Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:25 AM
crm617
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
75% (1)
Anschutz 54 scope rings or rail adapters help

I recently purchased an Anschutz 54 repeater. Iíve searched here and, on the web, and havenít come up with a combination yet that will allow me to mount the scope I want to use. Planning on using a Sightron with a 60MM objective, hence the problem.
A little back ground the gun did go back to Anschutz as recently as Nov. for testing because of ejection problems, not every round. Anschutz said because of the 25 MOA one-piece rail that is mounted that is causing the problem when it doesnít fully eject. They suggest using 11mm dovetail rings that go directly to the barrel groove. I have no problem with that in fact they recommend Kelbyís, but their high rings arenít high enough.
So now my problem, with a 60mm objective center of scope to barrel is 1.18, plus I need clearance of course. I have not found any dovetail rings with the height I need. Second choice would be two-piece adapters from 11mm to picatinny/Weaver. Problem there is that Anschutz dovetails have a slightly rounded top compared to other manufactures. Iíve only found one-piece rails so far; a DIP rail is currently mounted. I thought about just cutting it to make a two-piece mount, mill the ends to clean it up and use aluminum black on the ends. DIP only uses one set of locking screws. The opposite side of the rail only has screws that are guides to keep it straight, they donít lock down.
Iím hoping with the wealth of knowledge here someone might know of rings that will work, two-piece adapters that are for Anschutz, or ideas. The options would be: 11mm rings that have a height of approximately 1.25 which will give me the clearance I need, or two-piece adapters that will fit the Anschutz rail profile and get me to picatinny/Weaver type scope rings. Going the adapters route probably is the best way that will allow me to use high quality rings.
Understand for me Iím looking for prefect, Iím that kind of guy. A $2500-gun, $1000 scope, Iím not looking to put $30.00 rings on this.
I look forward to any suggestions while I continue to find a solution. There must be an answer. I just havenít found it yet.
Old 01-05-2019, 03:42 PM
Gizmo60

Ireland - Across the big pond as they say
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Welcome.

If I remember correctly, I think BKL make some high scope rings.

Check link here-under, it will give you an idea of the many different types and sizes of riser blocks available specifically for Anschutz rifles. Some are at a set height, others are adjustable for height.

More than likely they or similar are available in your area of US.

https://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog/Sight_Blocks.html

Hope you find what your after.

Giz
“I don’t want to go to heaven. None of my friends are there”. – Oscar Wilde
Old 01-05-2019, 09:13 PM
Smoothtrigger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So I have DIP rails an all 4 of my Anschutz rifles 1727's, 1416's, and a 1717 which is the same as your 54 actioned rifle. I've had zero issues with ejection.

However before I switched them all to the DIP rails, I was using Talley Light Weight One Piece rings.

This is my 56mm Nightforce on one of my 1727'S using Talley Ex-highs.
There was more space left than this photo makes it look like. I also mounted this same scope on my 1717, but I don't have a photo.
I think these Talley's may work for you.
Now if you need extra MOA, then these won't help with that.

Smooth

Last edited by Smoothtrigger; 01-06-2019 at 03:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2019, 06:05 AM
Thomasconnor

TPC Rating: 
100% (77)
1) With 11mm rings and no base, I'd be surprised if a set of Harrells rings wouldn't be tall enough.

http://harrellsprec.com/index.php/pr...um-scope-rings

2) If you have a repeater, isn't it drilled and tapped for bases? If so, there are several makers of bases, here's one:

https://warnescopemounts.com/product/m824824/

Then I believe there are all kinds of Benchrest Weaver style rings...Tom
Old 01-07-2019, 06:35 AM
Hi-NV Shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm617 View Post
I recently purchased an Anschutz 54 repeater. I’ve searched here and, on the web, and haven’t come up with a combination yet that will allow me to mount the scope I want to use. Planning on using a Sightron with a 60MM objective, hence the problem.
A little back ground the gun did go back to Anschutz as recently as Nov. for testing because of ejection problems, not every round. Anschutz said because of the 25 MOA one-piece rail that is mounted that is causing the problem when it doesn’t fully eject. They suggest using 11mm dovetail rings that go directly to the barrel groove. I have no problem with that in fact they recommend Kelby’s, but their high rings aren’t high enough.
So now my problem, with a 60mm objective center of scope to barrel is 1.18, plus I need clearance of course. I have not found any dovetail rings with the height I need. Second choice would be two-piece adapters from 11mm to picatinny/Weaver. Problem there is that Anschutz dovetails have a slightly rounded top compared to other manufactures. I’ve only found one-piece rails so far; a DIP rail is currently mounted. I thought about just cutting it to make a two-piece mount, mill the ends to clean it up and use aluminum black on the ends. DIP only uses one set of locking screws. The opposite side of the rail only has screws that are guides to keep it straight, they don’t lock down.
I’m hoping with the wealth of knowledge here someone might know of rings that will work, two-piece adapters that are for Anschutz, or ideas. The options would be: 11mm rings that have a height of approximately 1.25 which will give me the clearance I need, or two-piece adapters that will fit the Anschutz rail profile and get me to picatinny/Weaver type scope rings. Going the adapters route probably is the best way that will allow me to use high quality rings.
Understand for me I’m looking for prefect, I’m that kind of guy. A $2500-gun, $1000 scope, I’m not looking to put $30.00 rings on this.
I look forward to any suggestions while I continue to find a solution. There must be an answer. I just haven’t found it yet.
BKL makes 2-piece riser adapters-

not real good picture but the bottom rifle has the adapters and Warne 617LM QD rings mounting a big S-III 60mm

Lee

Last edited by Hi-NV Shooter; 01-07-2019 at 06:38 AM.