .
Old 01-27-2021, 11:08 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
More than capable? In who's eyes? I haven't seen anything that makes me think they will be any better than any current actions being produced. Barrels and bullets thats what it's all about.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:42 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Seems like there're more keyboard marksmen than actual shooters. I can appreciate the effort of a niche manufacturer, and especially their participation in discussions like this.

(post edited as this discussion has drastically altered my knowledge on these matters, original post below)
Assuming you mean vudoo, as stated above, there's nothing (other than price) that makes them special.

My impression is they are the "daniel defence" of rimfire. Great quality, for sure. Plenty of similar (or arguably better) quality for much more reasonable prices.

Last edited by eflyguy; 02-01-2021 at 02:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2021, 12:21 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
I wasn't aware of any significant price difference from the Turbo or the Stiller 2500X
Old 01-27-2021, 12:39 PM
Smoothtrigger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
In our monty USBR match we now have about 20% of the rifles being shot are Vudoo's with more on the way.

Just a F.Y.I. we don't allow mechanical front rests (bipods only) or tuners.
Because of that we haven't seen any full on benchrest rifles show up (the Turbos and Stiller types in benchrest stocks).

So far the Vudoos have not been able to score quite as well as the Anschutz rifles which make up about 50% of our rifles.
The rest are mostly Win 52's, and an occasional Rem 37/40x, Kimber 82g's and HS's, along with the odd Suhl or Martini.

However I expect our Vudoo shooters to catch up at some point this year because they as a group, are less experienced.

Smooth

Last edited by Smoothtrigger; 01-28-2021 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-27-2021, 03:00 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
I think the Vudoo attraction is their use in multiple shooting disciplines where the accuracy requirements are reduced.
Old 01-27-2021, 03:29 PM
RAVAGE

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflyguy View Post
Assuming you mean vudoo, as stated above, there's nothing (other than price) that makes them special.

My impression is they are the "daniel defence" of rimfire. Great quality, for sure. Plenty of similar (or arguably better) quality for much more reasonable prices.
Impression? How many have you actually seen? Handled?

MB
Old 01-27-2021, 04:13 PM
RAVAGE

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffis View Post
Why is nobody shooting voodoo actions or rifles in BR? From what i am seeing on youtube & snipers hide forums these rifles are more than capable of competing in BR .
Yessir, they are certainly capable and the number of guys using them in BR is rising. There are a couple of respected and capable builders finishing up rifles, so you'll see the numbers climbing.

MB
Old 01-27-2021, 04:17 PM
RAVAGE

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlnbyr View Post
I think the Vudoo attraction is their use in multiple shooting disciplines where the accuracy requirements are reduced.
As it relates to the repeaters, they are leaders in the disciplines you' re referring to, but these same repeaters are turning in respectable scores and some have won BR matches with them. The single shot is doing even better.

MB
Old 01-27-2021, 05:00 PM
Penage Guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I believe the Vudoo V22S single shot BR barreled action has been available only since about October 2020. If it's going to make a name for itself in top level BR competition it will take a little more time than the three months that it's been available. In addition, it may take time for Vudoo users to establish themselves among top level shooters.
Old 01-27-2021, 05:11 PM
RAVAGE

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penage Guy View Post
I believe the Vudoo V22S single shot BR barreled action has been available only since about October 2020. If it's going to make a name for itself in top level BR competition it will take a little more time than the three months that it's been available. In addition, it may take time for Vudoo users to establish themselves among top level shooters.
^^^^Highly sound thinking/perspective....

MB
Old 01-27-2021, 05:14 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVAGE View Post
As it relates to the repeaters, they are leaders in the disciplines you' re referring to, but these same repeaters are turning in respectable scores and some have won BR matches with them. The single shot is doing even better.

MB
I agree Mike, I see the single shot as another option, not necessarily superior but not inferior either. John
Old 01-27-2021, 05:19 PM
RAVAGE

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlnbyr View Post
I agree Mike, I see the single shot as another option, not necessarily superior but not inferior either. John
Yessir, well stated and appreciated.

MB
Old 01-27-2021, 05:20 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Barrels and bullets
Old 01-27-2021, 05:46 PM
US Army

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Vudoo single shot is available with a Shilen ratchet barrel and a Flavio Fare trigger with the proper cocking piece.

Scroll down for the single shot barreled action here:

https://vudoogunworks.com/action/v-22-barreled-actions/

Mike, are you going to offer the single shot in a benchrest stock?
I donít know why I donít have one.

The targets Iíve seen shot by Vudoos on the various forums are impressive.