Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Ruger PC9mm carbine...

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  chicharrones 
#1 ·
Anybody have feedback on these?
My Buddy bought this one below.. I mounted the Vortex Venom and blinged the gloss black (fugly) butt-spacers... now, I shall go get it on paper!

See less See more
#2 ·
About 2 pounds to heavy as far as I am concerned handles like a brick. Mine eats the cheapest steel case ammo without a complaint. Accuracy is decent for a short fat bullet it will stay on a torso sized silhouette at 100 yards. Good plinker if you don't want to carry it to far.

#7 · (Edited)
For price and full size carbine, I think some of the 9mm AR-15 uppers or full blown AR-9 look better. Ruger is heavy for a 9mm. I was kind of hot to trot on this until I got my hands on one. I think it compares very well against HiPoint. That is about all the good I can say for that. I dont see where Ruger really fits in? They are not best at anything in this space.

The sub-2000 is unique and light and handy. I wish they had figured a way to position the sight a little back. Make it from steel and provide some method of adjustment. Although, I do not have a sub-2000, there maybe something that can be done to move the front sights. Sights seem the weak point for me. It is special having features no one else offers. Probably most mount an optic and do not care.

Another really interesting choice is the Aero Survival Rifle. You dont hear much about these and I have yet to get my hands on one. I wont be buying any 9mm carbine until I get a good look at these. it has features and advantages where the Ruger offers nothing "better than". The Aero comes in two frame sizes the 9mm and 45. Google that up. I think you will be impressed with the pitch.

#9 ·
For price and full size carbine, I think some of the 9mm AR-15 uppers or full blown AR-9 look better. Ruger is heavy for a 9mm. I was kind of hot to trot on this until I got my hands on one. I think it compares very well against HiPoint. That is about all the good I can say for that. I dont see where Ruger really fits in? They are not best at anything in this space.

The sub-2000 is unique and light and handy. I wish they had figured a way to position the sight a little back. Make it from steel and provide some method of adjustment. Although, I do not have a sub-2000, there maybe something that can be done to move the front sights. Sights seem the weak point for me. It is special having features no one else offers. Probably most mount an optic and do not care.

Another really interesting choice is the Aero Survival Rifle. You dont hear much about these and I have yet to get my hands on one. I wont be buying any 9mm carbine until I get a good look at these. it has features and advantages where the Ruger offers nothing "better than". The Aero comes in two frame sizes the 9mm and 45. Google that up. I think you will be impressed with the pitch.
The Sub 2000's sights are far from great but we've done very good work with them when rear sight is replaced with a aperture, still not wonderful but my friends and I routinely (a miss costs a buck to the beverage fund) hit Gatorade 12oz. bottles at 50 and even 64 yards (the far end of the Chert pit). A minimalist AR-9 would be worth a good look see too.:bthumb:

One of the best Sub2000 Gen 2 reviews I've seen

#11 ·
I've added a CZ Scorpion to the stable as well, I know some here really like the Ruger but I've not found the handling to my liking but that's what makes Horse races as they say.

Bottom is a 25M target factory target.

#13 · (Edited)
I've added a CZ Scorpion to the stable as well, I know some here really like the Ruger but I've not found the handling to my liking but that's what makes Horse races as they say.

Bottom is a 25M target factory target.
"Pistol" vs. Carbine, yep they should handle differently.

Looking forward to seeing some targets once you get to shoot it. :cool:

Edit to add: I thought this thread started in 2021. I forget that some forum sections move really slow here. :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.